FIDUE A83 impressions and discussion thread
Jul 6, 2015 at 11:31 AM Post #1,936 of 3,064
These things are REALLY impressing me.  Listened to them nearly all night last night, w/ a few switches back to my beloved GR07BE and the recently received DN1000s.  The fit and finish of the whole package is really impressive.  Sure you don't get as many tips as you do with either the VSonics or the Dunus, but the stock tips fit fine and the bigger version of the stock tips fit even better, so I don't have to worry about futzing around going forward.

I've gotten used to the memory wire and it's still not a preference because of my glasses, but it's okay.  Sometimes we sacrifice a bit of comfort for the sound.  And wow these things sound great.  It was pretty much exactly what I was looking for from a bass standpoint.  With the GR07BEs being a bit bass light and the DNKs being a bit bass heavy, these things slot right in the middle.  The midrange appears to be a bit more forward and the treble extends a bit further.  The latter part being my only slight complaint about the A83s.  A touch of simblance on older recordings or lower bit rate songs.  The GR07BEs were a bit like this too up until they hit about 100 hours of play time so hopefully this calms down a bit as I go.

I still would like to get a cable without memory wire, but my search has turned up no real alternatives outside of Shure branded cables (I hate mixing brands, lol).  I'd like to get something that is braided similarly as the A83 (because I love the look at feel of it) but minus the memory wire.  You guys mentioned that some people have removed it from the A83s cable but I just can't see how that can be done without damaging it (this would be idea if anyone has pictures of how they did it, I'd give it a try).

Anyway, thanks to everyone here for the help w/ recommending these things...they truly are a fantastic IEM at a pretty good price.  By far the most expensive I've bought, but I realized a few weeks ago that I prefer IEMs for my every day listening, so I sold my Oppo PM-3s and bought the Dunus and the Fidues to see which I wanted to stick with.  Looking like the Fidues are taking that competition handily. 

Jul 6, 2015 at 12:38 PM Post #1,937 of 3,064
To anyone trying to replace the stock cable with the UE900s, here's a warning call. They may technically both be MMCX, but they dont fit. The Fidues cavity is much deeper than the metal male part of the UE900 cable. It might be possible to cut out the plastic black housing at the tip of the UE900 cable and try a force-fit, but I havent tried that yet. I dont know if I am missing something obvious here. I have a photograph to show you what I am talking about, but dont have the account status to be able to share it.

Has anyone actually managed to connect a cable with in-line mic to the Fidue A83? I seem to have lost USD 50 here (due to what I thought was a theoretical sure-shot). 

Jul 6, 2015 at 1:09 PM Post #1,940 of 3,064
Jul 6, 2015 at 1:16 PM Post #1,941 of 3,064
Sibilance? Try Spiral Dot tips.

wink.gif

Which size would be similar to the larger silicone that come w/ the A83s?  Large I assume...but sometimes sizing is different across manufacturers.  The Largest tips with the Fidues are not nearly as big as some others I've seen.

Jul 6, 2015 at 3:33 PM Post #1,942 of 3,064
Large, most likely.

I don't own the A83 yet. But the Spiral Dots fixed a number of issues I had with the ATH-IM04. Including Sibilance and general fit.

Jul 6, 2015 at 3:44 PM Post #1,943 of 3,064
Large, most likely.

I don't own the A83 yet. But the Spiral Dots fixed a number of issues I had with the ATH-IM04. Including Sibilance and general fit.

Well that's the problem tho.  The L silicones w/ the A83s seem slightly small compared to other larges with other IEMs.  They also make M and ML in the spiral dots which is why I asked.  I guess I'll just order through amazon so I can return em if they don't fit right.

Thanks.

Jul 6, 2015 at 6:33 PM Post #1,944 of 3,064
The Large JVCs are a little bigger around than the Large Sony Hybrids, if that helps.

Jul 6, 2015 at 7:01 PM Post #1,946 of 3,064
Understand that they are shorter, and squatter, than the Sony's. They are meant to fill your ear a little less deep, more on the outer rim of the canal. So, don't go too small, or they won't make a seal.

Jul 6, 2015 at 7:10 PM Post #1,947 of 3,064
Understand that they are shorter, and squatter, than the Sony's. They are meant to fill your ear a little less deep, more on the outer rim of the canal. So, don't go too small, or they won't make a seal.

Hmmm.  Okay.  Maybe I'll start w/ Large because they are easier to come by (prime shipping on amazon, ftw).  And adjust down if need be.

Thanks again.

Jul 7, 2015 at 3:13 AM Post #1,949 of 3,064
What do you mean by "driver flex"? Can you specifically describe what you're experiencing?

Jul 7, 2015 at 3:17 AM Post #1,950 of 3,064
The sounds gets staticy or cuts out completely on the right side. And this happens because of dynamic drivers building up too much pressure or something like that.

I read this here on head-fi as a thread. Thought that may be the problem that im having

Users who are viewing this thread

Back