FiiO E07K ANDES Review and Help Thread
Jul 15, 2013 at 10:58 AM Post #856 of 1,676
Just wondering what Tablets people have been able to get the E07K to work with? I saw someone here had a rooted Nexus 7 that worked. Any stock ones work? Though I can root if need be. I am looking at picking up a tablet this week. Just wondering which ones were confirmed to work. Thanks..

Jul 18, 2013 at 9:08 PM Post #859 of 1,676
Will this setup work with E07K?

USB Wall Charger --> MINI USB Interface for power source, and

3.5mm Line Input --> Macbook --> Line Output --> headphones

Ummm... it's weird. What about:

MAC » USB cable » Fiio E07K » Headphones

You can charge this thing listening to music through USB. your configuration might work though. It's just weird. What is the main reason for it?

Jul 18, 2013 at 10:21 PM Post #861 of 1,676
That's a reasonable reason. The battery life of this thing is pretty awesome. It can last two full days of use. You can usually use the Jack input and charge through USB if needed. You are not always gonna be using both ports. I have a Lenovo Yoga that only has two ports as well and I usually have no problems. Or you can use your solution.

Jul 18, 2013 at 10:34 PM Post #862 of 1,676
Yes, I have thought of that too.

So laptop --> USB cable for input --> FiiO E07K --> Headphones for output while charging.

Then iPhone 5 --> 3.5mm for input since FiiO LOD won't work with this phone --> FiiO E07K --> Headphones for output while on the go.

What's your thought on this?

Jul 18, 2013 at 10:51 PM Post #863 of 1,676
Yes, I have thought of that too.

So laptop --> USB cable for input --> FiiO E07K --> Headphones for output while charging.

Then iPhone 5 --> 3.5mm for input since FiiO LOD won't work with this phone --> FiiO E07K --> Headphones for output while on the go.

What's your thought on this?

This is the general layout most use(most use the LOD but since its not working for you since you have the iPhone 5 then its fine)

Using the E07K as an amp inputting the signal from the MBA and using it as a second amp for the iPhone would have more or less defeated the entire purpose of you buying the Andes.

Jul 18, 2013 at 11:02 PM Post #865 of 1,676
I'm sorry, but what do you actually mean?

The ANDES whole point of it being a good value is in its ability to act as a DAC, and headphone amplifier with its features at a great price.

Your original plan would have been to not use the DAC entirely. Meaning half the unit(the 'better' half) would have been un-used.

I know MBA has limited ports, but if you were going to use up more than 2 USB ports anyway, I figure you are thus already carrying stuff around

and if so, a USB hub the size of a flash drive thrown into your bag would work if you need more ports

Jul 18, 2013 at 11:24 PM Post #868 of 1,676
Through the USB.

By the way, good point with the hub Bowie. There's a tiny chance that he might need a powered USB hub in that case?

Depends on what he is doing. I personally use a 12 port powered USB hub with zone shutoff switches.

But considering the hubs generally being of low USB quantity(2-3 extra USB ports) and that its usually not going to be 4 things charging at the same time, it shouldn't be a problem.

Powered USB Hubs are generally for if you are plugging in lots of devices(who then charge and sync) and ESPECIALLY portable hard drives amongst some of the biggest power drawers. USB flash drives and a charging E07K shouldn't be a problem as a keyboard or mouse or keyboard wireless receiver shouldn't be as well.

Jul 18, 2013 at 11:32 PM Post #870 of 1,676
Ashade, thank you.

Hubs connected directly to the laptop could tend to under power the amplifier.

No it won't. All the hub is doing is providing power to the battery. The DAC and amp are relying on the battery that you are charging. For the ANDES, there is no such thing as under powering the Andes. If there is no power left in battery, it shuts down

There is also an option on ANDES and ALPEN to disable USB CHG. This will make the power draw of the ANDES EXTREMELY small.

USB Hubs are perfectly fine unless you are charging multiple phones and external portable hard drives.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back