Fender IEM (Aurisonics) Impressions, Reviews & Discussions Thread
Dec 10, 2012 at 9:11 PM Post #2,401 of 6,413
Quote:
Omg thats awesome! ASG 1 hurt my ears after a few hours of use. Hopefully someone can do a review on the GR08, H200 and ASG2.

It will be quite the battle for hybrids at this price point. I'll be patiently waiting here with my ASG-1.2s
popcorn.gif

Dec 10, 2012 at 9:18 PM Post #2,402 of 6,413
I'm real interested in how the 2 stacks up to the Tralucent 1plus2 since they're competing hybrid phones

Dec 10, 2012 at 9:39 PM Post #2,404 of 6,413
Yeah, I do get that. That's why I'm curious. The Cardas Ear Mirror is priced quite competitively too for what's allegedly panty meltingly good sound. Competition is good

Dec 11, 2012 at 10:03 AM Post #2,407 of 6,413
Silver doesn't oxidize at room temperatures I thought, it reacts to sulfur from your sweat or something and turns black because Silver Sulfate is black?

Dec 11, 2012 at 10:22 AM Post #2,408 of 6,413
Quote:
Silver doesn't oxidize at room temperatures I thought, it reacts to sulfur from your sweat or something and turns black because Silver Sulfate is black?

Silver oxide in it's pure form is a black dust.  Needs to be at least 20 C to oxidize, so it will go at room temperature easily.  

Dec 11, 2012 at 10:41 AM Post #2,410 of 6,413
Quote:
When oxidized it also ceases to be conductive so the oxidation becomes an insulator.

I wouldn't doubt that :p  The outer layer would also shield the inner layers from being oxidized further though.  They'll theoretically reach a max-oxidation point (lim x-> inf (f(x)) = y where y is the amount of oxidation and x is time).  So yes, it will become more resistive, we don't know how much this will impact sound :p

Dec 12, 2012 at 4:54 PM Post #2,411 of 6,413
College chem! I don't miss that stuff at all!

I wouldn't doubt that :p  The outer layer would also shield the inner layers from being oxidized further though.  They'll theoretically reach a max-oxidation point (lim x-> inf (f(x)) = y where y is the amount of oxidation and x is time).  So yes, it will become more resistive, we don't know how much this will impact sound :p

Dec 12, 2012 at 11:58 PM Post #2,412 of 6,413
Not sure if anyone has been watching the 121212 concert on TV, but if you noticed Kanye West sweating and then his CIEM's falling out, this is why the hyper coating was invented. I laughed when I saw that happen and am happy to be sending in my AS-2's soon for that treatment. My AS-1's should have that treatment as well and I should be getting those very soon.

Dec 13, 2012 at 12:33 AM Post #2,413 of 6,413
Quote:
Not sure if anyone has been watching the 121212 concert on TV, but if you noticed Kanye West sweating and then his CIEM's falling out, this is why the hyper coating was invented. I laughed when I saw that happen and am happy to be sending in my AS-2's soon for that treatment. My AS-1's should have that treatment as well and I should be getting those very soon.

Whats hyper coating? And how much were the ASG 2 with the promotion? 

Dec 13, 2012 at 12:43 AM Post #2,414 of 6,413
ASG-2's i believe were $375 but that was a one day presale. I did not order a set. Hoping I get lucky with the contest and maybe if not buy them after they launch.

Hyper coating is a special material developed for Aurisonics CIEM's that is heat activated (or something like that) to grip to the sides of your ear (in a safe manner) so performers and artists do not have to worry about them coming out while sweating and using them. Basically they're not gonna fall out and it's not gonna damage your ear. It can also help create a better seal. While the resin they use to make the AS-1's and AS-2's isn't necessarily soft, apparently the hyper coating can help fill in the areas where molds were not accurate enough, and creating a better seal/experience for the user.
Quote:
Whats hyper coating? And how much were the ASG 2 with the promotion? 

Dec 13, 2012 at 2:25 AM Post #2,415 of 6,413
Quote:
ASG-2's i believe were $375 but that was a one day presale. I did not order a set. Hoping I get lucky with the contest and maybe if not buy them after they launch.

Hyper coating is a special material developed for Aurisonics CIEM's that is heat activated (or something like that) to grip to the sides of your ear (in a safe manner) so performers and artists do not have to worry about them coming out while sweating and using them. Basically they're not gonna fall out and it's not gonna damage your ear. It can also help create a better seal. While the resin they use to make the AS-1's and AS-2's isn't necessarily soft, apparently the hyper coating can help fill in the areas where molds were not accurate enough, and creating a better seal/experience for the user.

OMG $375... Wish I could have of grabbed a pair. Can you use the hyper coating on the ASG 2? Or just AS 2? And is it sticky? 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back