FIDUE A83 impressions and discussion thread
Feb 23, 2015 at 2:59 PM Post #1,306 of 3,064
I got my Spiral Dot Tips off of EBay. The ML size fits me if I get a deeper insertion with another cable, but isolation is not as good as tips like Comply foam tips. Although I probably need the large tips for a better seal. Note that the Spiral Dots are more shallow compared to other tips.

I also tried ML spiral dots with adequate but not stellar results. However, I received a pair in Large from Dopaminer and that additional size permits a nice external canal seal and the best bass, detail and overall musicality I've experienced with my A83's. I pretty much fell in mad love with the Fidue's all over again after using those tips...I'm not cheap but I guess I am easy.
gs1000.gif

Feb 24, 2015 at 4:54 AM Post #1,307 of 3,064
I don't understand the fuss with Spiral Dot tips, they don't provide my magic sauce, they seem to dull the presentation like smoothing over the mid-range, taking away the "B" for bite in tabasco sauce.  They do look nice though and feel comfortable.

If they do work for others though, I'm all for that. 
smile.gif

Feb 24, 2015 at 12:43 PM Post #1,308 of 3,064
The Spiral Dots arrived this AM and am trying them out right now.  I've been using comply T400 mediums on my A83s.  I got the spiral dot mediums, and I think they are slightly too small for me, but once they are seated properly, well, they are wonderful.  My one complaint about the complys is that, although they fit and isolate very well, I felt the sound was a bit dull and muddied at times.  Not always, but often.  A small sample of music with the dots seem to indicate that the clarity and detail that I was missing with the complys, is all there.  I really like the improvement.  I've just ordered some ML sized dots that I hope will give me a bit better isolation.

Feb 24, 2015 at 8:17 PM Post #1,309 of 3,064
  I don't understand the fuss with Spiral Dot tips, they don't provide my magic sauce, they seem to dull the presentation like smoothing over the mid-range, taking away the "B" for bite in tabasco sauce.  They do look nice though and feel comfortable.

If they do work for others though, I'm all for that. 
smile.gif

I'm currently using the Spiral Dots mainly because one of my Fidue stock silicon tips has a broken stem (which gets the tip stuck inside my ear). Although I'm liking the Spiral Dots, I'm still looking for some tips to add to my collection for future use.

Also, I'd like to ask of the tips you used on your A83 review were Ostry tips or tips from the RHA MA750?

Feb 24, 2015 at 8:24 PM Post #1,310 of 3,064
  I'm currently using the Spiral Dots mainly because one of my Fidue stock silicon tips has a broken stem (which gets the tip stuck inside my ear). Although I'm liking the Spiral Dots, I'm still looking for some tips to add to my collection for future use.

Also, I'd like to ask of the tips you used on your A83 review were Ostry tips or tips from the RHA MA750?

Fit-wise Spiral Dots help A83 a lot, if it were a case of needing a great seal and fitment only on A83 they do that job very well for me.

The tips used on my review are what Head-Fi calls "Heir Tips" which is simply a name they picked up due to a company called Heir who used to included them with their IEM packages. They require a very shallow fit on the outer edge of your canal. 

http://www.lunashops.com/search.php?encode=YTo0OntzOjg6ImtleXdvcmRzIjtzOjk6InRmMTAgdGlwcyI7czoxOiJ4IjtzOjE6IjAiO3M6MToieSI7czoxOiIwIjtzOjE4OiJzZWFyY2hfZW5jb2RlX3RpbWUiO2k6MTQyNDgyNzM3MTt9

There are eBay sellers who have the same thing under different names. 

Feb 24, 2015 at 8:35 PM Post #1,311 of 3,064
Best I've found are the Sony Isolation tips - IE their hybrid tips with the foam inners.  I'm still using my original 6 month old pair that came with a pair of Sony IEMs I once had.  Unfortunately they're difficult to get at a reasonable price outside Japan - unless you buy a pair of Sony IEMs which have them included.

I'm trying now to get some sent over.

Feb 24, 2015 at 8:45 PM Post #1,312 of 3,064

Fit-wise Spiral Dots help A83 a lot, if it were a case of needing a great seal and fitment only on A83 they do that job very well for me.

The tips used on my review are what Head-Fi calls "Heir Tips" which is simply a name they picked up due to a company called Heir who used to included them with their IEM packages. They require a very shallow fit on the outer edge of your canal. 

http://www.lunashops.com/search.php?encode=YTo0OntzOjg6ImtleXdvcmRzIjtzOjk6InRmMTAgdGlwcyI7czoxOiJ4IjtzOjE6IjAiO3M6MToieSI7czoxOiIwIjtzOjE4OiJzZWFyY2hfZW5jb2RlX3RpbWUiO2k6MTQyNDgyNzM3MTt9

There are eBay sellers who have the same thing under different names. 

If you like the tips, I might pick them up from the link you provided since I only found one ebay seller charging 10 USD.
I've also heard of Heir Audio when a tech youtuber reviewed their IEM 8.0s (nothing compared to a good Head-fi review, lol).

Feb 25, 2015 at 3:23 AM Post #1,313 of 3,064
  If you like the tips, I might pick them up from the link you provided since I only found one ebay seller charging 10 USD.
I've also heard of Heir Audio when a tech youtuber reviewed their IEM 8.0s (nothing compared to a good Head-fi review, lol).

Sure thing, give them a try, they're quite a light seal overall, maybe not one that can be used for extensive movement, I use them laying down. It really depends on your ear geometry and fitting. For the price they're worth trying and having around. They seem to create a nice amount of air and help push out detail in the upper mid-range with most IEM.

Feb 25, 2015 at 5:06 PM Post #1,314 of 3,064
Hello, all!  I recently bought these about three weeks ago.  I am certainly enjoying them...not quite what I was initially looking for, but once I did away with my expectations, I ended up enjoying them for what they offer.  I've mainly keep them at work connected to a Fiio E17 since this is the bulk of my daily use.  I do treat them like a baby considering they're $300.
etysmile.gif

Not sure if this is the right place to ask my question, or maybe I need to make a new thread?  Please direct me.  If I move my head up and down in a slow nod, I can catch the audio cutting out at a specific spot only on the right earphone.  I bought these through Amazon (ProStudio Sound & Music).  Anyone else experience anything similar, especially if you bought from ProStudio?

Feb 25, 2015 at 5:28 PM Post #1,315 of 3,064
  Hello, all!  I recently bought these about three weeks ago.  I am certainly enjoying them...not quite what I was initially looking for, but once I did away with my expectations, I ended up enjoying them for what they offer.  I've mainly keep them at work connected to a Fiio E17 since this is the bulk of my daily use.  I do treat them like a baby considering they're $300.
etysmile.gif

Not sure if this is the right place to ask my question, or maybe I need to make a new thread?  Please direct me.  If I move my head up and down in a slow nod, I can catch the audio cutting out at a specific spot only on the right earphone.  I bought these through Amazon (ProStudio Sound & Music).  Anyone else experience anything similar, especially if you bought from ProStudio?

Same thing on my first pair (also from Amazon/Prostudio), only on the left side.  Seems like this happened to several other people as reported here, and it is likely an issue with the cable connector.  I immediately returned my first set to Amazon and got a replacement set which has been perfect.  If I remember, I chose a different seller the second time.

Feb 25, 2015 at 6:10 PM Post #1,316 of 3,064
It seems to be an issue with the MMCX connector. Either contact the seller first, or even try Fidue.  It is a known issue, and they are actually producing fixed cable A83 (non-removable) now as well.  I had an isue with my first pair, and Fidue replaced them immediately.  Good service.  Alternative is to get another cable (I actually use a standard Shure SE able on mine now).  But talk to the vendor first.

Feb 25, 2015 at 6:36 PM Post #1,317 of 3,064
I see.  Glad to hear Fidue's on it!

I couldn't find a contact info (email or #) for ProStudio...seems like they defer everything to Amazon unless your message is an invoice request or a thank you note.  In chatting with Amazon, they've recommended I just do a return-for-refund and re-purchase if I still want them.  Definitely enjoying these so I hope not to lose out on them!

Thanks ya'll. 
biggrin.gif

Feb 25, 2015 at 7:47 PM Post #1,318 of 3,064
etysmile.gif

Same with my fidue. With the stock cable, there has been audio cutting whenever i bob my head around from side to side. When i used the cable from my FX850, the problem disappeared. Hoping to try another cable so that I don't prematurely damage the FX850 cable i have. Cannot send them back from my location here in KSA because i don't have my original receipt with me. Any places where i can avail of other MMCX cables?

Feb 26, 2015 at 1:23 AM Post #1,319 of 3,064
Couple of questions guys. Have the fidue a83 been known to have a few bad cables with a channel cutting once in a blue moon? Also what's the proper way to remove the cable from the iem if I want to inspect the surface/connection?

I just got a hold of a used set but been having a channel for a quick second either go lower in vol or cut and come back. I'm trying to troubleshoot it.

Feb 26, 2015 at 1:34 AM Post #1,320 of 3,064
Yep - for me it was the cable.  I got a replacement, and fixed it right up.  Other alternative is to try a different cable.  I'm using the Shure SE series standard cable - simply because it's a little less microphonic. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back