FiiO E07K ANDES Review and Help Thread
Aug 19, 2013 at 12:16 PM Post #916 of 1,676
I get the message, its just that the eo7k wont function properly. I can use usb otg with everything else, it even works fine with the regular e7 w/o issue. I have music playing usb otg with another dac atm so its just the eo7k. I suspected and now confirmed you need a specific root to get it to work with the tmobile version.

Aug 19, 2013 at 12:25 PM Post #917 of 1,676
Quote:
I get the message, its just that the eo7k wont function properly. I can use usb otg with everything else, it even works fine with the regular e7 w/o issue. I have music playing usb otg with another dac atm so its just the eo7k. I suspected and now confirmed you need a specific root to get it to work with the tmobile version.

Ummmm... That's super weird... So does it not work at all? or it just do weird things like playing at 2x or something like that. I don't know, I might try stock during the evening if I get some time for that.

Aug 20, 2013 at 2:27 PM Post #919 of 1,676
how do you think about pairing this E07K with Ultrasone DJ1?
any improvement over x-fi xtrememusic or prodigy hd2 advance as i currently use?
are there any DAC that would work better with my Ultrasone DJ1?

Aug 20, 2013 at 8:56 PM Post #920 of 1,676
Quote:
how do you think about pairing this E07K with Ultrasone DJ1?
any improvement over x-fi xtrememusic or prodigy hd2 advance as i currently use?
are there any DAC that would work better with my Ultrasone DJ1?

"Welcome to Head-Fi! Sorry about your wallet"

The E07K softens the upper mid spike of the Ultrasone's a bit making it more manageable. The HFI 580/DJ1's are made for details and to especially show off the drums and guitars(or similar instruments) in terms of using them in the studio. The E07K removes those details a bit taking away a bit of their studio properties, but makes it more suitable for music listening.

Probably not a big improvement

Aug 22, 2013 at 9:34 AM Post #921 of 1,676
scary greetings.. 
biggrin.gif

so there is no significant improvement on fiio e07k over x-fi xtrememusic? am i correct?

Aug 22, 2013 at 2:13 PM Post #923 of 1,676
Panda man, I want to thank you for your in depth review of the E07k.  And also for continuing to help many of us with questions with this product.  I have ordered one and it should be here next week.  I have a question though.  I have an iMac and I want to get the best SQ using my computer and the E07k.  I noticed that you are using a Toslink and I think this is the route I want to go.  My question, how can I use the Toslink with my application?  I think I will need to use a Toslink cable that has a 3.5mm headphone connector that will go to the iMac but I don't know what the other connector to the E07k should be.  I think it might need to use a mini Toslink but I don't know for sure since I do not have the unit yet.  Please tell what you are using.  Thank you.

Aug 22, 2013 at 7:10 PM Post #924 of 1,676
Quote:
Panda man, I want to thank you for your in depth review of the E07k.  And also for continuing to help many of us with questions with this product.  I have ordered one and it should be here next week.  I have a question though.  I have an iMac and I want to get the best SQ using my computer and the E07k.  I noticed that you are using a Toslink and I think this is the route I want to go.  My question, how can I use the Toslink with my application?  I think I will need to use a Toslink cable that has a 3.5mm headphone connector that will go to the iMac but I don't know what the other connector to the E07k should be.  I think it might need to use a mini Toslink but I don't know for sure since I do not have the unit yet.  Please tell what you are using.  Thank you.

"Welcome to Head-Fi! Sorry about your wallet Cricket!"

The E07K sadly does not support S/PDIF with toslink. Only USB and AUX in. I am not using a Toslink cable, you may have seen my E17 pictures. The E17 does USB, AUX, and S/PDIF input

Just connect USB from iMac to E07K, make sure no audio enhancements are enabled on Mac and to keep volume at 100% on Mac and use ANDES for volume control.

Aug 22, 2013 at 10:08 PM Post #925 of 1,676
I see.  Yes it is too bad the E07k doesn't support the Toslink.  I was kinda of looking forward to that.  I did order the USB/AUX in cable along with the E07k.  Thank you for the welcome. It looks like a great community and I have been learning a lot so far.  

Aug 22, 2013 at 10:32 PM Post #926 of 1,676
Quote:
I see.  Yes it is too bad the E07k doesn't support the Toslink.  I was kinda of looking forward to that.  I did order the USB/AUX in cable along with the E07k.  Thank you for the welcome. It looks like a great community and I have been learning a lot so far.  

The E07K comes with the USB cable already and I think it also comes with a 3.5mm aux cable.

Aug 23, 2013 at 3:02 PM Post #927 of 1,676
^^^Yes, I know that it comes with those cables but in my readings on the E07 it was highly recommended to use the cable that I ordered.  I will compare the SQ and see if there is any difference between the cables.

Aug 25, 2013 at 5:38 AM Post #928 of 1,676
Hey everybody!!
I'm an amateur audiophile and it was a joy to spent a good couple of hours just browsing trhough all the great info on this website, amazed how I never heard of it before.

Anyway, I recently upgraded my FiiO E7 for a E07K and I'm surprised to see it does'nt seem to work on my PC.
[size=12.727272033691406px] I have connected my FiiO E07K and even tho I see the SPDIF OUT as FiiO DAC E07K on the Sound Configuration window (I'm on Win7) and the green bars are going up and down while playing music, I get no sound whatsoever on my headphones.[/size]
[size=12.727272033691406px] This amp works flawlessly connected to a phone tho, so I'm only having this problem when trying to connect it to a PC.[/size]
[size=12.727272033691406px]  [/size]
[size=12.727272033691406px] Please if anyone could help me with this issue I would be greatly apreciated as I've exausted all the possible fixes I could think of.[/size]
[size=12.727272033691406px] Also, I believe I might have bought the wrong amp for my headphones, I use a pair of Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO, 250 ohms and reading a little bit more on this amp it's recomended for 16~150 ohms. What does that mean exactly? I assume the only thing is happening is that I will never really will be able to push my Beyerdynamics to it's 100% potential, right? If so, I can live with that, I can use this E07K for my iphone or when I'm traveling or in my car, and I'm thinking about in a few months down the road buying a Bravo Audio Ocean Mini Valve amp for my PC, either that or a E09K since the E07K already is a DAC. (Assuming I get this person to work on my PC... :frowning2: )[/size]
[size=12.727272033691406px] Edit: Mm, I tried out the E07K on my work computer and it appears to work fine. I must try to reinstal the drivers on my home computer then, it must be it.[/size]

Aug 29, 2013 at 1:58 PM Post #929 of 1,676
I received my E07 last week and I am really enjoying it.  The unit comes with a cable with two headphone jacks and this is supposed to connect the ipod (5th gen with Wolfson DAC) with the E07.  Initially, I really was not so impressed with the SQ.  I could not tell the difference when I disconnected the cable and went straight into the ipod with the headphone cable.  

I was reading that a few posters on this thread are using the LOD cable from Fiio.  Some have said it made a big difference in SQ so I wanted to try this.  I can confirm it makes a big difference in SQ.  I own the AT M50 headphones that I really like.  But it lacks in the higher frequencies and the mids could be more forward.  Well, the LOD cable has solved these problem ares and has expanded the sound stage as well.  The high frequencies are now much better without being harsh and the mids have moved forward and are more pronounced.  As a result, the overall sound is now more engaging.  

So if any of you have purchased or thinking of purchasing the E07, the $10 investment into this cable will increase your listening pleasure.  

http://www.amazon.com/FiiO-L3-Line-Cable-iPhone/dp/B003UCESP8

Aug 29, 2013 at 8:48 PM Post #930 of 1,676
I can also recomend the L3 Line Out Dock (LOD)! The diference is night and day, I even showd it to my wife who typically can't tell the diference between these things like we do, and she did notice a substancial diference between using the LOD againt using the audio jack. it you're gonna be spending the 90$ buying the E07, might as well spending another 10$ to really make your sound better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back