Fender IEM (Aurisonics) Impressions, Reviews & Discussions Thread
May 19, 2013 at 12:30 AM Post #3,406 of 6,413
Quote:
Haha, some people have all the luck
wink.gif

Yeah, the guy definitely is lucky, it was a great set of 'phones. 

May 19, 2013 at 12:50 AM Post #3,408 of 6,413
Quote:
The one caveat is that I wish the bass was more focused in the sub-bass. I don't think it has as the same mid/sub bass ratio as the 1.2, and opening up the vents skews it even more toward the upper bass. I've had it on blast since 6 last night though (on a bass-only EQ, so as to not potentially damage the tweeters), so hopefully it tightens things up.

Agreed. I hope that more burn-in opens up the sub-bass a little bit more, or that a revision 2.1 brings back the sub-bass magic from 1.2 or changes the port to focus on a lower frequency. Luckily the drivers are more than capable of cranking out rumble - guess for now I'll just flip my ASG-1 EQ. ;]

May 19, 2013 at 12:53 AM Post #3,409 of 6,413
Quote:

Agreed. I hope that more burn-in opens up the sub-bass a little bit more, or that a revision 2.1 brings back the sub-bass magic from 1.2 or changes the port to focus on a lower frequency. Luckily the drivers are more than capable of cranking out rumble - guess for now I'll just flip my ASG-1 EQ. ;]

The 1.2 was really a bass monster :p  LOL.  If you do want that sort of bass, get a good bass-head headphone that has good depth. 

May 19, 2013 at 11:28 AM Post #3,412 of 6,413
I'll be at the meet-up in Dallas on June 9th, and I'll bring the ASG-2. If anyone is in the area, you're welcome to come listen. Bring your own tips though. 

Here's the meet thread: http://www.head-fi.org/t/660097/dallas-tx-sunday-june-9th-2013-the-not-quite-in-the-oven-yet-meetup

May 19, 2013 at 12:05 PM Post #3,413 of 6,413
Quote:

oh YYEEESSSS the magic with the 1.2s! I have the Vorzuge VorzAmpDou, with the bass and treble switches on, and then I run it all thru the ZOv1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OH YYEEESSSS the magic!
very_evil_smiley.gif
! indeed quite nice! and soon the 2s!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinyman392 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

The 1.2 was really a bass monster :p  LOL.  If you do want that sort of bass, get a good bass-head headphone that has good depth. 

or if you don't mind sacrificing some portability, use an amp? that should help to get some better bass from the 2s like it does with the 1's, I can only guess that the 2 would respond as well, and so with the right gear you should get that great bass response, and also quite nicely,

what amping if any does everyone else run there ASGs thru?

well I will know first hand for myself, I'm sending a set of 1s back for the stealth 2 upgrade tomorrow, last leg of the 2 trip! yea!  

on another note some awesome news! I just got tired of the guide wires/earloops, and oh so carefully and successfully clipped them off! holy smolies! I bet I go almost the rest of the day not having to adjut my 1.2s fit! I guess I just got used to fiddling with adjusting the wire and fit alot, I would move around or adjust my jaw or something and the iems would shift ever so slightly and break the seal ever so slightly, but after chating with Andy about sending my 1s in for the 2 stealth upgrade, and with him mentioning the new styled case for the 1.3s, will be the same as the 2s is, it will be used as a universal upgrade from a 1.3, to a 2, they will be using the same case now! they are really evolving by leeps and bounds, and it is an awesome honor for me to have been along for the ride!

anyways my conversation with Andy got me thinking about the guide wires, and I remembered about reading somewhere else where someone clipped off there wires and what a difference it made for them! and better yet now me!

the loops do a great for holding the iems in place on the upper part of my ear, but it seems as if the lower part moves more independantly from my upper part? and they really stay in place on there own, so no more need for any extra wire support! wow! also the cable is looped over my ears still

holy smokes I feel like I am going comando style on my ears! lol,
biggrin.gif
very very much more comfortable!

looks like I will be listing all of my others IEMs in the sales forum soon?

wow what a big difference a small thing like a more comfortable fit can have, I barely notice them there, compared to how the molded wire fit! gosh like having gotten a new IEM!

May 19, 2013 at 12:19 PM Post #3,414 of 6,413
I just sold my asg1.2, but had the most deepest bass experience coupled to a simple Fiio e11 in my whole life.

I will never forget that, even if that was toooooooo much....but boy, it rumbles.....

May 19, 2013 at 1:40 PM Post #3,417 of 6,413
Nice photos, eke2k6!

May 19, 2013 at 4:22 PM Post #3,418 of 6,413
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericp10 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Okay ladies and gentlemen, this is the best I can do right now in showing my AS-2 (nickel coated with black chrome). This should give you some idea until I can take better photos. I think it's a handsome looking IEM. Great job, Aurisonics!

Quote:
Some pictures of my stealth G2. I'm using the extra long single flange tips from the Meelec M11 tip set.

You kids and your Aurisonic toys - congrats to both of you! Thank goodness I am completely happy with my cks1000's, because the Aurisonics are wayyyy out of my league (and budget)!

May 19, 2013 at 6:53 PM Post #3,420 of 6,413
Quote:

You kids and your Aurisonic toys - congrats to both of you! Thank goodness I am completely happy with my cks1000's, because the Aurisonics are wayyyy out of my league (and budget)!

You will get there waynes world, but we both know the CKS1000 is quite capable (it's not an AS-2, but capable). 
beerchug.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back