Fender IEM (Aurisonics) Impressions, Reviews & Discussions Thread
Aug 10, 2016 at 10:06 AM Post #5,673 of 6,413
Huh, I'm actually surprised to hear people describing the fxa7's mids as distant, because that's not the case of the harmony at all. Still some of the best vocals I've heard.

That really isn't the case at all. Through a strange turn of events, I happen to have both the Harmony (one nozzle broken) and FXA7 on hand. I can assure you that the FXA7's signature is pretty similar to the Harmony: the great mids, full bass remain, but (as was the intention with the re-tuning) the treble made more palatable. This isn't to say that they're dark at all - just less prominent / in the forefront than before.

Personally, I prefer the old Harmonys because I enjoyed the energetic treble, but I can understand the thinking behind the revised Fender  tuning. It probably suits the present market more, where smooth yet clear trebles are preferred.

Aug 10, 2016 at 11:05 AM Post #5,674 of 6,413
Ah alright, wondering what with the differing impressions. Issue of sealing maybe? I always found the harmony one of the trickier ones I've had when it comes to getting the right seal initially.

But yeah, distant mids is kind of the opposite of how I would describe the sound.

Aug 10, 2016 at 1:37 PM Post #5,675 of 6,413
I know the fit of the aurisonics and now fenders is usually marvelous. This maybe a stupid question but, has anyone experienced any driver flex with them?
Just out of curiosity. I've been looking at them at a long time now. I would like the FXA6 but it seems really expensive and the FXA2 may correspond to a better value/quality ratio 
smily_headphones1.gif
 don't know if they differ too much from each other.

My doubts lies on the treble of those. Although i'm treble sensitive, i would like some clarity, specially on the female vocals with, of course, the best bass ever. I'm also worried about the MMCXi connectors. Why do they had to use those with so many options on the market 
frown.gif

Aug 10, 2016 at 1:59 PM Post #5,676 of 6,413

That really isn't the case at all. Through a strange turn of events, I happen to have both the Harmony (one nozzle broken) and FXA7 on hand. I can assure you that the FXA7's signature is pretty similar to the Harmony: the great mids, full bass remain, but (as was the intention with the re-tuning) the treble made more palatable. This isn't to say that they're dark at all - just less prominent / in the forefront than before.

Personally, I prefer the old Harmonys because I enjoyed the energetic treble, but I can understand the thinking behind the revised Fender  tuning. It probably suits the present market more, where smooth yet clear trebles are preferred.

I personally wouldn't classify the mids on the FXA7 as distant either. But I wouldn't classify them as too forward either... (anyone whos heard the asg-2.5's should know what forward mids sound like!) I owned the FXA2 for a month before I returned it for the FXA7's, so I heard the differences. The mids in the FXA2 are definitely more prominent and forward in my opinion to the FXA7, but I like the detail and overall sound signature of the FXA7's way more than the FXA2. To me, the FXA2 kind of lacked clarity and musical separation. But I must say, if you're a basshead, go with the FXA2. The bass was noticeably bigger than the FXA7, but not by much.

@pedronet- cough up the extra $200 for the FXA6. You'll get more clarity IMO.

Aug 10, 2016 at 4:07 PM Post #5,677 of 6,413
I know the fit of the aurisonics and now fenders is usually marvelous. This maybe a stupid question but, has anyone experienced any driver flex with them?
Just out of curiosity. I've been looking at them at a long time now. I would like the FXA6 but it seems really expensive and the FXA2 may correspond to a better value/quality ratio :)  don't know if they differ too much from each other.

My doubts lies on the treble of those. Although i'm treble sensitive, i would like some clarity, specially on the female vocals with, of course, the best bass ever. I'm also worried about the MMCXi connectors. Why do they had to use those with so many options on the market :frowning2:  

@pedronet
- cough up the extra $200 for the FXA6. You'll get more clarity IMO.

I made a post about a page or two back stating that I had both of those problems (driver flex and mmxci issues), but I had found solutions to both of those problems.

As for the fxa2 vs fxa 6. I originally purchased the fxa 2 and like it a lot. However, I found a great deal on the fxa 6 (the forte) and went with those instead. Well worth the money. There is a very good difference in quality particularly with clarity, but the bass of the fxa2 is still every bit there.

Cheers!

Aug 10, 2016 at 4:27 PM Post #5,678 of 6,413
  I tried the FXA7SE at the HKAV Show. I didn't have a pair of the normal FXA7s to compare it to, but I have tried it many times before - the SE didn't sound very different. still the same sound signature - very solid and warm sounding bass, highs are airy but take a very backseat to lows and mids. dont know why it costs 7000hkd lol

do you know if its the same dynamic driver size as the FXA7 Pro? Or is it a bigger driver? Like a 14mm or something closer to the asg 2.5?

Aug 10, 2016 at 4:28 PM Post #5,679 of 6,413
The FXA7 was more refined than FXA2 for sure, but the tonality was better on FXA2 for me, FXA7 balanced armature drivers do noting in the upper treble region, they just give more energy in the lower treble and give somewhat more spacios presentation.
On other hand the FXA2 has more forward mids and better upper treble because there is no lower treble forwardnes from the balanced armatures in FXA7 and the treble sound more natural to me, the bass on FXA2 is bigger and a little bit less conroled, but i like it a lot, very deep and powerfull bass with still good control.

Aug 10, 2016 at 5:00 PM Post #5,682 of 6,413
9.5mm, the same driver in the FXA2

Oh. I thought the driver size was 9.25mm, same as FXA6 & 7. Is the driver in the FXA2 slightly bigger than the rest??

Users who are viewing this thread

Back