Fiio amps?
Sep 14, 2008 at 2:37 AM Post #586 of 877
I am currently listening to some Paul Hardcastle on my NW-HD5 using this setup:

Sony NW-HD5 (through line out) > FiiO E3 > Radio Shack Inline Volume Control > Sony MDR-NC60 Headphones (with NC on - 40 ohms)

Loud as screw! A great power boost from that weak 5mW phones out.
L3000.gif

I actually use the volume control to attenuate the volume, I never heard this much volume from any of my 5 mW per channel Sony DAP's or MD Walkmen until trying this setup, the E3 actually works better with tis setup than it does through the phones out (5 mW), at or comparable output (maybe not the same SQ) as the $160.00 Corda Headsix, and at only $8.00 for the line attenuator and $15.00 for the E3 definitely the best bargain (again maybe not SQ) any Head-Fi'er could use.

Sep 14, 2008 at 5:23 AM Post #587 of 877
I'm pretty much set on fiio's. It looks like they will work great with Koss ksc75's at 60 ohm impedance. I do have to pick up a rechargeable nimh and charger. I've settled on either duracell or sanyo eneloop rechargeables. Recommend me a quality charger for these batteries, and I'll run out and finally purchase the fiio.

Sep 14, 2008 at 6:29 AM Post #589 of 877
is fiio is made by the same company that manufactures meizu?

Sep 14, 2008 at 7:16 AM Post #590 of 877
fiio2.jpg

Sep 14, 2008 at 8:50 AM Post #592 of 877
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Junesequa /img/forum/go_quote.gif
is fiio is made by the same company that manufactures meizu?

No. FiiO is a new company started last year. Before that, they used to be an OEM company which manufactures accessories for others, IIRC.

Sep 14, 2008 at 8:33 PM Post #595 of 877
Quote:

Originally Posted by portaprostud /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The fiio is not as great of a bargain as I thought. With a decent battery and quality charger, you add another $25. So, total cost of a fiio with battery and charger is $35, not $8.

But I already have a charger, and lots and lots of rechargeable batteries for the Wiimote so those $8 are just that.

Even so, you can get a decent battery and charger for much less than that.

So yeah, it's a bargain.

Sep 14, 2008 at 9:00 PM Post #596 of 877
I have a charger but it's so low quality, I do not trust it. My old rechargeables are all used up, so I have to buy new ones anyway. Never had aaa rechargeables.

For me, about $35 with quality rechargeables and charger. Much less with low quality batteries, but several on this board advise against it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kirtar /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Right, but if you use rechargeable batteries, you likely already have a charger, so the cost is more of $13-17 with a couple extra batteries, possibly even LSD ones :>.

Sep 14, 2008 at 9:06 PM Post #597 of 877
Quote:

I have a charger but it's so low quality, I do not trust it. My old rechargeables are all used up, so I have to buy new ones anyway. Never had aaa rechargeables.

For me, about $35 with quality rechargeables and charger. Much less with low quality batteries, but several on this board advise against it.

Buy a Wii
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 14, 2008 at 9:38 PM Post #598 of 877
Quote:

I'm pretty much set on fiio's. It looks like they will work great with Koss ksc75's at 60 ohm impedance. I do have to pick up a rechargeable nimh and charger. I've settled on either duracell or sanyo eneloop rechargeables. Recommend me a quality charger for these batteries, and I'll run out and finally purchase the fiio.

Why not buy a FiiO P3 Charger for those batteries it will also charge your player

Sep 14, 2008 at 11:21 PM Post #599 of 877
I got a wall charger at RadioShack for $2.99 and found some rechargeable Rayovacs at Wal-Mart for less than five bucks, so it's not as bad as $35.

Also, the FiiO really helps the sound of the Sansa c240, as well. I found one on clearance at the above said Wal-Mart on the cheap.

All the best,
Brad

Users who are viewing this thread

Back