FIDUE A83 impressions and discussion thread
Jul 7, 2015 at 3:22 AM Post #1,951 of 3,064
Some Fidue A83 models especially before 2015 builds have cable-slot related cut off problems.

Do you have a chance to check your cable or change?

Jul 7, 2015 at 11:40 AM Post #1,955 of 3,064
The sounds gets staticy or cuts out completely on the right side. And this happens because of dynamic drivers building up too much pressure or something like that.

I read this here on head-fi as a thread. Thought that may be the problem that im having

Driver flex is caused by air pressure build up inside the IEM housing. (usually most notable on insertion)

When you insert an IEM into your ear canal you must form an air tight seal. As you insert the IEM air rushes out your canal down the IEM nozzle then inside the housing. if the air has nowhere to escape (for example a port on the housing or side of your canal) it then pushes the driver inwards. This causes the driver to 'flex' past its normal operating threshold and inturn you will usually hear a crinkling noise like alfoil being crumbled and possibly loss of sound temporarily.

Driver becomes locked at the inward position - can no longer move freely -----> 

The easiest way to solve this problem is by prevention. By lifting your ear when inserting the IEM you widen the canal - the IEM tip can then enter in free space without forcing air down the IEM nozzle. Once the IEM is inserted you then release your ear - the canal closes and you have an air tight / driver flex free seal.

You should practice this all the time whenever inserting an IEM. Driver flex can be avoided with correct insertion.

For example. "I must" lift my ear for an IEM tip to become comfortable, its like second nature to me. 

Jul 7, 2015 at 11:44 AM Post #1,956 of 3,064
Is anyone experiencing driver flex with the a83?

What you described was a faulty cable connection rather than driver flex. The A83 has quite good porting, so driver flex shouldn't be an issue.

Jul 7, 2015 at 2:08 PM Post #1,959 of 3,064
I ordered the Linum BaX Dual Twist cable for my A83s...I really really cannot stand wearing memory wire headphones.  And I love these things so damn much I'd pay a significant amount of money to upgrade the cable to something more comfortable and by all accounts these things are ridiculously comfortable and don't change the sound from the stock, admittedly awesome quality, A83 cable.

http://www.linum.dk/linum-bax/

Jul 7, 2015 at 2:17 PM Post #1,960 of 3,064
  I ordered the Linum BaX Dual Twist cable for my A83s...I really really cannot stand wearing memory wire headphones.  And I love these things so damn much I'd pay a significant amount of money to upgrade the cable to something more comfortable and by all accounts these things are ridiculously comfortable and don't change the sound from the stock, admittedly awesome quality, A83 cable.

I have the 2-pin version in my Supra 2. It's a really nice cable. I was concerned with how thin it was, but boy it feels strong. There's a little bit of memory character to it but it's an overall great cable. And the plug is super low profile, smallest I've seen.

Jul 7, 2015 at 2:22 PM Post #1,961 of 3,064

How has affected the sound character?

Jul 7, 2015 at 2:22 PM Post #1,962 of 3,064

I have the 2-pin version in my Supra 2. It's a really nice cable. I was concerned with how thin it was, but boy it feels strong. There's a little bit of memory character to it but it's an overall great cable. And the plug is super low profile, smallest I've seen.

Great to hear.  Not so worried about the memory character as they sit draped over a headphone stand most of the time.  Thinness and weight make up for a little memory character.

Jul 7, 2015 at 2:26 PM Post #1,963 of 3,064
  How has affected the sound character?

See twister6's review/comparison below.  Not much to be said about sound differences...which is what I'm looking for.  I love the sound already so I just want a comfort fix.

Fidue A83 Stock silver-plated vs Linum BAX

In A83 with Linum vs Stock - the improvement was down to minimum, mostly in soundstage width and airiness.

Overall, as you can see the results varied between different IEMs depending on their included stock cables.  A83 result shouldn't be a surprise since Fidue included a very high quality stock cable, but Westone and UE stock OFC cables are obviously not at the top of their game and improvements were more noticeable.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back