FIDUE A83 impressions and discussion thread
Jul 7, 2015 at 11:56 PM Post #1,968 of 3,064
Another update: Thoroughly cleaned the male pin connector using a cleaning solution for computer accessories (similar to cream) and a push pin. Yes guys, you heard me right. A thin push pin wrapped with a thin strip of tissue soaked in a thin film of cleaning solution. Wiggled it down the pin, pushing it a bit around as I cleaned the contacts and the surrounding area. After cleaning and snapping the cleaned stock cable back to the drivers, the intermittent sound cutting is gone (finally!). Been running 4 days straight with no signs of sound cutting off. Good thing that cleaning setup worked to revive my stock cable back to action. I'm now using the linum music cable with the 850's for the meantime.

Additional "tip". If you find some tips having a bit of loose seal, DIY them to become hybrid tips. Stuff them with foam from earplugs or use blue-tac (as i read in another forum) to provide additional padding and seal. I did this with the 850 M tips and am now enjoying enhanced seal with rumbling bass and more cohesive dynamics. :)

Jul 8, 2015 at 12:57 AM Post #1,969 of 3,064
I've had the Fidues now for 4 weeks. What a wonderful sounding earphone! Detail, with separation, but intimate and forward sounding. Vocals great! Great bass, which is tightening up (sounded a little boomy at first) good treble, though just a touch sibilance on some tracks,and very musical.
It's working well for alternative, pop, rock, jazz and EDM. Damn! Why does it sound so good????? I bought the Dunu 2000J 2 weeks ago, and I keep going back to the A83! I know the 2000J will require more "burn in" because they are not impressing me at the moment even though they may be technically better than the Fidue.
My go to GR07BE are also taking a back seat as well, but I'm trying to do a rotation of A83>2000J>H300>GR07BE, Fidue being my favourite.
The source (no external amp) is the Cowon Plenue P1. which helps to make the A83 sound as wonderful as it does.
By the way, I'm using JVC large tips which fit me better ( though still looking for an even better seal) than the stock tips.

Jul 8, 2015 at 1:30 AM Post #1,970 of 3,064
Another update: Thoroughly cleaned the male pin connector using a cleaning solution for computer accessories (similar to cream) and a push pin. Yes guys, you heard me right. A thin push pin wrapped with a thin strip of tissue soaked in a thin film of cleaning solution. Wiggled it down the pin, pushing it a bit around as I cleaned the contacts and the surrounding area. After cleaning and snapping the cleaned stock cable back to the drivers, the intermittent sound cutting is gone (finally!). Been running 4 days straight with no signs of sound cutting off. Good thing that cleaning setup worked to revive my stock cable back to action. I'm now using the linum music cable with the 850's for the meantime.

Additional "tip". If you find some tips having a bit of loose seal, DIY them to become hybrid tips. Stuff them with foam from earplugs or use blue-tac (as i read in another forum) to provide additional padding and seal. I did this with the 850 M tips and am now enjoying enhanced seal with rumbling bass and more cohesive dynamics. :)

What cleaning solution did you use? For future reference. I already returned mine and i miss them so much. I love those iems. Currently using sony sbh80 til i order them again.

Jul 8, 2015 at 11:19 AM Post #1,971 of 3,064
  I've had the Fidues now for 4 weeks. What a wonderful sounding earphone! Detail, with separation, but intimate and forward sounding. Vocals great! Great bass, which is tightening up (sounded a little boomy at first) good treble, though just a touch sibilance on some tracks,and very musical.
It's working well for alternative, pop, rock, jazz and EDM. Damn! Why does it sound so good????? I bought the Dunu 2000J 2 weeks ago, and I keep going back to the A83! I know the 2000J will require more "burn in" because they are not impressing me at the moment even though they may be technically better than the Fidue.
My go to GR07BE are also taking a back seat as well, but I'm trying to do a rotation of A83>2000J>H300>GR07BE, Fidue being my favourite.
The source (no external amp) is the Cowon Plenue P1. which helps to make the A83 sound as wonderful as it does.
By the way, I'm using JVC large tips which fit me better ( though still looking for an even better seal) than the stock tips.

That's interesting as I was planning on grabbing the DN2000Js to do a little comparison w/ the A83s.  And I've also got the DN1000s and my old reliable GR07BE just like you.  LOL.  Very similar path we're taking.  I just spent 100 bucks on the new Linum BaX cable for the A83s to try to alleviate my comfort issue, and if that happens, then I'm definitely going to be skipping the 2000Js because I love the A83 sound so much.

Jul 8, 2015 at 1:29 PM Post #1,973 of 3,064
Nothing like getting my new Linum BaX cable from Earphone Solutions, only to have it be faulty.  No sound at all out of the left cable (and yes I swapped em too).  Thankfully they are overnighting me a new cable w/ a return label.  This doesn't bode well for reliability though, especially at such an expensive cost.

Jul 8, 2015 at 2:08 PM Post #1,974 of 3,064
  Nothing like getting my new Linum BaX cable from Earphone Solutions, only to have it be faulty.  No sound at all out of the left cable (and yes I swapped em too).  Thankfully they are overnighting me a new cable w/ a return label.  This doesn't bode well for reliability though, especially at such an expensive cost.

I sure hope that was just a one-off. But then again, I've got the 2-pin version and the old 2-pin config has been known to be more reliable than the MMCX connector. Sounds like stellar customer service though.

Jul 8, 2015 at 2:11 PM Post #1,975 of 3,064
  I sure hope that was just a one-off. But then again, I've got the 2-pin version and the old 2-pin config has been known to be more reliable than the MMCX connector. Sounds like stellar customer service though.

Me too.  They are going to test the new one before sending it...but apparently they only have two left so my fingers are crossed.  I REALLY like the cable...comfort wise.  Could be the answer to my one and only issue w/ the A83.

Jul 8, 2015 at 4:36 PM Post #1,977 of 3,064

Me too.  They are going to test the new one before sending it...but apparently they only have two left so my fingers are crossed.  I REALLY like the cable...comfort wise.  Could be the answer to my one and only issue w/ the A83.

It really does just disappear behind my ear. Better when I don't have memory wire too cuz I wear glasses.

Jul 8, 2015 at 11:33 PM Post #1,978 of 3,064
@dbdynsty25. Yes It does seem a similar path we're taking. I don't know about the 2000j. Maybe it's not suited for the P1. I will have to play around with the rings supplied, and try different tips but they just annoy me at the moment because I though they would sound a little better than how they are currently. I shall persist.
Anyway, when I move from the 2000J to the A83, it's like ahh, that's more like it! My preferred sound? It would seem so. The bass is revealing more detail, and sounds keep coming through from nowhere.
I've not had any problems with the wire guides on the A83, but the Linum BaX cable looks good, and I look forward to your experience with that cable regarding comfort, and any perceived sound quality improvement.

Jul 9, 2015 at 10:51 PM Post #1,979 of 3,064
I have the AK100 first generation with high impedance. I'm thinking of buying the Fidue A83, but not sure if this will be a bad married. Anyone has this combo and give me some input? Thank you very much!

Kon.

Jul 10, 2015 at 3:11 AM Post #1,980 of 3,064
Replacement Linum BaX cable came in today and it's phenomenal.  Works perfectly for what I wanted.  Very little change in the sound, so little I couldn't even describe it if I tried, and it's just so thin and light you can barely tell you're wearing headphones.

The original cable just always felt like it was pulling on the buds...this one definitely doesn't.  I am not sure it's worth the cost...but since I love the A83's sound so much, I'd do just about anything to fix the comfort issues I had.  And really...in this hobby, what's 100 bucks?  :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back