FiiO E07K ANDES Review and Help Thread
Jul 18, 2013 at 11:41 PM Post #872 of 1,676
Great!

Now when using the amplifier on my phone, is there a better turn around to use its DAC?

Yep, just turn USB CHG to off if you are plugging more things into a USB hub that you think are big and power hungry. Otherwise, don't worry.

I believe there may be a product out right now that bypasses lightning style stuff Apple uses. Not sure if using lightning to USB would work

But I don't think you are going to buy them anyway. The current devices out that will let you bypass the Apple devices own DAC to let you use your own cost $500+. So yeah....

Jul 18, 2013 at 11:46 PM Post #874 of 1,676
So I guess I won't be using DAC when traveling then.

By the way, what's the difference between using DAC and not using it?

You mean an external one?

the iPhone already has a pretty good internal DAC. Uber Audiophiles using $1,000 CIEM's want to have the best portable experience. And so they buy units that allow them to use their own DAC's and amps.

Jul 30, 2013 at 8:33 AM Post #876 of 1,676
I just wanted to inform all members that I´ve written a review about the E07K (shameless self promotion :wink:)

http://marlene-d.blogspot.de/2013/07/review-of-fiio-e07k-andes-fiio-l7.html

I think it´s the first time that someone took a closer look at FiiO's driver (though I haven´t read every post in this thread) which might be interesting for some people. I know, I´m a bit late to the party but I still think that there´s something worthwile in my review.

I hope you enjoy it...

Jul 30, 2013 at 9:44 AM Post #878 of 1,676
Quote:
Admittedly shamless self promotions are best promotions
biggrin.gif

Anyway good review. I think the reason for the lack of in depth driver info is that its a built in driver(class 1) and most dont care for the driver itself

Thanks! :D

IMO, nobody should think about using this driver. But to avoid that people mistreat this lovely thing by using an inappropriate driver I had to mention it. I´ve written a facebook message to FiiO, giving them the link to the article, maybe they have a look into it. If they´d be able to improve it I´d change my review immediately of course.

Jul 30, 2013 at 2:43 PM Post #880 of 1,676
I just wanted to inform all members that I´ve written a review about the E07K (shameless self promotion :wink:)

http://marlene-d.blogspot.de/2013/07/review-of-fiio-e07k-andes-fiio-l7.html

I think it´s the first time that someone took a closer look at FiiO's driver (though I haven´t read every post in this thread) which might be interesting for some people. I know, I´m a bit late to the party but I still think that there´s something worthwile in my review.

I hope you enjoy it...

Excellent review. I read it and enjoyed doing it. Especially since I own myself E07k, E07k, A1 and Audioquest Forrest USB. I consider now purchasing Audioquest RCA cable for connecting E09k to A1.

Sent from my LG-P970 using Tapatalk 2

Jul 30, 2013 at 9:51 PM Post #882 of 1,676
Quote:
Excellent review. I read it and enjoyed doing it. Especially since I own myself E07k, E07k, A1 and Audioquest Forrest USB. I consider now purchasing Audioquest RCA cable for connecting E09k to A1.

Thank you very much! Audioquest cables are very good... but also expensive. I think that a less expensive Audioquest cable might work very well... but I don´t know the price you have in mind.

How does the combination of E07K & E09K work? Loud enough for high impedance headphones? Good sound?

Jul 30, 2013 at 9:53 PM Post #883 of 1,676
Quote:
I did not get much difference in performance from WASAPI to default driver, but of course, I did not use a multitude of formats and bit rates when testing the differnece. 

Not sure what you mean. You mean not much difference from WASAPI (FiiO driver) to WASAPI (Microsoft driver)?

Or are you talking about Direct sound vs. WASAPI?

Jul 31, 2013 at 1:07 AM Post #885 of 1,676
Quote:

Thank you very much! Audioquest cables are very good... but also expensive. I think that a less expensive Audioquest cable might work very well... but I don´t know the price you have in mind.

How does the combination of E07K & E09K work? Loud enough for high impedance headphones? Good sound?

For me the combination works great. I mostly use AKG K601 phones (120 ohm) and there's plenty power to spare and the sound is good (IMO). I use J.River MC18 with WASAPI.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back