Fender IEM (Aurisonics) Impressions, Reviews & Discussions Thread
Dec 4, 2012 at 10:42 PM Post #2,178 of 6,413
How was the AS-2 prototype bass quantity compared to the GR07? Or any other popular iem? Just looking for some reference point as I seriously consider buying these.

Also, how much size/weight does the chrome option add to the iem?  

Dec 4, 2012 at 10:54 PM Post #2,179 of 6,413
How was the AS-2 prototype bass quantity compared to the GR07? Or any other popular iem? Just looking for some reference point as I seriously consider buying these.

I have had the gr07 and now the asg1. The bass is better across the spectrum in quantity and quality. Though I would put the quality close, the quantity is much better.

On another note, as one of the first adopters of the asg1 on head-fi I am really excited for the upgrade! Thanks Dale for always answering my questions and being an all around excellent representAtive for your company. Anyone who is on the fence needs to take thr jump and get on board with Aurisonics. Great product and great company.

Dec 4, 2012 at 11:13 PM Post #2,183 of 6,413
Quote:
At least you're not finding out after the sale. That wouldn't have sat well around here. Not exactly Aurisonics fault for you selling your ASG-1's. That was a personal choice. But you will probably enjoy getting a whole new set instead of whatever the upgrade option is. You might end up having to wait for the upgrade longer than the pre-sale, it's all up in the air right now. (but as the physics test I am about to have in a half hour has taught me during prep, what goes up must come down (specifically multiplied by the magnitude of acceleration due to gravity over time) and it sounds like it's gonna make some people happy whenever that is).

Side note, don't drop your Aurisonics gear, it may have adverse effects

Granted, I was only selling the the asg-1 to pursue the asg-2 and only became concerned with this whole "epic" event. Ha, I didn't want to miss out. For some reason I thought there might be issues with upgrading (cost, production) so figured I would beat the crowded sales market. oops! Oh well, I am sure I will be quite happy with the asg-2. And can't wait.

Dec 5, 2012 at 12:19 AM Post #2,184 of 6,413
Quote:

[size=medium]I believe others have answered the question about bass response compared to the GR07, I would only just add I have the GR07 with of course "custom tips" and to me ours even with silicon tips is much more pronounced, full and intense without being overbearing. Of course I may be a little one sided but I try to be honest about what I hear.[/size]

[size=medium]Size and weight, they may be around 3 mils thicker overall with plating added. Weight we need a grams scale in house to quantify that so I will order one and find out for sure. Since they are metalized they do weigh more for sure but not a crazy amount. I would say not enough weight to invoke the physics of inertia when jumping up and down or running enough to dislodge them more than they would otherwise. The memory wire and slightly deeper fit will help keep them in nicely.[/size]

Dec 5, 2012 at 12:28 AM Post #2,185 of 6,413
Dale - I believe it's been mentioned that you had a difficult decision to make in regards to what type of technology to incorporate into the AS(G)-2, because at one point I do recall the AS-2 being teased as using a dual dynamic driver setup. I know you had your heart set on a second dynamic driver until these BAs you got your hands on changed your mind. Am I right in assuming that these "next gen" BAs are of a proprietary design? Can they be found in any other currently offered phones? I'm assuming they definitely aren't a dual set of TWFKs, because some who have heard it said the treble extension is highly capable and TWFKs do roll off 

Dec 5, 2012 at 12:28 AM Post #2,186 of 6,413
Hi,

I'm new around here. Looking around for my first ciem.
I've come to the heir 4a. But would like to get impressions on the AS-2.
I'm looking for a neutral sounding iem as i'm planning to go into sound engineering and i'll be able to use it.

Thanks
Nao

Dec 5, 2012 at 12:32 AM Post #2,187 of 6,413
Quote:
[size=medium]I believe others have answered the question about bass response compared to the GR07, I would only just add I have the GR07 with of course "custom tips" and to me ours even with silicon tips is much more pronounced, full and intense without being overbearing. Of course I may be a little one sided but I try to be honest about what I hear.[/size]

[size=medium]Size and weight, they may be around 3 mils thicker overall with plating added. Weight we need a grams scale in house to quantify that so I will order one and find out for sure. Since they are metalized they do weigh more for sure but not a crazy amount. I would say not enough weight to invoke the physics of inertia when jumping up and down or running enough to dislodge them more than they would otherwise. The memory wire and slightly deeper fit will help keep them in nicely.[/size]

Thanks so much for the clear and prompt answer. You really are one of the most customer friendly companies on head-fi. 

Dec 5, 2012 at 12:49 AM Post #2,188 of 6,413
Quote:
Hi,
I'm new around here. Looking around for my first ciem.
I've come to the heir 4a. But would like to get impressions on the AS-2.
I'm looking for a neutral sounding iem as i'm planning to go into sound engineering and i'll be able to use it.
Thanks
Nao

Sound engineering? Etymotic ER4S.

Dec 5, 2012 at 1:13 AM Post #2,189 of 6,413
He asked about sound engineering, on an Aurisonics thread. I would advise going with the AS-2's. Not so much the ASG-2 as if you are going for long term use and are using them for work you will be happier with a full fledged custom in the long run. 

The AS-2's are quite well balanced and have some great qualities to them that you can hear even as someone not in the business, of how revealing and precise they can be at audio playback. They are meant for music professionals and I think it's easy to see why when you take a listen.
Quote:
Sound engineering? Etymotic ER4S.

Dec 5, 2012 at 1:25 AM Post #2,190 of 6,413
Thanks for the replies! Took a little look at the er4s too. My beef is that it diesnt come with a detachable cable.

I've read a bit of the thread and saw that the AS-2 has a bit of treble boost? I guess i could live with that but are the bass and mids accurate?

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back