FIDUE A83 impressions and discussion thread
Feb 19, 2015 at 7:07 PM Post #1,292 of 3,064
  The Shure cable actually worked. I inserted the A83 with a much nicer angle and a deeper insertion, resulting in improved isolation. Note that I usually use large tips with my IEMs, and my ML Spiral Dots are shorter than the stock large silicon tips in height. So far, only barrel-shaped IEMs work with the double flanged tips, and I'll have to adjust the memory wire of the stock cable while the A83 is in my ear due to my angled ear canals.

I do notice a change in sound, but that is the benefit of a proper seal more than any other factor. More noticeable changes occur in noisy areas where the proper seal actually has to isolate outside noise.

Which Shure cable did you go with? Amazon has separate listings for one up through SE535 (EAC64CL) verus SE846 (EAC64CLS).

Thanks.

Feb 19, 2015 at 8:09 PM Post #1,293 of 3,064
  Which Shure cable did you go with? Amazon has separate listings for one up through SE535 (EAC64CL) verus SE846 (EAC64CLS).

Thanks.

I went with the SE535 cable (EAC64L) black color cable. I'm not sure about the difference between the two other then the SE846 cable made for Shure's current flagship IEM, although it seems to use MMCX connectors as well.

Feb 20, 2015 at 12:33 AM Post #1,294 of 3,064
  I went with the SE535 cable (EAC64L) black color cable. I'm not sure about the difference between the two other then the SE846 cable made for Shure's current flagship IEM, although it seems to use MMCX connectors as well.

Thanks, SyntheticShotz. Glad you found the Shure cable without pin to allow a different insertion angle and seal. I'm still tip rolling but may give that a try as well.

Feb 22, 2015 at 5:56 PM Post #1,298 of 3,064
Hello, Trying to get the Spiral Dot tips (EP-FX9M-B) to use with the A83, just tried amazon.jp but they won't deliver to Ireland

Is there any other store where I can get them?

Also, has anyone experienced fit problems with these tips??

Thanks

Feb 22, 2015 at 6:19 PM Post #1,300 of 3,064
I got my Spiral Dot Tips off of EBay. The ML size fits me if I get a deeper insertion with another cable, but isolation is not as good as tips like Comply foam tips. Although I probably need the large tips for a better seal. Note that the Spiral Dots are more shallow compared to other tips.

Feb 22, 2015 at 7:10 PM Post #1,301 of 3,064
I got my Spiral Dot Tips off of EBay. The ML size fits me if I get a deeper insertion with another cable, but isolation is not as good as tips like Comply foam tips. Although I probably need the large tips for a better seal. Note that the Spiral Dots are more shallow compared to other tips.

I got mine from Japan via eBay.  I think the shortness of the tips prevents me (even using the Large ones) from getting a good seal with the Fidues.  I had the same issue with the Sony tips.  Comply and Radio Shack tips work perfectly.  

Feb 23, 2015 at 4:39 AM Post #1,303 of 3,064
  so what the next step IEM after these?

The next step is to leave Head-fi, never return, terminate all Paypal and online credit card accounts and live life. (that's the realisation and frame of mind I'm in today)

But if we must go on....

I believe Tralucent 1Plus2 would be the next logical step for me - its triple the price of A83 (about $1000+) / (just my opinion from what I've heard) Some others think SE846 is a nice step up, another I'm testing soon is ASG-2 which I've heard before, but this time going for ownership. We will see as its a completely different signature.

Feb 23, 2015 at 6:01 AM Post #1,304 of 3,064
  so what the next step IEM after these?

I haven't actually found it yet.  Have found a few I like equally as well - but nothing so far that stands out as "better".  Hoping (for my sanity's sake) that will change when I get my Adel U6.

Feb 23, 2015 at 12:25 PM Post #1,305 of 3,064

The next step is to leave Head-fi, never return, terminate all Paypal and online credit card accounts and live life. (that's the realisation and frame of mind I'm in today)

But if we must go on....

I believe Tralucent 1Plus2 would be the next logical step for me - its triple the price of A83 (about $1000+) / (just my opinion from what I've heard) Some others think SE846 is a nice step up, another I'm testing soon is ASG-2 which I've heard before, but this time going for ownership. We will see as its a completely different signature.

I like the terminate all Paypal and credit cards thing...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back