[FiiO BTR7] Portable Bluetooth Amplifier, Color IPS display,High-performance DAC ES9219C*2,THX AAA-28*2 amps,3.5+4.4mm outputs,One-click “dongle” mode
Jan 29, 2024 at 6:41 AM Post #2,013 of 2,068
Is there any new firmware out soon to address the Bluetooth problem with MacBooks?
Last night I had booth usb ports used my MacBook Air M2 and wanted to listen to music so I tried the Bluetooth and the usual problem won't connect when it eventually connect it drops out straight away.
It try to connect to every device including next doors phone in the end I gave up.
I love the sound of the BTr-7 but this is the end of the road if there is no fix in the pipe line. I don't think I should have to do a reset to connect every time I use my laptop.For this reason I think I will let the BTR-7 go and move on to something more reliable it a shame.

Last edited:
Jan 29, 2024 at 8:30 PM Post #2,014 of 2,068
Is there any new firmware out soon to address the Bluetooth problem with MacBooks?
Last night I had booth usb ports used my MacBook Air M2 and wanted to listen to music so I tried the Bluetooth and the usual problem won't connect when it eventually connect it drops out straight away.
It try to connect to every device including next doors phone in the end I gave up.
I love the sound of the BTr-7 but this is the end of the road if there is no fix in the pipe line. I don't think I should have to do a reset to connect every time I use my laptop.For this reason I think I will let the BTR-7 go and move on to something more reliable it a shame.
Dear friend,

Do you mean that the BTR7 could connect to the other device correctly but not your Macbook? Please try to reset the BTR7 by clicking the power+volume- button at the same time then check again. And can your Macbook connect to other Bluetooth devices correctly?

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Jan 29, 2024 at 8:53 PM Post #2,015 of 2,068
Dear friend,

Do you mean that the BTR7 could connect to the other device correctly but not your Macbook? Please try to reset the BTR7 by clicking the power+volume- button at the same time then check again. And can your Macbook connect to other Bluetooth devices correctly?

Best regards
Thank you for your reply
It will connect to my iPhone via Bluetooth and Samsung tablet no problem but when I want to connect my MacBook Air via bluetooth it is a pain not a enjoyable experience.
If I press the reset + and - it connects if I switch off the Bluetooth on my phone then next time I want to connect I have to go through this again but only with my MacBook.
It looks for pairing with every device in range.
I love the sound and the feel of the BTR-7 but the bluetooth with my laptop is annoying and I use my headphones to relax.

Jan 29, 2024 at 8:57 PM Post #2,016 of 2,068
Thank you for your reply
It will connect to my iPhone via Bluetooth and Samsung tablet no problem but when I want to connect my MacBook Air via bluetooth it is a pain not a enjoyable experience.
If I press the reset + and - it connects if I switch off the Bluetooth on my phone then next time I want to connect I have to go through this again but only with my MacBook.
It looks for pairing with every device in range.
I love the sound and the feel of the BTR-7 but the bluetooth with my laptop is annoying and I use my headphones to relax.
I think they were asking if your MacBook Air is working fine with *other* Bluetooth devices, (especially non-Apple ones).

It’s part of the troubleshooting process - making sure that there isn’t a problem with the Bluetooth in the MacBook Air, especially since the BTR7 is working OK with your iPhone and Samsung tablet.

Jan 29, 2024 at 9:28 PM Post #2,017 of 2,068
I think they were asking if your MacBook Air is working fine with *other* Bluetooth devices, (especially non-Apple ones).

It’s part of the troubleshooting process - making sure that there isn’t a problem with the Bluetooth in the MacBook Air, especially since the BTR7 is working OK with your iPhone and Samsung tablet.
My MacBook connects no problem to other devices like my Audio pro bluetooth speaker just the BTR-7 I have to reset
I just want a device that works correctly ever time I switch it on.

Feb 6, 2024 at 2:23 PM Post #2,018 of 2,068
Does EQ work with BTR7 ? if so is there any significant drop in SQ when EQ'ing via AAC and iphone use? I had qudelix5k in the past but did not enjoy how it sounded over bluetooth.

Shanling promised to implement EQ on their portable bluetooth adapters long time ago and I'm loosing hope there...

Feb 7, 2024 at 2:14 AM Post #2,019 of 2,068
Does EQ work with BTR7 ? if so is there any significant drop in SQ when EQ'ing via AAC and iphone use? I had qudelix5k in the past but did not enjoy how it sounded over bluetooth.

Shanling promised to implement EQ on their portable bluetooth adapters long time ago and I'm loosing hope there...

EQ in BTR7 works great, also it has Parametric EQ if you need it. Last time the app kinda wrecked up, the PEQ often reset to default flat out of questions but with latest update seems to be OK for me.
I use EQ for some of my IEMs with BTR7 with LDAC connection, playing apple music lossless ALAC with great quality. Wired is better of course but differences are subtle if you nitpicking it

Feb 8, 2024 at 12:54 AM Post #2,020 of 2,068
EQ in BTR7 works great, also it has Parametric EQ if you need it. Last time the app kinda wrecked up, the PEQ often reset to default flat out of questions but with latest update seems to be OK for me.
I use EQ for some of my IEMs with BTR7 with LDAC connection, playing apple music lossless ALAC with great quality. Wired is better of course but differences are subtle if you nitpicking it
Just a little disclaimer on "wired" mode EQ support.

Feb 13, 2024 at 6:17 PM Post #2,021 of 2,068
I had gave up on the Btr-7 due to problems connecting to my Macbook air via bluetooth and was going to by some focal bathys,but after some excellent advice on here. I bought a creative bt-w5 usb to bluetooth.
My laptop now connects ever time with aptx hd or adaptive on the down side it cost me £49

Feb 19, 2024 at 2:19 PM Post #2,022 of 2,068
Just a quick comparison. DX220MAX, DX160 and BTR7 AAC & Wired with IER Z1R from 4.4mm balanced.

The DX220MAX is a beast. It has control, resolution, separation, and an impressive soundstage both in terms of width and depth.
In switching to the DX160 the power was there for quick strong bass, but the separation collapsed as did the soundstage.
In switching to the BTR7 in ACC, it was similar to the DX160. The separation wasn’t there and the sound stage was quite narrow.
Upon switching to the wired connection the soundstage widened to that of the DX220MAX and the separation was closer to that of the DX220MAX than that of the DX160. The control of the bass wasn’t as tight as that of the DX220MAX, or the DX160, but not a slouch either. The resolution came up a notch or two above the DX160. The soundstage depth was better than that of the DX160 but about half that of the DX220MAX.
All in all, I was really impressed that the BTR7 crushed the DX160 when wired and was holding its own when wireless. While it couldn’t hold up to the beast that is the DX220MAX, the fact that it was much closer to the DX220MAX and beating the DX160 in terms of sound quality was quite impressive.
The BTR7 is a great device! It’s got a great form factor and really performs well against other devices. It’s a beast in the ultraportable DAC/amp field.

Mar 4, 2024 at 7:01 AM Post #2,023 of 2,068
Hello FiiO - quite happy with the BTR7 question is not about it, but the FiiO music app. Too many threads about it: currently on v3.2 and still doesn't see (support) .dsf DSD files while all the other apps I use (HiBy, Neutron, UAPP...) recognise and play native DSD from .dsf files. Now, FiiO music being the companion app for the BTR7 I would like to use it - but stuck with this issue. Any perspective to support .dsf DSD music in the near future? Thanks

Mar 4, 2024 at 9:03 PM Post #2,024 of 2,068
Thank you for your reply
This happened on the BTR5 as well. My friend's iPhone 14 Pro would not recognize the BTR5 no matter what. We didn't try the BTR7.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back