FiiO BTR3-The World' First Bluetooth Headphone Amplifier, SBC/AAC/aptX/aptX LL/aptX HD/LDAC/HWA (LHDC)
Apr 19, 2020 at 3:54 AM Post #1,727 of 1,870
What chargers a safe to use with the BTR3, I'm assuming 5V only but what about amps?

5 V / 1 A
5 V / 2.1 A
5 V / 2.4 A
They are all safe to use with BTR3.

Apr 19, 2020 at 5:35 AM Post #1,729 of 1,870
What chargers a safe to use with the BTR3, I'm assuming 5V only but what about amps?

5 V / 1 A
5 V / 2.1 A
5 V / 2.4 A

Just a small tip: voltage is the one that determines if it's safe or not. If the voltage is too high for your device, it'll destroy it. If the amps is too small, it'll either not charge or just charge slower. If the amps is higher than what your device needs, it simply draws as many amps as you need.

Apr 19, 2020 at 7:54 AM Post #1,730 of 1,870
Just a small tip: voltage is the one that determines if it's safe or not. If the voltage is too high for your device, it'll destroy it. If the amps is too small, it'll either not charge or just charge slower. If the amps is higher than what your device needs, it simply draws as many amps as you need.
Thanks, I was 99% sure on this already, just checking.

Apr 19, 2020 at 8:43 AM Post #1,731 of 1,870

Actually, in the case of cheap charger that has no protection circuit (which often is the case on many low-amp-rating chargers), plugging in a device that required high current can cause the charger to overload, heating up and possibly burn-out. In worst case scenario, the charger can catch fire or explode.

Apr 19, 2020 at 5:54 PM Post #1,733 of 1,870
Actually, in the case of cheap charger that has no protection circuit (which often is the case on many low-amp-rating chargers), plugging in a device that required high current can cause the charger to overload, heating up and possibly burn-out. In worst case scenario, the charger can catch fire or explode.

Much rarer with USB-C chargers which include a resistor pull-up in the cable as part of the standard.

Of course, in that case, the onus is on the cable to have the proper resistor fitted. There's loads of crap cables out there which will fritz your devices if your charger is too high-powered, no matter how good it is.

Apr 19, 2020 at 6:53 PM Post #1,734 of 1,870
Much rarer with USB-C chargers which include a resistor pull-up in the cable as part of the standard.

Of course, in that case, the onus is on the cable to have the proper resistor fitted. There's loads of crap cables out there which will fritz your devices if your charger is too high-powered, no matter how good it is.
I would agree, I would have thought on this forum a certain basic understading of the market and how electricity works would include an understanding of cables, chargers and how they work. My error for an assumption misplaced. :)

Apr 19, 2020 at 9:45 PM Post #1,735 of 1,870
I would agree, I would have thought on this forum a certain basic understading of the market and how electricity works would include an understanding of cables, chargers and how they work. My error for an assumption misplaced. :)

Don't sweat it - in my days at uni, til around my 3rd year as an elec engineer student, electricity didn't make sense to me. :)

That being said, USB-C is a smorgasbord of implementations, all in the goal to achieve a single standard til kingdom come. Complicated enough as it is, and with these changes came a lot of early adoption grief. Hell, even USB-C audio in Android phones is a minefield to navigate!

Apr 22, 2020 at 11:57 AM Post #1,736 of 1,870
Hi guys and @FiiO

I'm not sure if anyone can help please. When using my BTR3 connected to my Samsung S8 and using the LDAC codec I've started to notice some distortion. I've had this combo for well over a year now and it has always been perfect until recently. I don't have another Android device to test so i'm not sure if this is something related to the phone or the BTR3. To be fair the performance of the S8 is pretty poor now, so could it be a processing power issue?

I have an iPhone and connecting the BTR3 to this using AAC I don't have the issue.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated, it has been a great little device!

Last edited:
Apr 22, 2020 at 9:47 PM Post #1,737 of 1,870
Hi guys and @FiiO

I'm not sure if anyone can help please. When using my BTR3 connected to my Samsung S8 and using the LDAC codec I've started to notice some distortion. I've had this combo for well over a year now and it has always been perfect until recently. I don't have another Android device to test so i'm not sure if this is something related to the phone or the BTR3. To be fair the performance of the S8 is pretty poor now, so could it be a processing power issue?

I have an iPhone and connecting the BTR3 to this using AAC I don't have the issue.

Hi,

Please try to clear the pairing record by holding the volume+&- button at the same time for about 5s then reconnect? Can you borrow another player/mobilephone support LDAC for check as well?

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Apr 23, 2020 at 6:20 AM Post #1,738 of 1,870
Hi,

Please try to clear the pairing record by holding the volume+&- button at the same time for about 5s then reconnect? Can you borrow another player/mobilephone support LDAC for check as well?

Best regards
Thank you Fiio, i'll give this a try. I'll also see if I can get hold of another Android device to test further. Kind regards!

Apr 23, 2020 at 10:36 AM Post #1,739 of 1,870
Thank you Fiio, i'll give this a try. I'll also see if I can get hold of another Android device to test further. Kind regards!

@FiiO. I tried your suggestion and and unfortunately it didn't help. However I was able to test the device with a Samsung S3 tab and the issue is not present. I guess this means it is something to do with the S8 handset rather than the BTR3. I'll continue to try and find a solution. Thanks!

Apr 27, 2020 at 12:36 PM Post #1,740 of 1,870
Hi guys and @FiiO

Go into Developer Options and lower the LDAC bitrate to 660 or even 330. I have a similar problem when using 990kbps when my smartwatch is connected to the smartphone too, but not at lower bitrates.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back