Fidue A73 - Hybrid (1DD + 1BA) IEM - Impressions and discussion thread
Jul 1, 2015 at 1:10 PM Post #181 of 1,164
I agree they probably check, just not all the time. BTW I also am waiting for my pair I ordered from them as well :). But after buying from Massdrop, Kickstarter, and a couple of items from over seas that took for ever I have grown accustomed to relaxing and waiting for stuff to arrive. I expect I will be seeing the A73 sometime mid month anything sooner will just be a bonus.

Jul 1, 2015 at 1:32 PM Post #183 of 1,164
Any comparisons between A73 and FX750 or FX850?  Seems like they have a similar sound sig?

The sound signature isn't even close. Timbre and micro detail can't be touched with the FX750 and 850. There's nothing out there that can. Where the A73 wins is the quality of the bass. The great weakness with the entire FX series is that it's a consumer based tuning, so the bass is big, in some cases unruly, and has to be completely EQ'd down unless you are a bass head. The FX series is the audiophile bass head's BEST FRIEND. The A73 is far more balanced, has just as fun a sound, but with less treble presence and far far far less bass presence.

Jul 1, 2015 at 1:46 PM Post #184 of 1,164
The sound signature isn't even close. Timbre and micro detail can't be touched with the FX750 and 850. There's nothing out there that can. Where the A73 wins is the quality of the bass. The great weakness with the entire FX series is that it's a consumer based tuning, so the bass is big, in some cases unruly, and has to be completely EQ'd down unless you are a bass head. The FX series is the audiophile bass head's BEST FRIEND. The A73 is far more balanced, has just as fun a sound, but with less treble presence and far far far less bass presence.

Wow, I didn't know FX750 is that bassy.  Would you say it's bass level is comparable to Piston 2, Zero Audio Basso, KEF M200, JVC HA-S500?  I found all of those too bassy.

Jul 1, 2015 at 2:01 PM Post #186 of 1,164
Wow, I didn't know FX750 is that bassy.  Would you say it's bass level is comparable to Piston 2, Zero Audio Basso, KEF M200, JVC HA-S500?  I found all of those too bassy.

The FX750 technically and sonically is almost identical to the FX850. Actually, let me say, that the 850 has slightly better resolution, extended treble, and if you can believe it, bigger bass. But it's really similar, so yes, the FX750 has big bass, and I'd say it's bass is similar to the Pistons or urBeats bass, but more refined and resolved. The M200 bass is more linear and lean compared to the 750. Basso bass digs deep, but again lacks the detail of the 750. What I'm trying to say is that the 750 and 850 has a detailed bass that is so huge it's ever present, at the expense of the mids. It can cover details, which to me and my preference, turns me off.

Jul 1, 2015 at 2:08 PM Post #187 of 1,164
The snake charm of the FX series, the addictive quality, is the unreal and out of this world timbre and micro detail that allows you to hear string vibration, string slides, note bends, and resolution that becomes audible that you never EVER heard from another IEM, no matter the brand or price. It's sublime timbre and resolution. But for me, and my humble opinion, that bass tuning ruined it all. The bass should have been tuned less, the mids brought up, and the treble either left alone or slightly extended, and it would be the end gamer for dynamic drivers. Unfortunately JVC seems to want to market its IEMs across the board with consumer oriented bass, and I'm just not a bass head.

Jul 1, 2015 at 2:14 PM Post #188 of 1,164
I'm using my A73 as I type. I prefer the E80 as the sound signature is more my personal preference, and I'm hard pressed to identify a bass that's as rich and detailed and FAST as the bass in the E80, but the A73 is so much fun, more comfy in my ears, and I just love the A73 with metal and pop. It's great!

Jul 1, 2015 at 2:24 PM Post #189 of 1,164
The FX750 technically and sonically is almost identical to the FX850. Actually, let me say, that the 850 has slightly better resolution, extended treble, and if you can believe it, bigger bass. But it's really similar, so yes, the FX750 has big bass, and I'd say it's bass is similar to the Pistons or urBeats bass, but more refined and resolved. The M200 bass is more linear and lean compared to the 750. Basso bass digs deep, but again lacks the detail of the 750. What I'm trying to say is that the 750 and 850 has a detailed bass that is so huge it's ever present, at the expense of the mids. It can cover details, which to me and my preference, turns me off.

Thanks.  Looks like I'd like the A73 more than the FX series as well.

Jul 3, 2015 at 5:53 AM Post #190 of 1,164
Got my today. They look great as A83, just cable is a bit downgrade. However sound is great. I tried them on iPhone 5s, FiiO X3ii and X5. All combinations are very good. Less sharp than A83, good deep and fast bass. A73 are more comfortable for my ears than A83, they are smaller and fit is easy to find. I did not like so much A83 for outside use, but it seem to me, that A73 will be perfect. I will always preffer A83 with X5 for home listening, but for activities out of home will take A73 from now on. Well done Fidue, thank you.

Jul 3, 2015 at 7:56 AM Post #191 of 1,164
Mine have just arrived as well....sounds very good almost a "live sound". Such a relief after not liking the titans at all and having to return them! The over ear fit works for
me as well as it was a concern I had. They also work a treat from my iPhone 6!

Jul 3, 2015 at 8:39 AM Post #192 of 1,164
Mine have just arrived as well....sounds very good almost a "live sound". Such a relief after not liking the titans at all and having to return them! The over ear fit works for
me as well as it was a concern I had. They also work a treat from my iPhone 6!

SNAP! On all you said.

Looks like Christmas came early all round.

Mine just arrived too and on very initial listening I'm already more happy than I was with the Titans that got returned.
You are absolutly right about the 'sound live' description and it is really lending well to Trance music ambiance.
Great 3D surround affect helped by the wide soundstage.
I can already say it's nicely filling the hole that Tenore's could not do with this genre. A73 makes it Fun and more engaging.
They could be the perfect upgrade for EDM/Trance that my EPH100 served so well at.

So far listening with Walkman X1060 and Sony Hybrid foam backed tips. Spiral tips in delivery.

Jul 3, 2015 at 10:48 AM Post #195 of 1,164
Hisoundfi it was your initial review that got me interested. I left comments under your review:

archy121 Today at 7:22 amDelete
Review is spot on for me.

Couldn't agree more with comparisons against Titan's that I had to return quickly from aching fatigue.
Really enjoying the A73 after going through good few IEM's that were just not suiting my palette.
I will be keeping close on your recommendations Vince. Cheers !

I haven't been able to take them off since I got them few hours ago. Right now I'm listening to Sultans Swing and it's pretty awesome just using i6 and spotify.
The A73 are excellent match with i6 and the audiophile Neutron player app. Unlike the Titans they are able to easily go very loud even with E.U sound cap in place.

I didn't get best of seals with the provided tips and using my own has really helped to push the bass levels better than I expected. Walking With Elephants by Ten Walls never sounded better on i6. Great texture, speed and punch. I have ordered Spiral Tips based on your recommendation and I'm curious to see how the sound signature will be affected as I'm already really pleased with the results from my own tips.

Also I was pleasantly surprised to find a pair of ear hooks provided with the accessories even though I probably won't use them.
I guess Fidue have updated the packaged contents.

Thumbs up to HIFIHEADPHONES for brining them to UK. Great communication and service level from these guys.

Back to rediscovering music. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back