FIGHT THE BEATS HYPE (Ultrasone HFI-580/HFI 580 appreciation thread)
Dec 23, 2012 at 4:50 AM Post #571 of 685
If people are only presented with on product they will only know one product.  All the major audiophile brands lack a serious presence in the markets.  I'm sure that Sennheiser or Ultrasone dumping millions into marketing would benefit them wonderfully.  Keep in mind most people outside of here shop at Best Buy for their headphones.  They certainly have expanded, but Beats still get the nice stand.  All other companies take second place. 

This is less an endorsement, and more of an advertising issue. 

Dec 23, 2012 at 9:05 AM Post #572 of 685
Quote:
If people are only presented with on product they will only know one product.  All the major audiophile brands lack a serious presence in the markets.  I'm sure that Sennheiser or Ultrasone dumping millions into marketing would benefit them wonderfully.  Keep in mind most people outside of here shop at Best Buy for their headphones.  They certainly have expanded, but Beats still get the nice stand.  All other companies take second place. 

This is less an endorsement, and more of an advertising issue. 

Exactly. Not once in my life have I ever seen an audio technica, ultrasone, AKG, beyerdynamic, shure, etc. commercial (I want to say I've seen a sennheiser one, but im not sure) and at places like best buy the only brands they sell are skullcandy, beats, monster, koss, sennheiser, and sony. If they had a pair of ultrasones available to listen to right next to the beats, People could be exposed to that kind of audiophile sound that beats dont have.

Sennheisers are the closest to high end headphones they have available to audition, and none of the top of the line models are available. The best buy I was most recently at had the HD280, and I think the HD595. Sennheisers in general also usually arent very bassy, which is what most consumers look for.

Dec 23, 2012 at 12:33 PM Post #573 of 685
Dude Ive said this already. Most people don't care if the sones sound better. They go to the beats and get the beats, just to get the beats. Sound is not a priority for them (most of the time). Also some people torrent their music or copy it from youtube and the quality is sooo bad but it sounds "great" with beats but not so much with other better headphones on display.
Beats try to apoeal to a younger demographic. Kids who get them to look cool and think they have "swag".

Dec 23, 2012 at 12:39 PM Post #574 of 685
Exactly. Of course the occasional listener buys Beats because they actually want great SQ, but it's a niche market and Monster would be dumb to put money into it instead of coolness, or for companies like Senn to put money into television advertising.

Dec 23, 2012 at 12:48 PM Post #575 of 685
I can think of about 9 friends of the top of my head that own beats. Yesterdat I was talking to one of them and said I was planning on buying a pair of IEM's, before i finished my sentence he blurterd "better get some beats" and I told him that I had found a pair that sounded better than beats and he told me that nothing sounded better than beats. I said why do you think beats are so good? and he told me "they're just the best." So at least in my case people actually think Beats sound the best.

Jan 4, 2013 at 10:23 PM Post #577 of 685
Hey guys how is this compared with V-moda M100 in terms of bass and clarity? I've been eyeing on the 580's/DJ1 for months then the M100 came and i liked the looks compared to 580/DJ1. So, can you help me guys? 
atsmile.gif

Jan 5, 2013 at 12:39 AM Post #578 of 685
Hey guys how is this compared with V-moda M100 in terms of bass and clarity? I've been eyeing on the 580's/DJ1 for months then the M100 came and i liked the looks compared to 580/DJ1. So, can you help me guys? :atsmile:

Well, now you are in the Ultrasone Pro 900 price range in comparison to the M100s, which supposedly has incredible bass and clarity (I have not heard them).

Jan 5, 2013 at 3:51 AM Post #579 of 685
Owned the 580s for almost 2 years now. Still kicking ass with just a small dent in the metallic shell. Often times ran over the cords with the chair, but it's still going strong. Really wish they came with cable management (cable seems too long) or detachable cable (like the Beats) though...

Jan 5, 2013 at 11:41 AM Post #580 of 685
Really wish they came with cable management (cable seems too long) or detachable cable (like the Beats) though...

They are coming with the smaller cable + extension like the 780s now. Some vendors might have old stock that doesn't, so anyone buying should check.

Jan 5, 2013 at 1:16 PM Post #581 of 685
Quote:
Dude Ive said this already. Most people don't care if the sones sound better. They go to the beats and get the beats, just to get the beats. Sound is not a priority for them (most of the time). Also some people torrent their music or copy it from youtube and the quality is sooo bad but it sounds "great" with beats but not so much with other better headphones on display.
Beats try to apoeal to a younger demographic. Kids who get them to look cool and think they have "swag".

Most people are really really stupid. And if they weren't any stupid people, then it would be hard to control people. Anyways if all younger people would read books, listen to normal music ( no POP, or RAP), we would end up being type 1 civilization (not that I believe in types of civilization theory) .

Jan 6, 2013 at 4:29 PM Post #583 of 685
Quote:
Most people are really really stupid. And if they weren't any stupid people, then it would be hard to control people. Anyways if all younger people would read books, listen to normal music ( no POP, or RAP), we would end up being type 1 civilization (not that I believe in types of civilization theory) .

Ok I understand rap, but why the hate on pop?

Michael Jackson sounds great through my HE-6 in FLACa and so do many other pop songs...

Put the blame on the Beats not the music...

Jan 6, 2013 at 4:30 PM Post #584 of 685
Quote:
I can think of about 9 friends of the top of my head that own beats. Yesterdat I was talking to one of them and said I was planning on buying a pair of IEM's, before i finished my sentence he blurterd "better get some beats" and I told him that I had found a pair that sounded better than beats and he told me that nothing sounded better than beats. I said why do you think beats are so good? and he told me "they're just the best." So at least in my case people actually think Beats sound the best.

Yeah that is the case 90% of the time... unless people wanna get educated about this, they wont accept it no matter how apparent the truth... cause Beats are well Beats...

Jan 6, 2013 at 8:13 PM Post #585 of 685
Quote:

I'm sure that's what the last generation said about us.  "If it wasn't for that rock music we'd all have flying cars by now.  Confound Sony with their new fancy tech "walkman.""  I doubt civilization has much to do with music.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back