Fender IEM (Aurisonics) Impressions, Reviews & Discussions Thread
Oct 9, 2015 at 11:33 PM Post #3,901 of 6,413
Hi,

Is the Cayin N5 DAP strong enough to push ASG-2.5's?  This is the DAP I'm very interested in.  Was gonna get a Fiio X3ii but too many complaints about UI.  If N5 is not strong enough to push 2.5's.  Please recommend a DAP.  Budget is $500.  I DO NOT WANT A DAC/AMP, I HATE STACKING.  
All daps are good enough but adding an amp will bring out the full potential of 2.5. Amping is not about raising the volume its about getting more from the iem.

Oct 9, 2015 at 11:44 PM Post #3,902 of 6,413
Okay.  I will try an amp.  Was looking around and was thinking of getting the Fiio E18.  Is that a good amp?  Would like to buy an arrow 5tx but don't want to wait or pay $400.  If E18 is not a good amp, please recommend something in the sub $200 range.  Thanks.

Oct 9, 2015 at 11:50 PM Post #3,903 of 6,413
Okay.  I will try an amp.  Was looking around and was thinking of getting the Fiio E18.  Is that a good amp?  Would like to buy an arrow 5tx but don't want to wait or pay $400.  If E18 is not a good amp, please recommend something in the sub $200 range.  Thanks.
Fiio ampsvare known to be warm so take that in consideration. The Headstage Arrow amp is more neutral and open sounding plus its tiny. Oppo amp is neutral as well. You might want to go with the Oppo amp cause it can be bought right away,the Arrow takes a lot of time to get one.

Oct 9, 2015 at 11:54 PM Post #3,904 of 6,413
Hi,

Is the Cayin N5 DAP strong enough to push ASG-2.5's?  This is the DAP I'm very interested in.  Was gonna get a Fiio X3ii but too many complaints about UI.  If N5 is not strong enough to push 2.5's.  Please recommend a DAP.  Budget is $500.  I DO NOT WANT A DAC/AMP, I HATE STACKING.  

I think at your budget, I'd recommend a Lotoo PAW5000. I haven't heard anything in that price range that has beaten it.

Oct 10, 2015 at 4:17 AM Post #3,905 of 6,413
how does aurisonics kicker sound with iphone 5c or iphones?

Oct 10, 2015 at 7:01 AM Post #3,907 of 6,413
Anyone with the harmony can rate the bass quantity vs the 2.5? Mostly listen 1/4 way on the bass dial.
Harmonys bass is a bit more than half open on the 2.5 but the mids and treble are clearer. Also I use with amp.

Oct 10, 2015 at 7:03 AM Post #3,908 of 6,413
Well, ****, better mids and highs makes me tempted now, because I love the mids on the 2.5, especially the vocals. Also while I like the relaxed presentation of 2.5's highs my preference is still more quantity than what the 2.5 gives.

If my local supplier has it I might contemplate selling my 2.5s to get this...

A bit more esoteric but how would you rate the note thickness of the harmony? I love the lush presentation of the 2.5.

Oct 10, 2015 at 7:32 AM Post #3,909 of 6,413
Well, ****, better mids and highs makes me tempted now, because I love the mids on the 2.5, especially the vocals. Also while I like the relaxed presentation of 2.5's highs my preference is still more quantity than what the 2.5 gives.

If my local supplier has it I might contemplate selling my 2.5s to get this...

A bit more esoteric but how would you rate the note thickness of the harmony? I love the lush presentation of the 2.5.
I like the 2.5 and dislike the 2.0. The Harmony cleaned up the mids and extended the Treble. The Treble is similar to the K10 Treble. Bass is strong and deep and pounds but now on the Harmony the mids and treble do get more attention. The Forte has one BA Driver which improves the mids compared with the 2.5 but focus stays a bit more on the bass than the treble.

Oct 10, 2015 at 7:37 AM Post #3,910 of 6,413
Best to have both a 2.5 and Harmony.

Oct 10, 2015 at 12:26 PM Post #3,912 of 6,413
I like the 2.5 and dislike the 2.0. The Harmony cleaned up the mids and extended the Treble. The Treble is similar to the K10 Treble. Bass is strong and deep and pounds but now on the Harmony the mids and treble do get more attention. The Forte has one BA Driver which improves the mids compared with the 2.5 but focus stays a bit more on the bass than the treble.

I would like to add on to this by saying the bass doesn't overwhelm the mids and highs. When you hear it the sound is presented very evenly across the entire sound spectrum. I guess this is why it's called Harmony.

Oct 10, 2015 at 11:08 PM Post #3,913 of 6,413
ye i believe thats why it is called like that

Oct 11, 2015 at 1:44 PM Post #3,914 of 6,413
I've been debating the purchase of the Forte for a week, a few things hold me back. First being isolation, at work I've been using Klipsch x10s and they do pretty well, almost as good as the Shure 535s. The failing of the Shures is the fiddly fitment. Its the connector mostly. You know the drill: take it out unsnap it and reattach. The bass presentation isn't bad but lacks a presence: power and impact. I've gotten used to having a subwoofer balanced with a pair of Heresy speakers. The ie8s I use are much closer in signature to what I'm looking for but leak a lot of noise in.
The 2.5s claim 26NRR and Forte specs say Noise Attenuation - NRR 22dB, shells and tips seem identical.

Would any of the present owners comment on whether they would wear Aurisonics on the subway / tube / metro?

not a basshead, though I don't find it a slur, if music has a 20 hz tone I'd like to hear it.

Maybe I should be looking elsewhere, suggestions welcome

Users who are viewing this thread

Back