Fender IEM (Aurisonics) Impressions, Reviews & Discussions Thread
Jul 11, 2013 at 6:52 PM Post #3,512 of 6,413
I'm not sure if those are the new ones. Dale was sayin the new batch had some kind of epoxy based paint that was super tough or something.

Jul 11, 2013 at 7:19 PM Post #3,513 of 6,413
I think these are the latest batch because they were manufactured last week.

ASG-1 rev1.3 also come with a new cable. Dale said the jacketing is opaque and should not show the green color that occurs with clear cable.

Jul 29, 2013 at 10:01 PM Post #3,515 of 6,413
That Fiio copper silver-plated and the AS-2 love each other! Wonderful synergy! 

Jul 29, 2013 at 10:14 PM Post #3,517 of 6,413
Quote:
That Fiio copper silver-plated and the AS-2 love each other! Wonderful synergy! 

That's good to hear. How about the ergonomics? I am currently using the Effect Audio Apollo with my ASG-2s and while I haven't exactly compared them for sound, the ergonomics alone makes it worth it. Much better than the normal stock cables most IEMs come with, and the earguides are easier to use as well.

Jul 29, 2013 at 10:39 PM Post #3,518 of 6,413
Quote:
That's good to hear. How about the ergonomics? I am currently using the Effect Audio Apollo with my ASG-2s and while I haven't exactly compared them for sound, the ergonomics alone makes it worth it. Much better than the normal stock cables most IEMs come with, and the earguides are easier to use as well.

Quote:

How do they differ from the stock cable?

Terry.

Doesn't really memory wire, but very flexible and bendable. Stays put with chin slider. Nice solid build. 24 AWG but  thin (four cables to each channel). Feel strong though. Great connector (gold plated).

Sound through the Fiio E10 seems to deepen the bass with extra punch, but pushes the soundstage back a bit. Seems to balance the sound in the AS-2 more than the stock cable. But the greatest impact is on the bass. It's deeper and tighter (my AS-2 doesn't have a tunable bass port, so this is really standing out to me).

Jul 29, 2013 at 10:40 PM Post #3,519 of 6,413
For a $29 cable the sound is worth it. How long the cable will hold up I don't know yet, but again, seems solid.

Jul 30, 2013 at 4:11 PM Post #3,520 of 6,413
i thought FiiO didnt have a normal cable, just a TF10 cable. Using such a cable with Aurisonis products would be pointless as it would not ensure a consistent connection as the TF10 pins are in fact smaller than the pins they use for other IEM cables. Bending or flattening those pins to make them work would potentially leave the internals of your Aurisonics gear in a state of unknown as different things may happen to each individual person when they attempt to make such modifications to make something work

Jul 30, 2013 at 4:15 PM Post #3,521 of 6,413
FiiO's got three new cables out, one of which caters specifically to Westone style pins

Jul 30, 2013 at 4:16 PM Post #3,522 of 6,413
Quote:
i thought FiiO didnt have a normal cable, just a TF10 cable. Using such a cable with Aurisonis products would be pointless as it would not ensure a consistent connection as the TF10 pins are in fact smaller than the pins they use for other IEM cables. Bending or flattening those pins to make them work would potentially leave the internals of your Aurisonics gear in a state of unknown as different things may happen to each individual person when they attempt to make such modifications to make something work

Nope, they have Westone cable too.

http://www.fiio.com.cn/products/index.aspx?ID=100000042938762&MenuID=105026014

I'm planning on trying it and comparing the three cables that I'd have. The Stock, Silver Dragon and WT1

Jul 30, 2013 at 4:19 PM Post #3,523 of 6,413
Jul 30, 2013 at 5:27 PM Post #3,524 of 6,413
Quote:

Do research before making such comments kenman345, please?  Why would I, of all people, suggest trying a cable made to fit the TF10? 

Jul 30, 2013 at 5:30 PM Post #3,525 of 6,413
By the way, the new cable fits the AS-2 perfectly! Like a hand in a snug glove.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back