FIDUE A83 impressions and discussion thread
Feb 12, 2015 at 10:28 PM Post #1,276 of 3,064
Just got my a83 replaced. Original one had a faulty mmcx connector on the right side. Then got some comply tips and spiral dot tips to match my new not faulty a83. 

And im so happy with the spiral dot tips. I used to like the complys but they seem to take a little too much off the highs and reduces the soundstage (altho has better lows and better isolation). Had i not followed this thread, i would have never known about the spiral dot tips. absolutely love them.

Anyway, just wanted to ask for recommendation for a good DAP to match the a83. Looking for a reasonably priced one (below $200) and must have a screen. Anyone got any ideas? 

Feb 13, 2015 at 12:01 AM Post #1,277 of 3,064
  The Shure cable won't have the pin that prevents the cable from rotating on the earpiece. The Fidue cable has a pin, so the cable stays solidly where it is.  This may matter to you, or not.  
smile.gif

I'll be testing this to see if the Shure cable allows me to have a better fit instead of using very larger eartips (my ML size JVC tips start to feel pretty small now and the seal is not as good).

On the matter of eartips, has anyone tried the SpinFit eartips on the A83s? Would like to hear peoples' experiences with them.

Feb 13, 2015 at 12:52 AM Post #1,278 of 3,064
Where do you obtain the SpinFits? There have been references to thewm on jaben but couldn't locate for online purchase.

Also. I'm really enjoying my MEElectrics A151 large single flanges on the A83. A bit pricey ($2 / pair) but best seal and tightest bass I've had, with minimal attenuation of other frequencies.

http://www.meelec.com/category_s/391.htm

Feb 13, 2015 at 1:22 AM Post #1,279 of 3,064
I'll be testing this to see if the Shure cable allows me to have a better fit instead of using very larger eartips (my ML size JVC tips start to feel pretty small now and the seal is not as good).

On the matter of eartips, has anyone tried the SpinFit eartips on the A83s? Would like to hear peoples' experiences with them.

I have 2 pairs of spinfit tips. Works brilliantly with my altones200 but does not go well with the a83. The problem is that the spinfit tips are meant for deep insertion and the a83 is a shallow fit kinda iem. I couldnt get a decent seal with the spinfit tips, so dont waste your money on it unless you want to use it on other pairs of iems.

Feb 13, 2015 at 8:59 AM Post #1,280 of 3,064
Same problem I had with the Sonys and the Spiral Dots.  Couldn't get a good seal.  Sounded great if I put my fingers against the A83 earpieces and pressed gently.  Not feasible for use, though.  

Feb 13, 2015 at 11:59 AM Post #1,281 of 3,064
  Where do you obtain the SpinFits? There have been references to thewm on jaben but couldn't locate for online purchase.

Also. I'm really enjoying my MEElectrics A151 large single flanges on the A83. A bit pricey ($2 / pair) but best seal and tightest bass I've had, with minimal attenuation of other frequencies.

http://www.meelec.com/category_s/391.htm

I just googled Spin Fit Ear Tips and found Jaben's website somewhere near the third result selling for around $12-$13 USD (RM 50.00). The website's slogan is "The Little Headphone Store," although I don't know if they ship to the States (it is a Malaysian store). I had a MEElectronics S6P a long time ago, but I kept the case and all the larger size tips, including the bi/tri flanged tips.

I have 2 pairs of spinfit tips. Works brilliantly with my altones200 but does not go well with the a83. The problem is that the spinfit tips are meant for deep insertion and the a83 is a shallow fit kinda iem. I couldnt get a decent seal with the spinfit tips, so dont waste your money on it unless you want to use it on other pairs of iems.

Same problem I had with the Sonys and the Spiral Dots.  Couldn't get a good seal.  Sounded great if I put my fingers against the A83 earpieces and pressed gently.  Not feasible for use, though.  

Thanks for both of your experiences. I'll wait for my Shure cable to see if the swivel actually helps with me get a better angle to insert the IEM into my ears.

Edit: Shure's are coming within two days.

Feb 19, 2015 at 12:12 AM Post #1,282 of 3,064
  Thanks for both of your experiences. I'll wait for my Shure cable to see if the swivel actually helps with me get a better angle to insert the IEM into my ears.

Edit: Shure's are coming within two days.

Lemme know how that goes cuz I just got my Fidue A83s. I'd like to know if it has any impact. I'm doubtful in my case though, I think I just have smaller ears. I really like the cable quality of the stock cable though, it's very well made. I just tried to do some twisting of the memory wire to change angle.

Feb 19, 2015 at 12:54 PM Post #1,283 of 3,064
Question for all owners of Spiral Dot tips

In amazon Japan the page show the three sizes I was aware of S, M and L, but now also shows MS and ML size

Anyone knows the difference? What MS and ML stand for?

Thanks

http://www.amazon.co.jp/EP-FX9M-B-%E4%BA%A4%E6%8F%9B%E7%94%A8%E3%82%A4%E3%83%A4%E3%83%BC%E3%83%94%E3%83%BC%E3%82%B9-%E3%82%B9%E3%83%91%E3%82%A4%E3%83%A9%E3%83%AB%E3%83%89%E3%83%83%E3%83%88-6%E5%80%8B%E5%85%A5%E3%82%8A-M%E3%82%B5%E3%82%A4%E3%82%BA/dp/B00JSLXNOC/ref=pd_sim_e_6?ie=UTF8&refRID=0031RHRT5MQHPFS8AE1Y

Feb 19, 2015 at 2:39 PM Post #1,284 of 3,064
MS and ML stand in between the S, M and L ranges, with MS between S and M, while ML between M and L. If you find M too small and L too large, then ML will likely fit you. Same goes with MS, if you find M too big and S too small. I purchased the ML tips, but it is still a bit too big for me. Perhaps they should make MML size for my ears. :D

Feb 19, 2015 at 4:02 PM Post #1,285 of 3,064
  Lemme know how that goes cuz I just got my Fidue A83s. I'd like to know if it has any impact. I'm doubtful in my case though, I think I just have smaller ears. I really like the cable quality of the stock cable though, it's very well made. I just tried to do some twisting of the memory wire to change angle.

The Shure cable actually worked. I inserted the A83 with a much nicer angle and a deeper insertion, resulting in improved isolation. Note that I usually use large tips with my IEMs, and my ML Spiral Dots are shorter than the stock large silicon tips in height. So far, only barrel-shaped IEMs work with the double flanged tips, and I'll have to adjust the memory wire of the stock cable while the A83 is in my ear due to my angled ear canals. 

I do notice a change in sound, but that is the benefit of a proper seal more than any other factor. More noticeable changes occur in noisy areas where the proper seal actually has to isolate outside noise.

Feb 19, 2015 at 4:13 PM Post #1,286 of 3,064
Yep - the other plus for me is that the Shure cable is a bit less microphonic

Feb 19, 2015 at 4:18 PM Post #1,287 of 3,064
  The Shure cable actually worked. I inserted the A83 with a much nicer angle and a deeper insertion, resulting in improved isolation. Note that I usually use large tips with my IEMs, and my ML Spiral Dots are shorter than the stock large silicon tips in height. So far, only barrel-shaped IEMs work with the double flanged tips, and I'll have to adjust the memory wire of the stock cable while the A83 is in my ear due to my angled ear canals. 

I do notice a change in sound, but that is the benefit of a proper seal more than any other factor. More noticeable changes occur in noisy areas where the proper seal actually has to isolate outside noise.

Yeah, the double flanges didn't work well for me either, only worked for me on Meelectronics M11+, the only straight barrel IEM i have, everything after has been over-ear. I just did a little wiggling though and it doesn't seem to help me. I don't think the swivel will help in my case. I did try out the foam tips that came with it though and those provide fantastic seal for me, but foam is just less convenient than silicon.

Feb 19, 2015 at 4:57 PM Post #1,288 of 3,064
MS and ML stand in between the S, M and L ranges, with MS between S and M, while ML between M and L. If you find M too small and L too large, then ML will likely fit you. Same goes with MS, if you find M too big and S too small. I purchased the ML tips, but it is still a bit too big for me. Perhaps they should make MML size for my ears.
biggrin.gif

Thanks. Crazy they provide that level of sizes.

Is there any multiple sizes pack available?? I usually go for Medium size tips, but it will be a pain in the @$$ if they don't fit properly and then have order another size.

Feb 19, 2015 at 5:01 PM Post #1,289 of 3,064
  Yeah, the double flanges didn't work well for me either, only worked for me on Meelectronics M11+, the only straight barrel IEM i have, everything after has been over-ear. I just did a little wiggling though and it doesn't seem to help me. I don't think the swivel will help in my case. I did try out the foam tips that came with it though and those provide fantastic seal for me, but foam is just less convenient than silicon.

In my experience, foam tips provide an excellent fit and seal that eliminates my need for the deeper seal, and my Comply foams don't seem any less convenient than silicon until you have to start replacing them. However, I simply disliked the sound of the Complys and had a weird first impression with the A83 because I used the Complys first. The 64-inch Shure cable provides a reasonable length for home use, while the angled connector makes them better with portable use if I have enough of the cable tucked in my pocket, behind the Fiio X1.

Although ear canal sizes might not matter compared to ear canal angles (I can adjust sizes to smaller or larger depending on insertion depth) for the swivel. I guess the tab was included for fear that the IEMs might move around too easily with the stock cable (my Shure has a easy,but smooth twisting action with my MCMMX connector).

Feb 19, 2015 at 5:43 PM Post #1,290 of 3,064
  In my experience, foam tips provide an excellent fit and seal that eliminates my need for the deeper seal, and my Comply foams don't seem any less convenient than silicon until you have to start replacing them. However, I simply disliked the sound of the Complys and had a weird first impression with the A83 because I used the Complys first. The 64-inch Shure cable provides a reasonable length for home use, while the angled connector makes them better with portable use if I have enough of the cable tucked in my pocket, behind the Fiio X1.

Although ear canal sizes might not matter compared to ear canal angles (I can adjust sizes to smaller or larger depending on insertion depth) for the swivel. I guess the tab was included for fear that the IEMs might move around too easily with the stock cable (my Shure has a easy,but smooth twisting action with my MCMMX connector).

The foam's inconvenient for me because I often take them out and put them back in as necessary depending if I have to hear more or less of the outside world. They totally eliminate the need for a deeper fit, but due to how often I put them in and take them out, it's annoying to have to compress the foam every time to let it expand in your ear. With silicon, you just shove it in and that's that. It's much quicker and more convenient though the isolation quality is lower.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back