Fender IEM (Aurisonics) Impressions, Reviews & Discussions Thread
Jun 1, 2012 at 2:09 PM Post #526 of 6,413
Quote:

Even though I'm a Vsonic fan, I'm buying the AS2 over the GR08. If they retain the tuning of the rev 1.2 ASG-1, plus adding the treble extension of balanced armatures I think I'll drop dead from too many eargasms within a limited period of time.

My main complaint about the GR07 was just a lack of power when compared to the ASG-1.2.

I'm excited to hear what Dale has in store.

I feel exactly the same way on all counts.

Jun 1, 2012 at 2:30 PM Post #527 of 6,413
AS-2's are custom, the G in ASG-2 stands for Generic. So yes and no to your question in a sense.
Quote:
So the AS-2 will be custom only?

The battle is over before it began, the AS-2's are gonna win as soon as you try to compare.
Quote:
eek.gif

It's this or the gr08. What a brutal decision. Let the battle begin.

You should be very excited. Dale has cooked up an amazing product. I have been experiencing eargasms on a day to day basis for a while now. 
Quote:
Even though I'm a Vsonic fan, I'm buying the AS2 over the GR08. If they retain the tuning of the rev 1.2 ASG-1, plus adding the treble extension of balanced armatures I think I'll drop dead from too many eargasms within a limited period of time.

My main complaint about the GR07 was just a lack of power when compared to the ASG-1.2.

I'm excited to hear what Dale has in store.

Jun 1, 2012 at 2:42 PM Post #528 of 6,413
Interesting where this is going.  My early discussions with Dale kind of hinted anti-BA sentiments, but if it works and competes well, all the better.  Still enjoying my v1.2.  Dale hit the mark on this one.  It's a little rough around the edges, but to my ears, contributes to the live, concert venue sound environment that I've missed so much - quite an accomplishment.

Jun 1, 2012 at 2:51 PM Post #530 of 6,413
Whoa whoa whoa... Hold the phone, AS2 is a dual BA/DD hybrid? Damn, I think just got a boner you guys... that bass extension/articulation coupled with the speed and detail of BAs? ES5s just might have some competition... Can not flippin wait :Q_____

Jun 1, 2012 at 2:55 PM Post #531 of 6,413
Quote:
Whoa whoa whoa... Hold the phone, AS2 is a dual BA/DD hybrid? Damn, I think just got a boner you guys... that bass extension/articulation coupled with the speed and detail of BAs? ES5s just might have some competition... Can not flippin wait :Q_____

The Dynamic is full range and then then BA will be a tweeter (from their Facebook page). Also it says that the BA will be new and unlike another BAs so this could be even better than we think! Well just ask Kenman he will tell you how awesome they are :D

Jun 1, 2012 at 3:00 PM Post #532 of 6,413
Wow, proprietary design? Interesting... Yeah, I've been keeping up with Kenman'a posts, but I was reading them under the impression that the AS2 was a dual DD design. In retrospect, I suppose it makes more sense that it's BA, given that they will have little space in the ASG to mod the innards. I've been very interested in the K3003 and Merlin as hybrid designs, but this excites me that I won't have to shell out an arm and a leg to experience something potentially similar to that audio pedigree.

Jun 1, 2012 at 3:03 PM Post #533 of 6,413
I have just noticed a major difference in the the K3003 and the AS_2 and that is the size of the dynamic driver with the AS-2 having a 15mm an dthe K3003 one being much small. Interesting and yeh. What i like is the though of BA properties and huge ASG-1 soundstage! Not something you often get with with BA!

Jun 1, 2012 at 4:31 PM Post #536 of 6,413
Ok guys, time for some good news and some bad news. Here's what Dale says about the AS-2 series. Sorry universal users, those of you who want the ASG-2 will have to wait a bit longer then the AS-2 peeps.

Quote Dale Lott:
The BAs in these are not just any old run of the mill BA like in every other
product they truly are designed and sound different which is the ONLY reason
I went with a BA over a dynamic for the high end. The low end is tuned with
even greater extension and rumble to pair up with the tweeters. Also the BAs
are only utilized as the tweeter component which they are designed for. End
to end the AS-2 is a beast... 

AS-2 customs being released later this month
ASG-2 generics being released later this year after we get enough stock of
parts to ensure we can keep up with demand

- Dale

Jun 1, 2012 at 4:40 PM Post #537 of 6,413
Its difficult for me to bother with ear impressions from Uk to the US. Anyone knows if the generic ones sound as good as the customs?

Jun 1, 2012 at 4:42 PM Post #538 of 6,413
The AS-2 is becoming more and more interesting. Wondering why UM Merlins has tough time keeping up with them?

Jun 1, 2012 at 4:47 PM Post #539 of 6,413
Quote:
Interesting where this is going.  My early discussions with Dale kind of hinted anti-BA sentiments, but if it works and competes well, all the better.  Still enjoying my v1.2.  Dale hit the mark on this one.  It's a little rough around the edges, but to my ears, contributes to the live, concert venue sound environment that I've missed so much - quite an accomplishment.

Yep, Dale was very anti-BA...  until some new developments popped up. I can't get into specifics but basically he was working with one of the main BA suppliers and they came up with something special for him that really "wow!"ed him. 

I'm still using the 1.0 versions for the AS-1b and ASG-1. Was waiting for an update to 1.2, but perhaps I will get to hear the AS-2 instead. That would be perfect as I also own the Merlin, so direct comparisons are possible. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back