Fender IEM (Aurisonics) Impressions, Reviews & Discussions Thread
Apr 28, 2018 at 1:45 PM Post #6,181 of 6,413
The bass from FXA5 does not have a good texture? He is slow? More drivers means nothing, certainly there are also models with 5 drivers per page the bad sound quality is important. The vote and, of course, also the technical parts in the housing, the technical capabilities of the manufacturer. there are the fxa5 now for 150€. The Massdrop drop plusUniversal IEM is not available. but it looks interesting. are the compensated measurements on the Massdrop drop homepage from the universal IEM??

Apr 28, 2018 at 1:54 PM Post #6,182 of 6,413
JH audio just released the new Billie Jean with Astell & Kern. $350 for a dual BA in ear. Jerry said that thanks to sound tuning and some venting and she’ll constuxtiin he now can do with 2 drivers what needed 3 drivers previously. So hey, who knows....

Also the Massdrop Noble X has 2 drivers only and packs quite some punch in the bass department.

Edit: but I totally agree that two BAs will never generate the bass that aurisonics and fenders are usually known for.

Cheers.

Apr 28, 2018 at 2:56 PM Post #6,184 of 6,413
The bass from FXA5 does not have a good texture? He is slow? More drivers means nothing, certainly there are also models with 5 drivers per page the bad sound quality is important. The vote and, of course, also the technical parts in the housing, the technical capabilities of the manufacturer. there are the fxa5 now for 150€. The Massdrop drop plusUniversal IEM is not available. but it looks interesting. are the compensated measurements on the Massdrop drop homepage from the universal IEM??

What I mean is, that with the FXA5 limited to just 2 drivers, it is just incapable to deliver the bass that one would expect. Even as a dual BA drivers IEM, the FXA5 is a bit of a disappointment when it comes to the impression it makes, especially when compared with others with similar offerings like the UM PRO 20.

Don't get me wrong, I do love Aurisonics/Fender. But I do sincerely think that the FXA5 is not really worth the 150 Euros you're paying it for, especially when Fender is about to refresh their lineup in a few months.

And yes, the charts you're looking at on Massdrop's page are the Plus Universal IEMs' comparison with Andromeda as reference.

Hope I didn't misinterpret your message! :)

Apr 28, 2018 at 3:48 PM Post #6,185 of 6,413
Unless your just set on Fender the F9 Pro from Fiio is a much better IEM than the Fxa5. Better lows, richer mids and better high end. Its dynamic low driver and 2 Knowles BA.

Haven't heard the FXA9, but the FXA5 is way over priced, IMHO probably should be closer to the $100 mark. The fit for me though was near perfect.

If you're going to go with Fender, go with the FXA7. Very good sound, nice tight low end, great mids, and just enough up top to keep it exciting.

Apr 28, 2018 at 3:56 PM Post #6,186 of 6,413
Okay, you have convinced me. However, the design I find very nice ergonomic. there are similar models on the market?
Light to medium bass high stresses, relaxed, neutral in the middle. i would try the Alclair Curve Universal IEM, but the shipping costs one-fifth of the purchase price to Germany.
The F9 Pro has unfortunately to strengthen a high peak would be the B400 may be worth considering.

Apr 28, 2018 at 4:13 PM Post #6,187 of 6,413
Okay, you have convinced me. However, the design I find very nice ergonomic. there are similar models on the market?
Light to medium bass high stresses, relaxed, neutral in the middle. i would try the Alclair Curve Universal IEM, but the shipping costs one-fifth of the purchase price to Germany.
The F9 Pro has unfortunately to strengthen a high peak would be the B400 may be worth considering.

What are you using now? Like I said the FXA7 is very good. The F9 Pro fixed the F9's treble spike.

Apr 29, 2018 at 12:01 PM Post #6,190 of 6,413
I second that FXA7 is very good. I wonder why there hasn't been more exposure to this model

There were a lot of posts about the FXA7 many pages back lol
Guess it's just because we've got more attractive offerings haha

Apr 29, 2018 at 2:05 PM Post #6,191 of 6,413
I second that FXA7 is very good. I wonder why there hasn't been more exposure to this model
Because they're a step back from the latest Aurisonics offerings (especially in the mids area, more recessed than ASG 2.0 and 2.5), because they're expensive, because the mmcx connectors were crapping out on all the demo models I tested, and the gold paint finish is ugly and doesn't last very long on the edges.

Honestly, Fender just streamlined Aurisonics models while maintaining high prices, with limited success so far.
FXA9 is just insanely priced for what it has to offer on paper, with extremely limited availability and no raving reviews...
Competition has produced very convincing hybrid IEMs in the sub-500$ and sub-1000$ in the mean time, so yes, Fender is not very competitive anymore.

Apr 29, 2018 at 7:06 PM Post #6,192 of 6,413
Because they're a step back from the latest Aurisonics offerings (especially in the mids area, more recessed than ASG 2.0 and 2.5), because they're expensive, because the mmcx connectors were crapping out on all the demo models I tested, and the gold paint finish is ugly and doesn't last very long on the edges.

Honestly, Fender just streamlined Aurisonics models while maintaining high prices, with limited success so far.
FXA9 is just insanely priced for what it has to offer on paper, with extremely limited availability and no raving reviews...
Competition has produced very convincing hybrid IEMs in the sub-500$ and sub-1000$ in the mean time, so yes, Fender is not very competitive anymore.
Well I feel that other much-lauded offerings like FXA9 sound very unexciting, and has that nasal quality to its mids, which is different from the direction FXA7 seemed to be going (brighter, more dynamic and exciting). FXA7 appears to be a compelling choice during BF sales

May 1, 2018 at 9:09 AM Post #6,194 of 6,413
New models coming up. Seems like these are destined to be for the Hong Kong market first.

https://www.hk01.com/數碼生活/183703/fender-ten-5-thirteen-6-美國客製cm耳機正式推出

Article is in chinese.

For those who can't read Chinese, the two brand new Custom IEMs that Fender just announced are called "TEN 5" and "THIRTEEN 6" respectively.

TEN 5 will come with 5 drivers: a 10mm HDD dynamic driver, 2 amateur drivers for mids and 2 a amateur drivers for highs.

THIRTEEN 6 will be coming with 7 drivers: a 13mm HDD dynamic driver, 2 amateur drivers for mids, 2 for highs and 2 for ultra-high frequencies.

TEN 5 will cost ~12800HKD (1630USD) and THIRTEEN 6 will cost ~17800HKD (2270USD). Fender will be reforming their lineup this year with 7 models in total, and the TEN 5 and THIRTEEN 6 are the two out of the seven in the reformed lineup that are customizable.

(Not sure if I'm even using the terms correctly, just a rough translation so forgive me lol)

Last edited:
May 13, 2018 at 3:38 PM Post #6,195 of 6,413
Was able to purchase an FXA9 at a great price, had listen to the FXA11 at e Earphone in Japan and it was quite a great sounding IEM. However I had already purchased an Hyla CE 5 and had to limit my spend.

In any case I allowed the unit to burn in for 75 hrs. Paired up with the Hiby R6 and used Spin Fit (Yellow) with them and these have taken a place as one of the 3 on my rotation.

I tried these with an Onkyo DP 1A, LG V30 and found them average,However when I changed the tip and used the Hiby OH MY what a change the unit sound signature changes dramatically. It becomes super exciting and the detail retrieval increases quite a lot.

After spending some time I found a You Tube channel in which a person reviewed these and made the side comment that he had to use an amp and also noticed that these are extremely source dependent , while FXA7 and FXA 11 are not.

Tried also changing cable , but kept the stock as I found that it really allowed mid and highs complement themselves well

This was a discovery for me , never expected this pairing to really impress me.

Hopefully others will give these another review with different sources

Users who are viewing this thread

Back