Fiio amps?
Sep 9, 2008 at 7:33 PM Post #571 of 877
Quote:

Originally Posted by Keithpgdrb /img/forum/go_quote.gif
this is true, but it is irritating when you get an email of a forum update on an amp, and you read about noodles. not calling you out, just wish you noodle people would head to the General discussions thread. it would get more attention there anyway.

You're right..we just got a little carried away.
redface.gif

Sep 9, 2008 at 11:22 PM Post #575 of 877
Quote:

Originally Posted by chinesekiwi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
DealExtreme is an offical retailer I think..not sure, anyway I'm sure they buy in bulk thus cheaper for them and you.

Sorry to deflate the balloon but DealExtreme are not official retailers for FiiO. They buy from a Chinese reseller on Mainland China.
FiiO have an official retailer in Hong Kong "Vanni Ltd."

Sep 9, 2008 at 11:25 PM Post #576 of 877
Quote:

Originally Posted by geob /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sorry to deflate the balloon but DealExtreme are not official retailers for FiiO. They buy from a Chinese reseller on Mainland China.
FiiO have an official retailer in Hong Kong "Vanni Ltd."

Perhaps what I meant to say was "international reseller"? Unless Vanni Ltd. ships across internationally as well..in which case I stand corrected
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 10, 2008 at 2:31 AM Post #577 of 877
I'm still pissed that they won't have the amp until a day after I move....PITA. Anyhow, I just built a simple IC for the FiiO....Neutrik plugs (gifted to me by Pavel-Fallenangel
smily_headphones1.gif
), heatshrink and some spare Canare Starquad. Found out that I don't really like the Neutrik plugs, as I had to drill the opening to 1/4" to fit the Starquad. The finish also seems to be easily scratched, and due to the smaller size of it, there's very little room to work with. I can now see why Switchcraft commands such a high price for their minis. Will be attached to an attenuator.

dsc023702933904nd3.jpg

More pics in the DIY Cable thread here

Brendan

Sep 10, 2008 at 11:26 PM Post #580 of 877
My tinfoil hat experiment seems to have been successful, although I'll keep it on for a few more days. I got countless beeps on Monday, and today I only heard two very faint ones. I've mailed FiiO about the issue, so maybe their engineers can include some sort of shielding in future designs. Unfortunately my camera is out of batteries but i simply wrapped it in about two layers of tinfoil. My FiiO looks like a chocolate bar now.

Sep 11, 2008 at 1:13 AM Post #581 of 877
Quote:

Originally Posted by mape00 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My tinfoil hat experiment seems to have been successful, although I'll keep it on for a few more days. I got countless beeps on Monday, and today I only heard two very faint ones. I've mailed FiiO about the issue, so maybe their engineers can include some sort of shielding in future designs. Unfortunately my camera is out of batteries but i simply wrapped it in about two layers of tinfoil. My FiiO looks like a chocolate bar now.

The New E5 has a metal case and will be supplied with a shielded cable.

Sep 11, 2008 at 2:24 AM Post #582 of 877
Jeez, can it make coffee too??
smile.gif
I hope it won't cost a fortune.

Edit: I just received the same answer geob gave from James Zhong at FiiO. They would also increase the power supply rejection ratio. I can't judge their engineering skills, but those people are amazingly service minded.

Sep 13, 2008 at 5:05 PM Post #585 of 877
Quote:

Originally Posted by exphy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I didn't expect much when I ordered these, but they absolutely rock with my iPod LOD and im716

I was just thinking the same thing. I'm currently listening to Sansa Clip > FiiO > ER-6i, and thinking about how pleased I am with the bass boost. I was just thinking that this combo would sound really great with my iM716.

It doesn't really compare to my iBasso D2, but I wasn't expecting it to.

Best $8.50 I ever spent on audio equipment!
beerchug.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back