FIDUE A83 impressions and discussion thread
Jul 10, 2015 at 3:45 PM Post #1,996 of 3,064
I use the earhooks because the cable is stiff and it doesn't wrap around the ear conveniently if I don't use earhooks. Plus, with the earhooks I don't need the chin slider, as mine didn't come with a chin slider

Which earhooks do you recommend?

Jul 11, 2015 at 12:50 AM Post #1,999 of 3,064
Can anyone make a comparison with the Audio Technica IM03?

The A83 has been lauded for its highly detailed, analytical qualities. Which sounds closer akin to the IM02. Except I have not heard the IM02, so that comparison would be fairly meaningless to me.

On the other hand, the FIDUE is also said to be ever so slightly warm, with quite a full and courageous bass. This does remind me of the IM03.

So, anyone own, or have owned, both the 03 and the A83?

Jul 12, 2015 at 1:34 AM Post #2,003 of 3,064
Can anyone make a comparison with the Audio Technica IM03?

The A83 has been lauded for its highly detailed, analytical qualities. Which sounds closer akin to the IM02. Except I have not heard the IM02, so that comparison would be fairly meaningless to me.

On the other hand, the FIDUE is also said to be ever so slightly warm, with quite a full and courageous bass. This does remind me of the IM03.

So, anyone own, or have owned, both the 03 and the A83?

I don't own either of these 2 IEM. But I did audit it before. I would say IM03 is bassier, much warmer tone than the A83. A83 is clearer in terms of detail retrieval. IIRC. 

Jul 13, 2015 at 2:55 AM Post #2,004 of 3,064
Guys I would like to ask how you carry A83 for short times?

I mean just go for drink a coffee, or go to work when you are not using them.

Always using A83 default case with wrapping it? It seems not so comfortable every time using wrapped foam in Pelican case :)

Jul 13, 2015 at 2:59 AM Post #2,005 of 3,064

Always using A83 default case with wrapping it? It seems not so comfortable every time using wrapped foam in Pelican case :)

I don't usually need to, but if I were to, I'd probably take the foam chunk out of the case and, like how I store all my other IEMs, loop the cable around 4 fingers before putting it in the case. The cable is very flexible with almost no memory character so it should stay in the loop quite easily to put in the case.

Jul 13, 2015 at 3:42 AM Post #2,006 of 3,064

I use a small compact camera case, one with zipper, this is quick and pocketable.

Get them for about $5 on eBay. (you want a hard case for on the go)

However, when my IEMs are around the house (mostly) I simply buy little draw string pouches and leave the cable hanging out like a tail.

This protects the IEM housing / tips from dirt, grit etc... They just hang around either in draws or on the bed etc.... 
smile.gif

Jul 13, 2015 at 4:28 AM Post #2,007 of 3,064
Guys thank you for your detailed answers, I will go with using default case probably without foam.

Is there anyone to know default case condition standards? Water, dust and shock? (For water and dust is there IP65 standard?)

Jul 14, 2015 at 12:45 PM Post #2,010 of 3,064
About a week ago I managed getting my Tralucent DacAmp One working in DAC mode with my Samsung Galaxy S4. My S4 feeding data signal to the dac/amp and it's now 'portable rather than used via laptop etc. The dac/amp is extremely high in resolution, detail, and overall very professional sounding unit.

When I pair A83 with this setup, they practically blast off into outer space. It makes a mockery of my ASG-2 and ER4S. 1Plus2 stands it's ground however.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back