FIGHT THE BEATS HYPE (Ultrasone HFI-580/HFI 580 appreciation thread)
Mar 2, 2011 at 1:26 AM Post #196 of 685

Quote:
I am interested in the Ultrasone's but is the cable user replaceable?  I want to swap it out for one with an iPod remote.....

negative sir

Mar 2, 2011 at 2:28 AM Post #197 of 685
I just ordered my pair and I'm reading mixed reviews about the comfort of the Ultra's. There's several reports on Amazon about it being too tight on the jaws and reading through these posts, it seems that it may have been justified. I myself wear glasses and am a bit worried on the pressure... Does anyone have any input on the tightness/comfort of the headphones?

Mar 2, 2011 at 2:32 AM Post #198 of 685
Mar 2, 2011 at 10:56 AM Post #200 of 685

Quote:
Also alot more expensive!

not really, the model that match the HFI series form the PRO series are about on par.

Mar 2, 2011 at 11:38 AM Post #201 of 685
I've had mine for two months now, and I absolutely love them!  Definitely recommend them.  
o2smile.gif

Mar 2, 2011 at 1:58 PM Post #202 of 685
I just ordered my pair and I'm reading mixed reviews about the comfort of the Ultra's. There's several reports on Amazon about it being too tight on the jaws and reading through these posts, it seems that it may have been justified. I myself wear glasses and am a bit worried on the pressure... Does anyone have any input on the tightness/comfort of the headphones?

They clamp hard for the first few days, but they loosen after a week. Don't try to excessively weaken the clamp with bending- what clamp you have left is necessary for isolation and proper fit.

Mar 2, 2011 at 2:05 PM Post #203 of 685

Quote:
Quote:

They clamp hard for the first few days, but they loosen after a week. Don't try to excessively weaken the clamp with bending- what clamp you have left is necessary for isolation and proper fit.

this, none of that thretching it over books carp.

Mar 5, 2011 at 7:36 PM Post #205 of 685
Is there any HFI-580 fans who found a pair of IEMs that has a soundstage like the HFI-580? I got a pair of DJ-1 which from what i understand is the same as the HFI-580 and i would love to have  apair of good isolated IEMs that sound the same:p

Mar 5, 2011 at 8:21 PM Post #206 of 685

Quote:
Is there any HFI-580 fans who found a pair of IEMs that has a soundstage like the HFI-580? I got a pair of DJ-1 which from what i understand is the same as the HFI-580 and i would love to have  apair of good isolated IEMs that sound the same:p

sennheiser ie6-8 apperently.

Mar 6, 2011 at 12:18 AM Post #207 of 685
I just bought a pair from overstock for 139.99 plus 4% cash back and I can't wait to get my hands on them :) Chose these over the m50's and I just returned my Monster Turbines because they sucked (right side defective as well).. can't wait I'm sure these headphones are decent enough to keep me satisfied. I wonder how they are for gaming.

Mar 6, 2011 at 11:41 AM Post #210 of 685

Quote:
I have MTPG. They are MUCH warmer than the HFI 580. They have powerful bass of course and the highs are very detailed. They can be EQed to sound similar with my Cowon. I'm not so sure about the regular Turbines though.

I got a Cowon S9, but MTPG is a bit to expensive for me i don't think im willing to reach over 150euro.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back