Fidue A73 - Hybrid (1DD + 1BA) IEM - Impressions and discussion thread
Jun 27, 2015 at 11:45 AM Post #168 of 1,164
This thread has made my decision on a new IEM more difficult. I was going to get the DUNU DN 1000, then came across these. In looking for something with good bass (doesn't haven't to be basshead level) and good clarity. My full size set is HiFiMan HE 400 which I live, just would like a little better clarity.
So, which one you think is better for me, A73 or DUNU?
I listen lots of different generes (rock, metal, indie, more mello stuff).

Jun 27, 2015 at 11:51 AM Post #169 of 1,164
This thread has made my decision on a new IEM more difficult. I was going to get the DUNU DN 1000, then came across these. In looking for something with good bass (doesn't haven't to be basshead level) and good clarity. My full size set is HiFiMan HE 400 which I live, just would like a little better clarity.
I also use the he400 as my main full sized headphones. I haven't heard the dn1000 but I was making the same decision as you. From what I've read, the dn1k has a more v-shape signature whereas the a73 will have less recessed mids which is more akin to the he400s.

Jun 28, 2015 at 5:39 AM Post #170 of 1,164

I also use the he400 as my main full sized headphones. I haven't heard the dn1000 but I was making the same decision as you. From what I've read, the dn1k has a more v-shape signature whereas the a73 will have less recessed mids which is more akin to the he400s.

Was just listening to the HE400i and HE560 a couple hours ago at CanCon. The A73 has more treble response than both, but the HE400i has that planar bass that everyone likes, but it's not elevated, whilst the A73 has elevated bass without getting too overwhelming or loose. They do sound quite different though, and the A73 has a little bit more clarity.

Jun 29, 2015 at 1:15 AM Post #171 of 1,164
Just got this IEMs in my hand and testing it (in my office :D, the excitement was far too overwhelming!!).

These are my most IEMs till date, i will be purchasing others in future too, but boy i am glad i saw your reviews on this!! I was going for Dunu DN-1000, but just before hitting BUY i gave a look around and stumbled here!!

My first hybrids, and damn these are awesome! Currently listening thru OnePlus One, but will hook up to Cowon S9 at home and check.

A quick question, do you think I should upgrade my DAP to xDuoo X2 or should i stick with Cowon? I listen to classical rock, metal, EDM, Dubstep mostly.

PS - Although i have been a follower of head-fi since years now, i just registered here to say thanks to you!!!

Jun 29, 2015 at 2:23 AM Post #172 of 1,164
  Just got this IEMs in my hand and testing it (in my office :D, the excitement was far too overwhelming!!).

These are my most IEMs till date, i will be purchasing others in future too, but boy i am glad i saw your reviews on this!! I was going for Dunu DN-1000, but just before hitting BUY i gave a look around and stumbled here!!

My first hybrids, and damn these are awesome! Currently listening thru OnePlus One, but will hook up to Cowon S9 at home and check.

A quick question, do you think I should upgrade my DAP to xDuoo X2 or should i stick with Cowon? I listen to classical rock, metal, EDM, Dubstep mostly.

PS - Although i have been a follower of head-fi since years now, i just registered here to say thanks to you!!!

I've not tried the S9 before but I do own the xDuoo X2 and I think it's a brilliant DAP. But to be honest, the A73 sounds great out of just about anything, that includes my phone. I think it's because they're so easy to drive and they're so sensitive that you don't actually lose much detail. I say, see how you go with the Cowon and if you like it keep it.

But for the price you can get the X2...

Jun 29, 2015 at 1:54 PM Post #174 of 1,164

Hey Jordan, shipping usually takes 3-5 days or so to the US. We may be using a US fulfillment route for the A73 orders which will work better for Americans. 

Please note that this is a pre-sell offer (which is clearly outlined on the product page with rough ETA on arrival). This is why the one time price is much lower, and has additional offers. 

We actually get a handful of these questions every day, and we believe that the offer is quite clearly outlined on the product page, including an ETA. 

However, we anticipate that we will have stock in earlier than expected. 

Do you have update on shipping? (in Canada)

Thanks,

Jun 29, 2015 at 3:43 PM Post #176 of 1,164
Any comparisons between A73 and FX750 or FX850?  Seems like they have a similar sound sig?

Jul 1, 2015 at 12:13 PM Post #178 of 1,164
A quick listen shows them to be crisp and accurate with a fairly bright sound signature for an IEM in this price range, but by no means overbearing.

Bass is tight and well controlled; mids are crystal clear. Tuning bumps up the bass and treble a little, but not to the detriment of the mid-range. The Fidue A73 has a fun sound but with a healthy dollop of neutrality too.

Soundstage is great for an in-ear model, with imaging and separation very impressive too.

At this price, the Fidue A73 is very attractive and can hold its own against the competition, especially for those who enjoy a slightly brighter presentation.

We can ship to anywhere in Europe or indead worldwide from hifiheadphones, just click the link below.

Fidue A73 @ Hifiheadphones

Jul 1, 2015 at 12:29 PM Post #179 of 1,164
It's strange there's no response from CTC Audio to emails for 5 days!
not really, this is a Fidue A73 thread so they likely don't check all the time. I suggest sending them a PM versus expecting them to respond in this thread.

Jul 1, 2015 at 12:41 PM Post #180 of 1,164
not really, this is a Fidue A73 thread so they likely don't check all the time. I suggest sending them a PM versus expecting them to respond in this thread.

Problem solved, response received.
(btw as a Canadian distributor - with a pre sale offer going on - I'm pretty sure they're checking this thread.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back