Fender IEM (Aurisonics) Impressions, Reviews & Discussions Thread
Oct 8, 2015 at 2:03 AM Post #3,887 of 6,413
It was hard picking between 2.5's, Kicker, Forte and Harmony but I pulled the trigger on the 2.5's.

I know for best performance, an amp should be used but I don't want to have a stack.

Can someone please recommend a good DAP that would be strong enough to drive the 2.5's.  My budget is around $800 for the DAP.  My priorities for the DAP is sound quality and a good user interface.  

Oct 8, 2015 at 2:16 AM Post #3,888 of 6,413
It was hard picking between 2.5's, Kicker, Forte and Harmony but I pulled the trigger on the 2.5's.

I know for best performance, an amp should be used but I don't want to have a stack.

Can someone please recommend a good DAP that would be strong enough to drive the 2.5's.  My budget is around $800 for the DAP.  My priorities for the DAP is sound quality and a good user interface.  
Get a tiny dap and get the Arrow which is as small as an Apple Nano.

Oct 8, 2015 at 4:30 AM Post #3,889 of 6,413
I have the fiio x3 II and even from my phone I don't understand the people who say that they are hard to drive. I don't really feel that amps add any value to the sound unless you're looking for amps that specifically colour the sound.

Oct 8, 2015 at 4:48 AM Post #3,890 of 6,413
I have the fiio x3 II and even from my phone I don't understand the people who say that they are hard to drive. I don't really feel that amps add any value to the sound unless you're looking for amps that specifically colour the sound.
I once thought that and now I dont. Its not about making it louder its about getting the full potential from your iem. I have three Arrow amps just in case I brake one. Now its about the amp not my X3 dap which I prefer over the AK240 I sold.

Oct 8, 2015 at 5:07 AM Post #3,891 of 6,413
I ran a stack for a good long time when I was using my hd25-1 II, and got rid of that setup when I just realise that it really didn't add anything. Though I didn't have amp at the calibre of the arrow. Go for a stack if you think it helps, but I generally don't think an amp is needed if your dap can drive it to listenable levels without distortion.

Oct 8, 2015 at 5:15 AM Post #3,892 of 6,413
I ran a stack for a good long time when I was using my hd25-1 II, and got rid of that setup when I just realise that it really didn't add anything. Though I didn't have amp at the calibre of the arrow. Go for a stack if you think it helps, but I generally don't think an amp is needed if your dap can drive it to listenable levels without distortion.
My stack is smaller than a DX90 OR AK120II.With 20 hrs of battery life.

Oct 8, 2015 at 6:53 AM Post #3,893 of 6,413
I tried it with the Fiio X5 and I didn't notice any difference with an iPhone. As for amping, I tried it with the Fiio E12 and felt that the soundstage was smaller and slight distortion was introduced.

When someone else tried Harmony they needed 80-90% volume on the iPhone (pretty shocked that people can listen to music that loud). So if you are that kind of person then yes an amp would help.

Oct 8, 2015 at 6:54 AM Post #3,894 of 6,413
Yes fiio amps are dark.

Oct 9, 2015 at 9:18 AM Post #3,897 of 6,413
I have a feeling that the Bravo series could really put Aurisonics on the map, but they need to speed up this release and advertise the hell out of them. They will certainly have a lot of competition in the coming months, and have the “first to market” advantage. Dunu is releasing their new (awesome looking) hybrids, and Trinity Audio will be releasing their Phantom series.

why I ordered prior to mass release:
- Aurisonics’ track record for excellent sound quality
- Shell design and build quality
- MMCXi connector (brilliant. Well done, Aurisonics)

My Harmony are being delivered tomorrow, but to my office. might have to wait until Monday to give them a listen. I’ll post initial impressions here, soon after.

Oct 9, 2015 at 9:23 AM Post #3,898 of 6,413
I have a feeling that the Bravo series could really put Aurisonics on the map, but they need to speed up this release and advertise the hell out of them. They will certainly have a lot of competition in the coming months, and have the “first to market” advantage. Dunu is releasing their new (awesome looking) hybrids, and Trinity Audio will be releasing their Phantom series.

why I ordered prior to mass release:
- Aurisonics’ track record for excellent sound quality
- Shell design and build quality
- MMCXi connector (brilliant. Well done, Aurisonics)

My Harmony are being delivered tomorrow, but to my office. might have to wait until Monday to give them a listen. I’ll post initial impressions here, soon after.
Hope you love it.What is your plater?

Oct 9, 2015 at 3:40 PM Post #3,899 of 6,413
I'm going to test a few different ways.

Digital home setup:
Realtek 1150 (Fancypants motherboard with a separate audio section) --> JDS Labs O2 amp

Analog home setup:
Project Debut Carbon with acrylic baseplate --> Project Pre-amp --> O2 headphone amp

Mobile:
iPhone 6S --> Fiio E6

Oct 9, 2015 at 11:29 PM Post #3,900 of 6,413
Hi,

Is the Cayin N5 DAP strong enough to push ASG-2.5's?  This is the DAP I'm very interested in.  Was gonna get a Fiio X3ii but too many complaints about UI.  If N5 is not strong enough to push 2.5's.  Please recommend a DAP.  Budget is $500.  I DO NOT WANT A DAC/AMP, I HATE STACKING.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back