Fender IEM (Aurisonics) Impressions, Reviews & Discussions Thread
Dec 4, 2012 at 4:02 PM Post #2,161 of 6,413
Quote:
[size=10pt]Springtree (One of our outstanding dealers) does list the ability to upgrade from 1.0 to 1.2 but all product always goes through us for upgrades. [/size]
[size=10pt]If you have the ASG-1 and want the ASG-2 we have something quite epic for you coming so don't sell off your ASG-1 keep it and don't buy the ASG-2 on Friday. That is unless you want to have both...[/size]

Will this "something quite epic" be available to those who purchased their ASG-1s used?  I know there are a lot of well-loved second-hand ASG-1s around since the first few revisions were rather polarizing and most early adopter-abandoners passed along the original promotional pricing...

Dec 4, 2012 at 4:11 PM Post #2,162 of 6,413
I think everyone should take that statement as it is. I would assume Aurisonics wouldn't make a blanket encompassing statement about ASG-1 owners if they were gonna exclude second hand owners. now those third handers....those guys are screwed.....(just kidding, had to have a little fun but seriously, a good many people around here have second hand ASG-1's I'm sur they arent gonna exclude the majority from something said to be "epic"
Quote:

Will this "something quite epic" be available to those who purchased their ASG-1s used?  I know there are a lot of well-loved second-hand ASG-1s around since the first few revisions were rather polarizing and most early adopter-abandoners passed along the original promotional pricing...

Dec 4, 2012 at 4:34 PM Post #2,163 of 6,413
Quote:
I think everyone should take that statement as it is. I would assume Aurisonics wouldn't make a blanket encompassing statement about ASG-1 owners if they were gonna exclude second hand owners. now those third handers....those guys are screwed.....(just kidding, had to have a little fun but seriously, a good many people around here have second hand ASG-1's I'm sur they arent gonna exclude the majority from something said to be "epic"

[size=10pt]kenman345 is correct we will make sure we take care of everyone who owns an ASG-1 (Rev 1.0-1.2) with the program we are going to announce and it does not matter if you are the original owner or the fifth. Of course we will have some stipulations and this will not apply to any other product. Also, our rules moving forward for warranty repairs and any future upgrades will be different after this program so please take advantage of it when it is announced.[/size]

Dec 4, 2012 at 4:41 PM Post #2,164 of 6,413
Quote:
Good point, thanks for pointing that out. You can use email as well use the following:

Email orders can be placed as well with properly documented order. Please use our website to look up options (will make pricing and options avaialbe online) you would like and list in your email as well as your full name and contact information. We will then send you a PayPal invoice to pay for your order or contact you for CC info. Please email your order info to in-ear@aurisonics.com

We are about to announce another set of options for the ASG-2 which will be available for the pre-order.

That's great and fast customer service :)

Dec 4, 2012 at 4:52 PM Post #2,165 of 6,413
Quote:
I've heard the prototype.. in a nutshell, the AS-2 is much more neutral than the ASG-1 (less sweet/midrange focused) as far as signature is concerned.  Treble was impeccably detailed & very natural sounding (I'm talking decay and & texturing.. treble didn't sound metallic or synthetic).. despite it coming from a pair of BAs.  Dale mentioned this as being quite important to him & I'd say he really nailed it.  The AS-2 midrange isn't as dry as the ASG-1's midrange.. but better balanced in terms of tone.  The bass was simply phenomenal.  Again, neutral.. but possessing unreal dynamics and precision.  Very effortless.  You can look at my gear (in my sig) and get a general idea of what kind of sound I like.  The AS-2 fits my sound preference to a T.

Talking with Dale the last couple of days.. it's definitely safe to say the AS-2 has gotten even better since I heard the prototype.

Is this in comparison to the Rev 1.0, 1.1, or 1.2?  I know I had the 1.0 or 1.1 for a little while and will agree it was mid-centric.  The 1.2 is far from midcentric though, more bass oriented over anything :p 

Quote:

That's great and fast customer service :)

It's Aurisonics, get used to it :) 

Dec 4, 2012 at 5:16 PM Post #2,166 of 6,413
thanks for all of the very helpful info Dale, great to see you posting here in the trenches where alot of us Head-Fiers call/feel at home!
redface.gif
 keep up the great work, viva la Dale!

Dec 4, 2012 at 5:22 PM Post #2,167 of 6,413
Dale is quickly turning Aurisonics into one of the most customer friendly companies here on head-fi! Thanks for all your comments and updates.

Dec 4, 2012 at 5:33 PM Post #2,169 of 6,413
At least you're not finding out after the sale. That wouldn't have sat well around here. Not exactly Aurisonics fault for you selling your ASG-1's. That was a personal choice. But you will probably enjoy getting a whole new set instead of whatever the upgrade option is. You might end up having to wait for the upgrade longer than the pre-sale, it's all up in the air right now. (but as the physics test I am about to have in a half hour has taught me during prep, what goes up must come down (specifically multiplied by the magnitude of acceleration due to gravity over time) and it sounds like it's gonna make some people happy whenever that is).
Quote:

Wish I had that bit of info more than 3 days before the sale :frowning2:  Guess I will just have to get a new set. :)

Side note, don't drop your Aurisonics gear, it may have adverse effects

Dec 4, 2012 at 5:47 PM Post #2,171 of 6,413
$500? Exactly what I had expected. Very nice. If these are indeed able to compete with phones like the Miracle, UERM, K3003 et al. Aurisonics is going to shake things up in an absolutely monumental way

Dec 4, 2012 at 6:24 PM Post #2,172 of 6,413
So let me get this right......AS 2 is the Custom IEM.......ye?
This is not yet finished? ....Still tweaking? or have since tweaked it further? Kinda confused here.
Does Kenman not already own AS 2.........so now these will be different to his ....In which way please?

But of course I could be track in my assumptions.

Dec 4, 2012 at 7:21 PM Post #2,174 of 6,413
So let me get this right......AS 2 is the Custom IEM.......ye?
This is not yet finished? ....Still tweaking? or have since tweaked it further? Kinda confused here.
Does Kenman not already own AS 2.........so now these will be different to his ....In which way please?

But of course I could be track in my assumptions.

The AS-2 is the custom IEM.. the ASG-2 is the "universal IEM" version of the AS-2 (the ASG-2 has the same drivers & internals.. but it doesn't have the AS-2's adjustable bass port or custom fit).

The AS-2 is now a finished product.  What I was referencing a few posts back was the AS-2 prototype that Dale passed around to a few Head-Fi'ers.  This was when the AS-2 was still in the tweaking/development phase.  The overall signature and intended sound of the prototype I heard has remained the same.. but it's been improved in a few ways, per Dale.  I'm not sure if Kenman's AS-2 is the exact same as the AS-2 that is soon being released to the masses.. but I bet it's very close in terms of sound.  He might have even sent his AS-2 back to Dale to get tweaked to match the RTM AS-2.

Dec 4, 2012 at 7:44 PM Post #2,175 of 6,413
Quote:

The AS-2 is the custom IEM.. the ASG-2 is the "universal IEM" version of the AS-2 (the ASG-2 has the same drivers & internals.. but it doesn't have the AS-2's adjustable bass port or custom fit).

The AS-2 is now a finished product.  What I was referencing a few posts back was the AS-2 prototype that Dale passed around to a few Head-Fi'ers.  This was when the AS-2 was still in the tweaking/development phase.  The overall signature and intended sound of the prototype I heard has remained the same.. but it's been improved in a few ways, per Dale.  I'm not sure if Kenman's AS-2 is the exact same as the AS-2 that is soon being released to the masses.. but I bet it's very close in terms of sound.  He might have even sent his AS-2 back to Dale to get tweaked to match the RTM AS-2.

[size=10pt]kenman345 got an AS-2 pre-release fully pimped out before the rest of the world did because he was such a nice guy and from his questions I knew he would be a superfan of Aurisonics. He still asks great questions and passes information to the forum even when we are preoccupied with things.[/size]

[size=10pt]The AS-2 (custom) sound signature has not changed since the release in July at Summer NAMM. The prototype generic version of the AS-2 is what Flysweep and others heard months ago. We tweaked things a bit more of course and have put all the enhancements in the ASG-2 (generic fit) from what we learned from many people including audiophiles, musicians, dealers, reps, friends, existing customers, and fellow head-fier's. [/size]

[size=10pt]We did not call it the "Get Your BASS on" contest for nothing. That does not by any means mean the ASG-2 is just a bass monster, it covers the full spectrum quite nice...[/size]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back