Fiio amps?
Aug 13, 2008 at 5:42 PM Post #346 of 877
Aug 13, 2008 at 9:39 PM Post #350 of 877
Quote:

Originally Posted by ajmiarka /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Don't...the world will implode!
L3000.gif

It has been rumored that a worm hole will open and you will be dragged straight into a black hole with a high chance of hitting the Tardas traveling in the other direction.
Then again Just don't
eek.gif

Aug 13, 2008 at 11:05 PM Post #351 of 877
Quote:

Originally Posted by geob /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It has been rumored that a worm hole will open and you will be dragged straight into a black hole with a high chance of hitting the Tardas traveling in the other direction.
Then again Just don't
eek.gif

Did this hardcore Oakland Raiders' fan just hear you mention the words "Black Hole"?

Forget the Tardas, it's the Raiders' defense that will be hitting you from the other direction, don't mess with The Almighty Silver And Black, they are coming after you this year... and they mean business :lol:

Aug 14, 2008 at 1:32 AM Post #352 of 877
Quote:

Originally Posted by yeahx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So if I cant afford anything else should I get one of these and a Shure Level Attenuator to try with my HD555s?

I have hd555s and a fiio and there is no hiss. Sound-wise, the added bass helps. However I feel like there is a slight loss of clarity in the mids and slightly less sparkle in the already soft highs of the hd555. Aside from the volume boost, the unamped hd555 to the hd555 + amp is more of a lateral move than an upgrade in SQ, but for $8.50, why not. You might like alternating unamped and amped for different applications. That's what I do.

I do like the fiio on my d1001s. At first it bloated up the bass, dirtying up the mids a bit, but that was because the headphones were brand new. Bass is much tighter now after ~100 hours of pink noise + ~75 hours of music. Fiio is always attached to them now for use on my portable.

Aug 14, 2008 at 1:51 AM Post #354 of 877
Well at the going rate of the FiiO don't expect too big a payoff. :^)

Aug 14, 2008 at 3:22 AM Post #356 of 877
Quote:

Originally Posted by Akathisia /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think I was joking?

So was I? :^)

Aug 14, 2008 at 4:57 AM Post #358 of 877
Quote:

Originally Posted by Akathisia /img/forum/go_quote.gif
:p

:

Aug 14, 2008 at 5:54 AM Post #359 of 877
Thanks googan, Im probably going to skip the FiiO and get a Caffeine Ultra even though it might be over kill and not many were too convincing on the thread where I asked about it. I figure it will be good for the future and could be fun to try with the junk HD570s I have laying around.

Aug 14, 2008 at 6:18 AM Post #360 of 877
Quote:

Originally Posted by yeahx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks googan, Im probably going to skip the FiiO and get a Caffeine Ultra even though it might be over kill and not many were too convincing on the thread where I asked about it. I figure it will be good for the future and could be fun to try with the junk HD570s I have laying around.

With the 8397 it should drive them pretty good and if you don't like it you can gut it and fill the tin with mints.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back