[FiiO BTR15/BTR5 2021/BTR5]Bluetooth DAC and Headphone Amplifier Discussion & Impressions Thread
Feb 11, 2020 at 7:12 PM Post #887 of 3,647
Now that I'm home things should be much better.
I'm fully enjoying the BTR5 with 2.5 Tripowin cables for my TRMS 4 Pros. Super wide sound stage. Like I'm with the guys on stage. Zonie 16 Core.
Waiting for the break of day.
Very good separation.
Tired of lying in the sunshine.

Last edited:
Feb 11, 2020 at 7:41 PM Post #888 of 3,647
Thanks for the reply. Do you know a good EQ for Android that will work for both local files and streaming apps?

No idea, sorry. I have an Sony Xperia and it already has Sony own EQ system built into the smartphone.

Feb 11, 2020 at 10:31 PM Post #889 of 3,647
Has anyone used this in there car, by plugging into the AUX cable of there sound system? Currently have a parrot system, which unfortunately doesn't have any of the top BT codecs, such as AAC.
Yes it works great in my car through the AUX input. My car only allows 1 BT connection and I play music from my M11 to the BTR5 to eliminate a cable.

Feb 12, 2020 at 12:00 AM Post #890 of 3,647
I use my BTR5 with my LG v30 phone. I set the LDAC rate to 990 in developer settings. Is there anyway to actually confirm that this is the setting being used by the BTR5?

Feb 12, 2020 at 2:56 AM Post #891 of 3,647
Curious...is the 3.5mm slot a little "soft" for anyone else? In other words, there is typically a satisfying "click" when inserting the cable into a 3.5mm jack, but in this case, there is no click and it's simply a firm, but soft, push.

Feb 12, 2020 at 3:42 AM Post #892 of 3,647
how would the Fiio BTR 5 compare to something like ibasso dc01 dongle to use with a galaxy note 10, in terms of sound quality performance only, to use with iems only

Feb 12, 2020 at 5:58 AM Post #893 of 3,647
Probably a stupid question, I apologise in advance, but I am confused since I have seen people doing this:

Can this thing drive an HD6XX? I guess not, but, I was wondering if anyone tried it, thanks!!!

Easily, especially if using balanced cable.

Feb 12, 2020 at 6:32 AM Post #894 of 3,647
Im tempted to get one, but at the same time im thinking...

This is only a couple of bottons, and a MicroSD card slot from a pumped up M5, wouldnt it be a better device ?

Feb 12, 2020 at 8:15 AM Post #895 of 3,647
Im tempted to get one, but at the same time im thinking...

This is only a couple of bottons, and a MicroSD card slot from a pumped up M5, wouldnt it be a better device ?

What microSD slot? This sounds better than a "Pumped up M11" or Hiby R5 or Dragonfly DAC/AMP IMO let alone an M5.

The main point is most of us have a decent phone with plenty of storage these days and UI/screen/speed better than any DAP.

With Android phones & LDAC BT 660/990kbps sound quality is approaching quality of wired so why have another bulky device. iPhones not so good with BT but latest do have aptxHD. Plus can also connect wired for full bit-perfect playback.

In my case I have an excellent 512GB Samsung S10+ with a 512GB mSD so vast amounts of storage for my own files and offline streaming music files.

PS. If you didn't twig from my first line the BTR5 or BTR3 or ES100 type devices have no internal or mSD storage at all. They are BT/wired DAC/AMPS with volume & playback controls.

Last edited:
Feb 12, 2020 at 11:00 AM Post #896 of 3,647
What microSD slot? This sounds better than a "Pumped up M11" or Hiby R5 or Dragonfly DAC/AMP IMO let alone an M5.

The main point is most of us have a decent phone with plenty of storage these days and UI/screen/speed better than any DAP.

With Android phones & LDAC BT 660/990kbps sound quality is approaching quality of wired so why have another bulky device. iPhones not so good with BT but latest do have aptxHD. Plus can also connect wired for full bit-perfect playback.

In my case I have an excellent 512GB Samsung S10+ with a 512GB mSD so vast amounts of storage for my own files and offline streaming music files.

PS. If you didn't twig from my first line the BTR5 or BTR3 or ES100 type devices have no internal or mSD storage at all. They are BT/wired DAC/AMPS with volume & playback controls.

This ^

Feb 12, 2020 at 1:49 PM Post #898 of 3,647
When using the 3.5mm jack, is there a "click" when you insert or is it kinda soft/mushy? Mine works, but I want to make sure it's not defective.

Like in any other 3.5mm jack, a click as end locks into place, not mushy, but not totally clear what your asking.

Feb 12, 2020 at 2:20 PM Post #899 of 3,647
Like in any other 3.5mm jack, a click as end locks into place, not mushy, but not totally clear what your asking.
On my unit, there is no click when the ends are in place (tried numerous 3.5mm male ends), it's just kind of slides in and out with no click securing it. It works and it's not loose, but it's also not clicked into place. I was wondering if it's just my unit or a common manufacturing issue.

Feb 12, 2020 at 3:13 PM Post #900 of 3,647
On my unit, there is no click when the ends are in place (tried numerous 3.5mm male ends), it's just kind of slides in and out with no click securing it. It works and it's not loose, but it's also not clicked into place. I was wondering if it's just my unit or a common manufacturing issue.

My 3.5 clicks in also and is pretty tight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back