FIDUE A83 impressions and discussion thread
Jul 10, 2015 at 4:53 AM Post #1,981 of 3,064

Fidue A83 with Lotoo PAW 5000

Too much treble, Treble head dream :) All of the rest is balanced and detailed almost perfect. But treble is too much for me.

Jul 10, 2015 at 6:16 AM Post #1,982 of 3,064
  Replacement Linum BaX cable came in today and it's phenomenal.  Works perfectly for what I wanted.  Very little change in the sound, so little I couldn't even describe it if I tried, and it's just so thin and light you can barely tell you're wearing headphones.

The original cable just always felt like it was pulling on the buds...this one definitely doesn't.  I am not sure it's worth the cost...but since I love the A83's sound so much, I'd do just about anything to fix the comfort issues I had.  And really...in this hobby, what's 100 bucks?  :)

It's alot :p

Jul 10, 2015 at 8:29 AM Post #1,983 of 3,064

Fidue A83 with Lotoo PAW 5000

Too much treble, Treble head dream :) All of the rest is balanced and detailed almost perfect. But treble is too much for me.

Did you purchase Lotoo PAW 5000? 
smile.gif
 And its only this player you find A83 treble too much? 

The original cable just always felt like it was pulling on the buds...this one definitely doesn't.  I am not sure it's worth the cost...but since I love the A83's sound so much, I'd do just about anything to fix the comfort issues I had.  And really...in this hobby, what's 100 bucks?  :)

$100 dollars in Head-fi currency is equivalent to one single "Mc Head-Fi french fry".

Just a faint leaf blowing in the wind.

For the comfort relief its brought you, not to mention it should last a long time this makes the cable worth it. However, I can not say I'm a huge fan of the thickness. Feels like dealing with fishing line and it became tangled for me easily. YMMV. 

Jul 10, 2015 at 8:35 AM Post #1,984 of 3,064

Did you purchase Lotoo PAW 5000? 
smile.gif
 And its only this player you find A83 treble too much? 

No, I joined a Turkey tour of Lotoo PAW 5000 for test.

I just have A83 and because of that I didn't had any chance to test other DAPs

In near future plan, QLS QA360 and maybe HM901

Jul 10, 2015 at 8:44 AM Post #1,985 of 3,064
  No, I joined a Turkey tour of Lotoo PAW 5000 for test.

I just have A83 and because of that I didn't had any chance to test other DAPs

In near future plan, QLS QA360 and maybe HM901

I assume apart from the treble emphasis it would sound pretty amazing, yes? 

Get a good grasp how A83 can perform. 

Best of you all you can try PAW 5000 without buying, the true gain in expanding experience.

Jul 10, 2015 at 11:23 AM Post #1,987 of 3,064
  For the comfort relief its brought you, not to mention it should last a long time this makes the cable worth it. However, I can not say I'm a huge fan of the thickness. Feels like dealing with fishing line and it became tangled for me easily. YMMV. 

Haha, about the Fry.  As for the fishing line comment, that is really my only complaint.  Just listening to the X5II w/ the cable connected makes it coil up if the line isn't taught.  I haven't had issues w/ tangles at all as it coils and uncoils like the promo video they posted (amazingly).  I really wish the stock cable didn't have any covering or memory wire about the Y split...but alas, the perfect earphone still hasn't been created!

Jul 10, 2015 at 12:16 PM Post #1,988 of 3,064
Haha, about the Fry.  As for the fishing line comment, that is really my only complaint.  Just listening to the X5II w/ the cable connected makes it coil up if the line isn't taught.  I haven't had issues w/ tangles at all as it coils and uncoils like the promo video they posted (amazingly).  I really wish the stock cable didn't have any covering or memory wire about the Y split...but alas, the perfect earphone still hasn't been created!

My time with the cable was limited, I just remember unravelling it for a good few minutes while trying to get Earwerkz Supra to a usable state.

I think Hisoundfi cut the memory wire off his stock A83 cable? I remember reading something.. (maybe?)

Jul 10, 2015 at 12:22 PM Post #1,990 of 3,064
Yes sir, the memory wire on mine drove me nuts so I carefully removed the wire and sheathing and replaced it with earhooks. It's one of the better fitting IEMs I have after this modification.

The entire wire above the Y split is covered w/ something.  Did you remove that the entire length or just the part where the wire was (the black part)?  I feel like the entire wire is too stiff above the split and I can't wear ear hooks due to my glasses.

Jul 10, 2015 at 12:26 PM Post #1,991 of 3,064
The entire wire above the Y split is covered w/ something.  Did you remove that the entire length or just the part where the wire was (the black part)?  I feel like the entire wire is too stiff above the split and I can't wear ear hooks due to my glasses.
It's nothing more than a pliable metal wire with heat shrink tubing. I left the clear sheathing on and carefully removed the black heat shrink tubing with a toenail clippers and pliers, being careful not to cut into the rest of the wire.

Jul 10, 2015 at 12:29 PM Post #1,992 of 3,064
It's nothing more than a pliable metal wire with heat shrink tubing. I left the clear sheathing on and carefully removed the black heat shrink tubing with a toenail clippers and pliers, being careful not to cut into the rest of the wire.

Gotcha.  So when you were done with that, do you absolutely need ear hooks for them, or can they wrap around your ear fairly well?  Keep in mind, the newer versions have the chin slider which the old ones don't from what I'm reading.  Not sure what version you've got.

I'd contemplate doing it if I know I'm keeping the headphones.  LOL.  Def won't until the return window is passed. 

Jul 10, 2015 at 12:31 PM Post #1,993 of 3,064
Gotcha.  So when you were done with that, do you absolutely need ear hooks for them, or can they wrap around your ear fairly well?  Keep in mind, the newer versions have the chin slider which the old ones don't from what I'm reading.  Not sure what version you've got.

I'd contemplate doing it if I know I'm keeping the headphones.  LOL.  Def won't until the return window is passed. 
I use the earhooks because the cable is stiff and it doesn't wrap around the ear conveniently if I don't use earhooks. Plus, with the earhooks I don't need the chin slider, as mine didn't come with a chin slider

Jul 10, 2015 at 12:46 PM Post #1,995 of 3,064
Lucky me I didn't have the tangle experience of the bax cable. It was well looped when I got it and I always do my best to store my stuff untangled. The cable cinch helps a little with that as well, this cable would certainly be a mess without it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back