FIGHT THE BEATS HYPE (Ultrasone HFI-580/HFI 580 appreciation thread)
Jan 26, 2013 at 10:40 AM Post #601 of 685
when were discontinued? the 1m cable version just came out so it would silly stop making them so soon after going through that r&d

a quick search says nothing about the history being discontinued, or anything About a new monster headphone.

Jan 26, 2013 at 12:01 PM Post #602 of 685
Quote:
when were discontinued? the 1m cable version just came out so it would silly stop making them so soon after going through that r&d

a quick search says nothing about the history being discontinued, or anything About a new monster headphone.

Sorry mean the Beats... No idea about the Ultrasones

Feb 11, 2013 at 12:19 PM Post #604 of 685
Can anyone tell me if the warranty on these requires buying from an authorised retailer? I've had problems with this in the past with Shure. Ordered a set of 580s from Amazon UK (not sold by Amazon but fulfilled by Amazon) yesterday and it suddenly occurred to me. I'm wondering if my warranty will be valid or not.

Also, how long does the warranty last? I can't find any information at all about it on ultrasone.com.

Cheers.

Feb 26, 2013 at 8:45 PM Post #607 of 685
Just got my 580's... so far im loving them and at about 30 hours in the bass is amazing. Mids are extremely recessed however, and I don't feel anything wrong with the highs. Also I feel that s logic is pretty over hyped and doesn't affect the music much at all.

also I definitely would not call them uncomfortable. unless you have incredibly sensitive ears or are a wuss in general you won't run into any problems.
they're not great for gaming, the positioning is a little off and sometimes feels... wrong.
Overall, definitely worth $120, especially if you listen to rap like I do. these really make the music come to life.

Mar 17, 2013 at 7:46 PM Post #608 of 685
Out of curiosity- What have you guys done to solve the problems with the cable?
I ended up braiding mine, but it's still awfully heavy. I kind of want to just recable them mysef...

Why did Amazon have to send me the old version
mad.gif
These things would be perfect for me if the cable was just shorter and lighter.
Ultrasone also could have made it removable... Honestly I can't think of a reason not to give a headphone removable cables, but I'm sure there are a few.

Anyways, just looking for suggestions on what to do. I'm not sure if I could just cut about 7 feet off of the cord and reconnect it, or if there is anything else I could do.

Mar 21, 2013 at 3:09 PM Post #609 of 685
The long cable bothered me at first, but after a while it is hard to not have a longer cable.
It is just so useful sometimes. In the situation where it is not useful, I just bundle up the part I don't need and clip it to something so it isn't weighing down the cans.

Making it detachable adds production line and material costs. Plus it is just one more thing to break. There really isn't a reason to use detachable. It is a cheap headphone; the people who want to swap out the cables are more than likely to have passed this up.

You could cut and reconnect, but that, of course, makes it significantly weaker and introduces a likely breaking point of the cable.

Mar 24, 2013 at 2:56 AM Post #612 of 685
Just got my 580's... so far im loving them and at about 30 hours in the bass is amazing. Mids are extremely recessed however, and I don't feel anything wrong with the highs. Also I feel that s logic is pretty over hyped and doesn't affect the music much at all.

also I definitely would not call them uncomfortable. unless you have incredibly sensitive ears or are a wuss in general you won't run into any problems.
they're not great for gaming, the positioning is a little off and sometimes feels... wrong.
Overall, definitely worth $120, especially if you listen to rap like I do. these really make the music come to life.

I've had these headphones for little under a year now and while I do like them, they get uncomfortable after wearing them for a couple of hours, prior to that there are no problems. It's because the upper half of the driver is covered by some kind of shield which is constantly pressing on parts of my upper ears but mainly on the cartilage near the middle.

Can you honestly say that after a couple of hours these headphones are still very comfortable?

Mar 24, 2013 at 12:40 PM Post #613 of 685
I just bought some brainwavz hm5 pads and am about to get a hd600 headband for them.

I can wear tem for about 2-3 hours before I feel like I want to take them off. Hopefully the pads and headband will make those a more comftorablw 2-3 hours and let me wear them longer than that. It's pretty cheap too, like 30 bucks total. Definitely worth it, ill post impressions here when I have everything on.

Apr 18, 2013 at 8:34 AM Post #615 of 685
Hey I have hfi-550 clones by alienware and I was thinking about trying some other pads to add comfort..  would the brainwavs hm5 pads be the best for that?  I see a lot of people also recommend the shure 840 pads.. would those be a good choice?  Also are the fischer fa-003 pads the same as the brainwavs hm5?
edit: bit the bullet and ordered hm5 pads from mp4nation for $17.  Hope they fit

Users who are viewing this thread

Back