Fender IEM (Aurisonics) Impressions, Reviews & Discussions Thread
May 16, 2012 at 2:30 PM Post #366 of 6,413
I haven't heard the ASG-1's yet, but my AS-2b's are quite amazing. I guess it addresses this issue you guys talk about, but I don't think the goals in building the AS-2's are the same as for the AS-1's. Luckily I can refer to Dale's previous comments when I say this, as Dale has said that while people will be able to send in the 1 Series IEM's for the modifications to a 2 Series, it's not an "upgrade" in the typical sense, more like a different option in terms of what one wants their IEM's to sound like. The AS-2's are definitely amazing but they are not meant to replace the 1 Series, just be another option for potential customers of Aurisonics brand IEM's. 
Quote:
The 2 series is supposed to address this though. Can't wait to hear the difference myself

That being said, I'm hoping to pick up some extra hours at work over the summer so I can comfortably afford a pair of AS-1's or ASG-1's to do a direct comparison. 

May 17, 2012 at 12:28 AM Post #368 of 6,413
Haven't noticed anything offensive. Everything sounds quite well placed. If you want me to comment better, send me a name of a song to test out and comment on the sound specifically. I have just broken the 10 Hour mark today and was going to start my review process/start listening and reviewing during/after this weekend
Quote:
kenman what can you say about the AS-2b's treble?

May 17, 2012 at 3:38 AM Post #369 of 6,413
I just wanted to say that The Beatles never sounded this good in my ASG1 - their vocals sounds so natural and the timbre of the instruments sounds right
biggrin.gif

May 17, 2012 at 7:37 AM Post #370 of 6,413
Which album you listening to right now? 
Quote:
I just wanted to say that The Beatles never sounded this good in my ASG1 - their vocals sounds so natural and the timbre of the instruments sounds right
biggrin.gif

May 17, 2012 at 12:00 PM Post #372 of 6,413
Well if nothing stands out that's a good thing; I think most noticed the ASG-1's treble as dull and colored by the mids.
Quote:
Haven't noticed anything offensive. Everything sounds quite well placed. If you want me to comment better, send me a name of a song to test out and comment on the sound specifically. I have just broken the 10 Hour mark today and was going to start my review process/start listening and reviewing during/after this weekend

May 17, 2012 at 12:14 PM Post #373 of 6,413
Well, I find the AS-2b's to sound quite amazing and doesn't seem to have these qualities. I've been using the AS-2b's without EQing and they perform well with everything I've been throwing at them so far.
Quote:
Well if nothing stands out that's a good thing; I think most noticed the ASG-1's treble as dull and colored by the mids.

May 17, 2012 at 12:31 PM Post #374 of 6,413
Quote:
Well, I find the AS-2b's to sound quite amazing and doesn't seem to have these qualities. I've been using the AS-2b's without EQing and they perform well with everything I've been throwing at them so far.

Out of curiosity what other earphones have you owned in the past and at the moment and are these ethe best earphones you have heard etc. Just to get a bit of your IEM background!

May 17, 2012 at 12:57 PM Post #375 of 6,413
The main things notable that I own and have owned are in my Sig. That's a pretty complete list. obviously I've owned iPod earbuds and stuff like that. just cheap tuff before the ones in my sig really that I don't use anymore. Or check my profile for others
Quote:
Out of curiosity what other earphones have you owned in the past and at the moment and are these ethe best earphones you have heard etc. Just to get a bit of your IEM background!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back