Fender IEM (Aurisonics) Impressions, Reviews & Discussions Thread
May 12, 2016 at 10:10 AM Post #5,461 of 6,413

Nice - I am officially jealous! :wink:

Been waiting for someone to post some impressions on these for ages - are they on sale over there now or was that a loaner/review pair from Fender(Sonics)? From your impressions, just have one question - is the bass more like the Rockets (neutral-ish but extended), or is it lighter again?

Review pair from Fender :)  I haven't heard the rockets before sorry.

The bass is every so slightly above neutral, but very well extended. The bass is distinct but not emphasized, its well textured and dry, not emphasized but easy to pick out if you know what I mean.
IEM does feel mid focussed to me but its a bit early for anything definitive. Need to trip roll etc, play with different sources.

May 12, 2016 at 10:36 AM Post #5,462 of 6,413

Review pair from Fender :)  I haven't heard the rockets before sorry.

The bass is every so slightly above neutral, but very well extended. The bass is distinct but not emphasized, its well textured and dry, not emphasized but easy to pick out if you know what I mean.
IEM does feel mid focussed to me but its a bit early for anything definitive. Need to trip roll etc, play with different sources.

Sounds good. Already having the definitive bass cannon from Aurisonics in my collection (the 2.5), I was hoping the FXA5 would go more towards their mid-centric sound, just with enough bass to make it listenable so it would be a good alternative for more acoustic/less bass prominent stuff. Sounds a little like they got the tuning they were aiming for with the Eva right this time round - looking forward to your final verdict once you have had a chance to give them a proper rundown.

May 12, 2016 at 12:46 PM Post #5,463 of 6,413

Sounds good. Already having the definitive bass cannon from Aurisonics in my collection (the 2.5), I was hoping the FXA5 would go more towards their mid-centric sound, just with enough bass to make it listenable so it would be a good alternative for more acoustic/less bass prominent stuff. Sounds a little like they got the tuning they were aiming for with the Eva right this time round - looking forward to your final verdict once you have had a chance to give them a proper rundown.

It is rather mid focussed, because its the midrange that grabs my interest the most, the bass isn't great for bass heavy genres, going for quality over quantity. And the highs are there but smooth but extended. No crazy micro detailing there.

May 12, 2016 at 12:57 PM Post #5,464 of 6,413
It is rather mid focussed, because its the midrange that grabs my interest the most, the bass isn't great for bass heavy genres, going for quality over quantity. And the highs are there but smooth but extended. No crazy micro detailing there.

Nice Tamal! How's bass quantity compared to the Havi's?

May 12, 2016 at 1:51 PM Post #5,466 of 6,413
It has more bass than the Havi, but especially when it comes to mid bass, but then again thats not saying much is it :wink:

LOL, you know I'm pretty happy with the Havi's :wink: Sounds interesting though, I'm intrigued....

May 12, 2016 at 9:22 PM Post #5,467 of 6,413
The FXA5 Pro is so intimate and seductive. Female vocals sound so damn good, which confuses me because it doesn't have that upper midrange and treble peak that usually helps with female vocals. So damn seductive..

Smooth and seductive. Should be the tagline haha

May 13, 2016 at 6:24 AM Post #5,469 of 6,413
Welcome to the aurisonics house sound. People think bass but to me aurisonics is also all about vocals.

+1 - I think I have heard 6 different models from their ASG and Bravo series and while done had neutral or minimal bass (Rockets and Eva), all of them were great for vocals. It's a beautiful piece of tuning I wish more companies could emulate.

May 13, 2016 at 8:31 AM Post #5,470 of 6,413
Anyone know when the FXA units are actually going on sale? Still on pre-order on all the UK sites, but the date keeps getting pushed back.

May 13, 2016 at 9:40 AM Post #5,472 of 6,413
I should have the FXA6 on Wednesday. Can't wait
smily_headphones1.gif

Nice  look forward to hearing the initial impressions. Where did you order that from, or is it a review sample? 

May 14, 2016 at 7:50 AM Post #5,474 of 6,413
Agreed. The Eva is said to be a more mid focused, while the Shure se215 LTD will be bassy. I've owned the original se215 for a long time. I think you should go with the Shure.

It's hard to fault the 215. It does a lot well for the money you pay. I never heard the LTD and only owned the original, but I heard that they increased the bass response in the LTD. 

If you're seeking bass and can stretch the budget a little bit, the AS kicker AKA Fender FXA2 is a pretty rockin IEM for the price. 

My experience with the 215 is quite different and I think it's best features are isolation and comfort more than sound. To me the 215's sounds dark, congested and with more mid bass than sub bass. If one is looking for a warm and smooth sound the SHOZY Zero at half the price is a much better performer in my opinion. YMMV and I'm sure it will, I'm just offering my opinion.......

Hi there - if you listen to a lot of bass heavy music like hip hop, you will need to seriously EQ the Eva in order to get the bass out of it to make those genres enjoyable as it's default rubbing is very bass-light. It's more concentrated on the mid range, so can sound quite thin (from memory, it's been a while since I had these in my possession). Never heard any of the Shure range, but pretty much any of the other old Aurisonics models offer significantly more bass "out of the box" than the Eva. Hope that helps!

Thanks guys for your input. Actually, I'm not a basshead. My current iem now is zero audio tenore.. So I just need the bass to there without any rumble. Previously, I owned 215 but I'm missing the treble so much. It become dull for my taste. That's why maybe Eva will suit my taste or otherwise I will try 215 special edition.
Moreover, how about the comfort fit in Eva? Is it good compare to 215? I'm curious about their claim on 3D printing based on many type of customer ear. Any idea? Thanks.

May 14, 2016 at 1:46 PM Post #5,475 of 6,413
I doubt the LTD se215 will have the treble you seek. Plus the bass will be more than what your after.

As far as fit goes, the Eva is not included in the 3d aurisonics ear scans fit thing. I believe all the rest of the bravo line is though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back