FiiO BTR3-The World' First Bluetooth Headphone Amplifier, SBC/AAC/aptX/aptX LL/aptX HD/LDAC/HWA (LHDC)
Sep 23, 2018 at 6:47 AM Post #437 of 1,870
If you can tell us your budget we can give you a better recommendation.

Hello Crabdog, thanks for the help, let's say maximum € 150.00 :)
The use I will make and listen to music while I go to work or while traveling, I have a trained and sensitive ear and all my music is in Flac format some albums also Flac Hd 24bit ... as a smartphone I have a Note 9 where I mount a 128gb microsd I put all my music :)

Sep 23, 2018 at 9:13 AM Post #439 of 1,870
I would suggest the Hifi Boy OS V3.

Thank you very much, I read some reviews about these headphones, I am very attracted and curious about how they play with my music and how they match with the BTR3.
But I have doubts about the attacks of headphones, I'm afraid that with the constant use of every day you can ruin, I've never had headphones with detachable cable just for this fear.
Another doubt is that in Italy I have no retailer to buy them, the only way is AliExpress with delivery in about 30 days, if I had problems I do not have a warranty or spare parts, given the economic investment I would like to be quiet.

I bought the Sennheiser M2IEG Momentum on Amazon years ago, they convinced me the excellent reviews they had, I must say that they did not disappoint me.
According to your expert opinion are bad headphones? Do they match badly with the BTR3 they fail to yield its characteristics?

Thank you so much for the precious help :)

Sep 23, 2018 at 9:52 AM Post #440 of 1,870
I bought the Sennheiser M2IEG Momentum on Amazon years ago, they convinced me the excellent reviews they had, I must say that they did not disappoint me.
According to your expert opinion are bad headphones? Do they match badly with the BTR3 they fail to yield its characteristics?
:)

Electronically they should be a fine match with your Sennheiser in ears.The remote may or may not work but otherwise a good match that should sound really fine. One key benefit of the BTR3 over other receivers is its 30 step independent volume control, which enables you far more precise volume control in concert with your source than most other BT receivers and that is important on IEMs.

The BTR3 should work very well with the vast majority of in ear headphones...and work poorly mostly with inefficient on and over ears like the Fostex T50rp and Sennheiser 650.

My advice would be if you like the Senns to try them first. You know how they sound on your current source, so you will be the best judge of what they lose...VERY little I would bet.

Your IEMs will determine 90% of the sound and 100% of the fit / comfort quality. The amp/Bluetooth adapter which will impact maybe 10% (barring any gross mismatch).... so I would not choose your earphones on the basis of matching your Bluetooth adapter....just be sure when you buy new ones that you choose from the vast majority of IEMs that will work great and that are not weird/unusual in their amp requirements.

Last edited:
Sep 23, 2018 at 10:16 AM Post #441 of 1,870
Thank you very much, I read some reviews about these headphones, I am very attracted and curious about how they play with my music and how they match with the BTR3.
But I have doubts about the attacks of headphones, I'm afraid that with the constant use of every day you can ruin, I've never had headphones with detachable cable just for this fear.
Another doubt is that in Italy I have no retailer to buy them, the only way is AliExpress with delivery in about 30 days, if I had problems I do not have a warranty or spare parts, given the economic investment I would like to be quiet.

Thank you so much for the precious help :)
I have not heard the Momentum but it has a good reputation and very positive reviews. If you want to buy something locally maybe you can see if there's a shop in your area that sells the iBasso IT01.

Sep 24, 2018 at 10:14 AM Post #443 of 1,870
Does this FiiO BTR3 will handle good Sennheiser HD 599 headphones with 50omhs ?
How long can run on battery with this headphones ?, I quess 11h is for earbuds with lower impedance.

FiiO please make that kind of Bluetooth receiver with much bigger battery, for example >500mAh.

I had Sennheiser HD 4.40 BT which work on Bluetooth 25 hours, but I return them to shop, no comfortable for me using at home, so now I want open-back headphones with BT.

Sep 24, 2018 at 12:03 PM Post #444 of 1,870
Does this FiiO BTR3 will handle good Sennheiser HD 599 headphones with 50omhs ?
How long can run on battery with this headphones ?, I quess 11h is for earbuds with lower impedance.

FiiO please make that kind of Bluetooth receiver with much bigger battery, for example >500mAh.

I had Sennheiser HD 4.40 BT which work on Bluetooth 25 hours, but I return them to shop, no comfortable for me using at home, so now I want open-back headphones with BT.

FiiO already has it. It's called the Q5.

Sep 24, 2018 at 6:14 PM Post #445 of 1,870
Too big, too expensive, I want stick this bluetooth receiver on headphones, and for 50ohms does this BTR3 not enough ?

Sennheiser HD 4.40 BT have built in that kind of Bluetooth DAC/receiver in one earcup and 25hours of battery life of one charge, and they sound perfect :).

Last edited:
Sep 24, 2018 at 10:11 PM Post #446 of 1,870
Too big, too expensive, I want stick this bluetooth receiver on headphones, and for 50ohms does this BTR3 not enough ?

Sennheiser HD 4.40 BT have built in that kind of Bluetooth DAC/receiver in one earcup and 25hours of battery life of one charge, and they sound perfect :).

I had it on my 80ohm dt770 pro... It wasn't very loud and seemed to sound unstable at Max volume

Sep 24, 2018 at 10:37 PM Post #447 of 1,870
I had it on my 80 ohm dt770 pro... It wasn't very loud and seemed to sound unstable at Max volume

The 80 Ohm DT770 Pro have a sensitivity of 96dB... PeterMac's 50 Ohm HD599 have a much higher sensitivity of 106dB. So the HD599 should get a lot louder....be a better match. The BTR3 is so new that I think it is unlikely anyone with the HD599 has tried the combo but the reviews say the Senns can be driven well with most smart phones.

So...if Peter wants to play at very high volumes and expects 25 hours of battery life...that will not happen. I see no reason why it would not be a good combination with good fidelity if expectations are realistic. The HD599 are very easy to drive and 50 Ohms is not that high...but like you said with the DT770s....it may not get VERY loud.

Last edited:
Sep 25, 2018 at 3:19 AM Post #448 of 1,870
Hi FiiO, I recently purchased through my official store on AliExpress my BTR3 and I can not wait to receive it because I know it will take from 7 to 14 days because in Italy still no dealer had available.

I have read that a new Firmware - v0912 update is available for the BTR3, but going to download the firmware there are other updates before this! My question is you need to install the old firmware first of the one just released by you recommended ?? Sorry for my english but I'm not native speaker help me with a translator :)
Dear friend,

You could update the latest firmware version directly. Don't need to update the older one first.

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Sep 25, 2018 at 9:11 AM Post #449 of 1,870
Will I be able to drive my Audio Technica ATH EQ500's with the uBTR, or will I need the BTR3? I know uBTR doesn't have AptX HD but was wondering if it'll have a lot of the hiss etc, they are really light weight headphones that I love, even though lots of sound leakage etc, its super comfortable..

Got the following specs off the AT japanese site and used google translate

Driver = φ 28 mm
Output sound pressure level = 103 dB / mW
Playback frequency band = 16 to 24,000 Hz
Maximum input = 40 mW
Impedance = 20 Ω

Sep 25, 2018 at 10:04 AM Post #450 of 1,870
Will I be able to drive my Audio Technica ATH EQ500's with the uBTR, or will I need the BTR3? I know uBTR doesn't have AptX HD but was wondering if it'll have a lot of the hiss etc, they are really light weight headphones that I love, even though lots of sound leakage etc, its super comfortable..

Got the following specs off the AT japanese site and used google translate

Driver = φ 28 mm
Output sound pressure level = 103 dB / mW
Playback frequency band = 16 to 24,000 Hz
Maximum input = 40 mW
Impedance = 20 Ω

It seems to me that the µBTR would be a good match for that earphone, both in impedance and cost. If you have extra money for the BTR3, I'd upgrade my earphones, first.

At 103 dB/mW, I don't think hiss should be much of an issue. I have 112 dB/mW earphones that don't exhibit hiss with the µBTR, though my hearing may be less sensitive to it than yours. Also, I use an iPhone, so my experience is with AAC, which isn't too different in quality from aptX HD.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back