Fidue A73 - Hybrid (1DD + 1BA) IEM - Impressions and discussion thread
Jul 3, 2015 at 10:55 AM Post #196 of 1,164
I agree they probably check, just not all the time. BTW I also am waiting for my pair I ordered from them as well :). But after buying from Massdrop, Kickstarter, and a couple of items from over seas that took for ever I have grown accustomed to relaxing and waiting for stuff to arrive. I expect I will be seeing the A73 sometime mid month anything sooner will just be a bonus.
You're the one with the z5 right?

If so, I'm looking forward to a comparison in SQ between these two.

Hope you enjoy them!

Jul 3, 2015 at 11:41 AM Post #197 of 1,164
I will be doing some comparisons for sure. I also am working on a review of the T20 so will likely do a bit of a comparison against the T20 as well but only after I have done the T2p review.

Jul 3, 2015 at 11:49 AM Post #198 of 1,164
The team here at hifiheadphones have taken the opportunity to write a review of the Fidue A73 Hybrid IEM's

Please take the time to read this review by our lead writer SteveHiFi, we may be retailers but we’re also really into enjoying our music with headphones and earphones, and as a small team of music lovers, we are fanatical about headphones and are devoted to helping you get the most out of personal audio.

Jul 3, 2015 at 3:17 PM Post #199 of 1,164
  The team here at hifiheadphones have taken the opportunity to write a review of the Fidue A73 Hybrid IEM's

Please take the time to read this review by our lead writer SteveHiFi, we may be retailers but we’re also really into enjoying our music with headphones and earphones, and as a small team of music lovers, we are fanatical about headphones and are devoted to helping you get the most out of personal audio.

I enjoy your channel's video reviews and I would like to see a video version as well. One point of suggestion, only constructive criticism as your videos are already pretty good, the reviewer sometimes looks a bit stiff or like hes reading the review off camera, a more spontaneous or natural flow of lines would make your already great reviews much better IMO. With that said, the written review is pretty darn good!

Jul 4, 2015 at 12:10 AM Post #200 of 1,164
Jul 4, 2015 at 12:17 AM Post #202 of 1,164
Jul 4, 2015 at 2:46 PM Post #207 of 1,164
After a demo at lendmeurear's local shop, couldn't resist anymore :grin:! Enjoying the hell out of them as I am typing this.

It is incredible how much a sub $200 iem can do these days. This sound quality a few years ago would cost atleast upwards of $500.

hey congrats, right now I'm debating if i should get these. If I do they will be driven out of my Z ultra (till i save up for a better source), so I'm really curious to know how do they sound out of your phone as I see it's a similar one? And does the sound improve significantly when paired with more powerful source?
Also, I already read you can't pick a winner between A73 and Titan 1, but can you please briefly elaborate on the differences between the two?
Your help will be much welcomed. Thanks. :p

Jul 4, 2015 at 2:48 PM Post #208 of 1,164
hey congrats, right now I'm debating if i should get these. If I do they will be driven out of my Z ultra (till i save up for a better source), so I'm really curious to know how do they sound out of your phone as I see it's a similar one? And does the sound improve significantly when paired with more powerful source?
Also, I already read you can't pick a winner between A73 and Titan 1, but can you please briefly elaborate on the differences between the two?
Your help will be much welcomed. Thanks.
tongue.gif

Get a player. lol.

Jul 4, 2015 at 2:48 PM Post #209 of 1,164
I was considering crk9 ltd until I came across A73.
So far impressed and not regretting.

My biggest gripe is Fidue didn't put on some kind of firm flexible cable sleeve close to the earbuds to allow the cable to be bent over ear and keep its shape.
At the moment when I wear them over the ears the cable sometimes loses shape and comes loose over the ear. No under chin cable grip exists and ear hooks spoil conveniance of portability.

Aurisonics had a good simple implementation of this on their early ASG range. Two inch outter sleeve with a thin bendable metal wire in it.

Jul 4, 2015 at 3:06 PM Post #210 of 1,164
jpguy

I returned my Titan and lot more happier with A73.

I found the Titans to be dry in the mids and harsh in the highs to the point they were unbearably fatiguing at higher volumes. IMO It is fairly aggressive and almost clinical in its overall signature.

In contrast the A73 have warmer lush mids and highs that are detailed and sparkly but still not fatiguing.
I also find the soundstage to be bigger with A73. It does a better job of creating 'live sound' than Titan did.
There is generally more bass with the A73 as it extends little into mids. It goes deep as if not deeper than the Titan.

I'm currently using the A73 on the go with i6 and i have never got a better pairing. The A73 is sensitive and can go lot more louder than Titan which is really useful with EU volume cap on my i6. Titan definitely requires lot more power to drive it compared to a73.

Also the A73 has a play/pause and a mic which is really useful with phones when you need to answer calls or just pause a track to have a chat. I didn't value this feature until I was out and about today.

Buy the A73 with audiophile Neutron Player app and you will have Great sound on the go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back