Fender IEM (Aurisonics) Impressions, Reviews & Discussions Thread
Jan 15, 2022 at 11:54 PM Post #6,376 of 6,413
0.75mm diy pin nowadays practically unheard of and not even in aliexpress. Those spares I had don’t match Fenders at all.

Alternative, may need to file it but damage is high. Done it, so better avoid.

Jan 16, 2022 at 12:02 AM Post #6,377 of 6,413
0.75mm diy pin nowadays practically unheard of and not even in aliexpress. Those spares I had don’t match Fenders at all.

Alternative, may need to file it but damage is high. Done it, so better avoid.
Managed to find 0.75 balance cable. But no sure if it will match. The fender socket is recessed and w a notch. Don't like the original cable cos it's very stiff. If the one I ordered fits ilet u know. They have all configuration w 0.75 pin comparw Lola the soundstage is indeed small. But it pairs well w m3x dap.w Lola it's too warm sounding. For abt USD 280 new. They are quite good.

Last edited:
Jan 16, 2022 at 12:39 AM Post #6,378 of 6,413
Yes, my diy pins are non-recess. Agree that the stock is stiff. It could be either made of Tinsel or thinned copper. Would be interested in diy recess pins than cables.

Attachments

• 15AB09AD-8312-44B2-8627-4A7A003C2233.jpeg
    15AB09AD-8312-44B2-8627-4A7A003C2233.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 0
Jan 16, 2022 at 10:30 PM Post #6,379 of 6,413
You bought yours from TC Accoustic?

For me, Ten5 did it for me with better balance SQ and bass respond though mids was a little lean but compensated by its clarify. Treble was actually the standout that captured my ears back in 2018 when I was hunting for a hybrid to complement my alien looking Elecom EHP SH-1000 LE- a pleasing organic and dynamic sounding 2xDD but with roll off treble. Well, Ten5 is going for less than 1k now versus 1.6k I paid back then. My biggest remorse I had was it used a proprietary 0.75mm pins which I had overlook during the demo. May be too engrossed by the treble…lol. Anyway, it’s a keeper and the stock cable was not bad either, which stayed till today.

Ten6 bass was too overwhelming and too centrestage for my ears. But it was not cheap back then.
Ten3 soundstage was a little smallish and not as powerful sounding as Ten5 for a dynamic bass IEM.
got ten3 from cash convertor. brand new. was waiting for my daughter and happened to see it on display. tested it. was surpised how nice it sounded. so bought it. ( but wasnt thinking that it can be anywhere better that the Lola)

did about an hour of A/B comparison with my JH lola. ( not really a fair one as ten 3 was on 3.5 but lola on 4.4 balanced w a shaning m3x.

both sound about equal in terms of loudness with tne 3 at 30 and lola at 28 with high gain)
after about an hour, i dont want to say this but i actually prefer the ten3 to the lola!
-soundstage wise lola has better depth width but ten3 is not so fair off that i misses the lola soundstage
-bass wise lola hits harder and deeper and greater qunatity too. but quality wise ten3 is all there. again i dont miss anything from the lola here.
-mids..i love the lola mids..but i am surprised by the subtleties with ten3...i actually love the mids of the ten3 more although lola has greater texture. mids were more engaging with the ten3.
-highs wise lola has more. and for some songs i it becomes sibiliant. definitely can hear more with the lola. but not better.

overall i am all in for the ten3. tempting to see the sale price of ten5 now at TC acoustics.
now waiting for the 0.75 balanced cable to come. great iem..the ten3. love it

Actually last year i was thinking of getting a new iem. Tried Andromeda, fiio FH7..a couple of others. at the end i decided to stick to Lola cost none of those were more enjoyable than the Lola. didnt try Fender cos i thought woud stick to audio brands ad didnt think a guitar brand could produce anything decent in terms of IEM....hahaha..so wrong!!!

Last edited:
Jan 22, 2022 at 7:07 PM Post #6,381 of 6,413
Hi all,
I have a Thirteen 6 in mint condition (all acessories except the huge box). Posted some impressions in this thread a while ago.
PM if you're interested
Thks
Hihi, can share how it compares to ten3 or other items? I am still interested. Have a balanced cable coming in 2weeks. Now that I can get cables to replace the stiff OEM cable..I am interested. Thanks

Jan 27, 2022 at 4:50 AM Post #6,386 of 6,413
download (1).jpeg

Does anyone know what is Aurisonics asg-22 ??

Jan 27, 2022 at 10:13 AM Post #6,388 of 6,413
What are ASG-2.2? Still, have 15mm driver? or 14mm like ASG-2.5?

What's the difference between those three?

Last edited:
Jan 27, 2022 at 6:28 PM Post #6,389 of 6,413
Can we still send our Aurisonics back to Nashville for repair?

I have a pair of ASG 2.5's that need a driver fixed...

Anyone know the correct address?
Did they fix your ASG-2.5?

Jan 27, 2022 at 6:30 PM Post #6,390 of 6,413
I have a ASG - 2.2
What are ASG-2.2? Still, have 15mm driver? or 14mm like ASG-2.5?

What's the difference between those three?

Ok found the answer myself.

"In the real world (public) the model is simply called ASG-2 - Stealth."

"The ASG-2 and the ASG-22 are the same. The 22 version is the color identifier meaning "Stealth Finish" on the ASG-2. Each color has a model designator for our distributors so they can identify it easier."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back