Fender IEM (Aurisonics) Impressions, Reviews & Discussions Thread
May 16, 2016 at 12:27 AM Post #5,506 of 6,413
You want to grab all the 2.5 in the world? It's you that gave me the Aurisonics virus in the first place, btw, if you remember on some other thread. :beerchug: They better be good.
Ha, not all just five 2.5s.

May 16, 2016 at 1:23 AM Post #5,508 of 6,413
I was turned off by the initial negative impressions about the new aurisonics (pre fender) line up, but it seems I may have been mistake. They are still quite good right?

I think it's because they didn't have a replacement for the 2.5 which I feel is nearly unique in the iem world.

I haven't much impressions of the fender stuff at all really. People say it's mostly the same as the bravo line.

May 16, 2016 at 9:50 PM Post #5,510 of 6,413
I have 2 Aurisonics IEMS, 2.5 and 1PLUS. Sold Harmony because of the treble. I prefer warmer sigs. Will buy Forte soon.
Sounds like the Forte will be for you. Damn the 2.5 with The Police track, Spirits in the Material World in 24 bit flac sounding perfect!

May 17, 2016 at 4:01 AM Post #5,511 of 6,413
I have 2 Aurisonics IEMS, 2.5 and 1PLUS. Sold Harmony because of the treble. I prefer warmer sigs. Will buy Forte soon.

???

Really? I have just switched back and forth between my Harmony and the 1Plus and don't find the Harmony brighter 
blink.gif

May 17, 2016 at 4:23 AM Post #5,513 of 6,413
Does anyone know how the Westone UM Pro 50 compares to the ASG 1+ or 2.5 in terms of SQ and overall sound? Bit of a random comparison, but have a chance to get a pair waaay below RRP so wondering if it's worth it.

May 17, 2016 at 4:43 AM Post #5,514 of 6,413
Does anyone know how the Westone UM Pro 50 compares to the ASG 1+ or 2.5 in terms of SQ and overall sound? Bit of a random comparison, but have a chance to get a pair waaay below RRP so wondering if it's worth it.

I had the UMPro 50 for a few weeks. It's a love hate relationship. 

Love:
comfort - you really don't feel they are there
bass and mid range
fatigue-free (rolled off treble - but also a negative)

Hate:
rolled off treble (can be added in with EQ and makes them sound amazing)

For my tastes - I just wish they had a bit more treble sparkle. I know they are made as a "work tool" for musicians and they certainly excel at that - natural sounding on stage while being energetic and smooth, fatigue free and what' not. But I just always feel they are missing a bit of treble detail (perceived detail I might add, as they have plenty of detail)....

If you get them waaaaayyyyyy below RRP - get them!!

May 17, 2016 at 6:48 AM Post #5,515 of 6,413
I had the UMPro 50 for a few weeks. It's a love hate relationship. 

Love:
comfort - you really don't feel they are there
bass and mid range
fatigue-free (rolled off treble - but also a negative)

Hate:
rolled off treble (can be added in with EQ and makes them sound amazing)

For my tastes - I just wish they had a bit more treble sparkle. I know they are made as a "work tool" for musicians and they certainly excel at that - natural sounding on stage while being energetic and smooth, fatigue free and what' not. But I just always feel they are missing a bit of treble detail (perceived detail I might add, as they have plenty of detail)....

If you get them waaaaayyyyyy below RRP - get them!!

Couldn't resist - picked them up for £280 (about $399) open box, against RRP of about £450 here due to the joys of import tax. Too good a deal to pass up! Will see how they stack up against the 2.5 when they arrive - I tend to like smooth treble so sounds promising...

May 17, 2016 at 6:50 AM Post #5,516 of 6,413
Couldn't resist - picked them up for £280 (about $399) open box, against RRP of about £450 here due to the joys of import tax. Too good a deal to pass up! Will see how they stack up against the 2.5 when they arrive - I tend to like smooth treble so sounds promising...

For that price I would have bought them too!!

Congrats, great buy!

May 17, 2016 at 7:32 AM Post #5,517 of 6,413

Interested in this comparison too.
I've just grabbed a 2.5, but was considering W50, which has supposedly even smoother treble than UM Pro 50.

May 17, 2016 at 7:45 AM Post #5,518 of 6,413

Interested in this comparison too.
I've just grabbed a 2.5, but was considering W50, which has supposedly even smoother treble than UM Pro 50.

They don't arrive until next week so will pop something up on here after that if I remember. Working through a stack of IEMs at the moment, but keep coming back to the 2.5s. The Cardas A8s have come closest to making me think about moving on from the ASG as my king of bass and mids, but not quite. We'll see how Westone fare!

May 17, 2016 at 11:13 AM Post #5,519 of 6,413
Thanks for all replies, you've been very helpful guys. I'm pondering between 2.5 and Harmony now.

I'll ask this way:
- Which of them will be a better upgrade over IE80, maintaining the same bass quantity but refining the mids (in case you heard/researched IE80)
- What are your preferred music genres for 2.5 and Harmony? Which you would prefer for heavy metal?

I'd also like to hear what others think of the Forte vs. IE80.

May 17, 2016 at 11:15 AM Post #5,520 of 6,413

Users who are viewing this thread

Back