Fender IEM (Aurisonics) Impressions, Reviews & Discussions Thread
May 13, 2012 at 10:42 AM Post #287 of 6,413
Quote:
Then you can vouch for me that no pictures i take can do them justice. They are gorgeous. I carry around a microfiber cloth in the case so i can clean off any fingerprints when i put them away and after i put them on. 

Oh yea, they were gorgeous. Dale was pretty funny about it too. You can't tell him, I'm really really serious. It has to be a surprise lol. Enjoy them, I cannot wait till they go on sale for us normal folk :wink:

May 13, 2012 at 12:23 PM Post #288 of 6,413
Quote:
I'm seriously thinking AS-2b "Headphones for Dummies" edition 
etysmile.gif

The red, orange & yellow could probably look pretty sick on a custom.

Yellow Shell, Red cover, orange cables? could look good, but you'd never see the shell part while its in your ear. 

Oh yea, they were gorgeous. Dale was pretty funny about it too. You can't tell him, I'm really really serious. It has to be a surprise lol. Enjoy them, I cannot wait till they go on sale for us normal folk :wink:

Nice, too bad you couldn't take a listen to them. Would've totally been okay with that. 

To note, already put on about 6 hours in 2 full days time. 2 hour long sessions and 1 2-hour session along with short smaller sessions in between. Still getting used to them a bit. Finding them more and more fun. Listened to Porter Robinson's "Spitfire EP" in entirety last night because their are a few songs on it I really like their explosiveness with on other setups, and with the AS-2b's I was mighty happy. I will tease a bit in saying that I swapped out my mp3's for my lossless rips from my CD's. I wanted/needed better quality to fuel this review. Lossless makes me very happy right now :) Will report back with more when I can. 

EDIT: I am open to suggestions about what songs I can listen to to really open these babies up. I am still in the having fun, getting use to the sound and how my songs sound on them stage. I figure once I get to 10 hours I'll be starting my review and giving them a run-through with songs that really put them to the test and allow me to comment on their change over time when i get further in the review and play the same songs. I would love to take all suggestions for these songs, I am not really sure what they are gonna be yet. 

Also, Really tempted to plug in my vinyl player to the Pico Slim (I dont have any other amp, but I need volume control from the Line-Out) and test out the AS-2b's with a purer analog source.

EDIT 2: Please send all suggestions to my PM Box, not this thread

May 13, 2012 at 3:29 PM Post #289 of 6,413
Quote:
Yellow Shell, Red cover, orange cables? could look good, but you'd never see the shell part while its in your ear. 

EDIT 2: Please send all suggestions to my PM Box, not this thread

The point of a custom is to make it yours, ain't it? By the way, I would leave some suggestions on this thread but on one post. I could use some new test music.

As for my impressions and ASG-1, they arrived 4 days ago :D 

May 13, 2012 at 10:36 PM Post #292 of 6,413
May 14, 2012 at 2:32 AM Post #294 of 6,413
Quote:
call me crazy... But I just returned my westone UM3X to keep my asg-1's. hahaha

You do some crazy things with you earphones :O i thought you would be keeping the UM3Xs for ever and had sold the ASG-1s...... Whats going on?!

May 14, 2012 at 8:08 AM Post #295 of 6,413
Quote:
You do some crazy things with you earphones :O i thought you would be keeping the UM3Xs for ever and had sold the ASG-1s...... Whats going on?!

It's the ASG-1's sound, it's infectious I swear! You listen for it for too long and it will slowly grow on you and corrupt your mind 
very_evil_smiley.gif

May 14, 2012 at 8:12 AM Post #296 of 6,413
Quote:
It's the ASG-1's sound, it's infectious I swear! You listen for it for too long and it will slowly grow on you and corrupt your mind 
very_evil_smiley.gif

Hahaha. Nah he was selling to before the heard the 1.2 so i guess the revision sorted all past problems and that they truly beat his dream earphone the UM3X! Not bad going at all.

May 14, 2012 at 9:13 AM Post #297 of 6,413
You make it sound like that's a bad thing. And how can you listen to Aurisonics for too long? I find I havent listened to them long enough, if that's even a possibility to say I've listened to them enough. I can't get enough, that's just crazy talk there.
Quote:
very_evil_smiley.gif

May 14, 2012 at 9:17 AM Post #299 of 6,413
Already hit 7.5 hours on my AS-2b's. Working on more hours right now :)
Quote:
The my ASG hour count is insane but I keep wanting more ahaha!

EDIT: Just noticed a part of a speech I never heard/noticed in a song before. Amazing how something so simple that you would think you heard just isn't that way till you hear it on a good setup. I never knew that the man speaking in one of my songs started about 2 seconds before. Mind blown and it's so early in the day.

May 14, 2012 at 9:22 AM Post #300 of 6,413
Quote:
You make it sound like that's a bad thing. And how can you listen to Aurisonics for too long? I find I havent listened to them long enough, if that's even a possibility to say I've listened to them enough. I can't get enough, that's just insane.

Well it is... for the competition. My personal record is a 16 hour run. It was in my ear for the entire time with a 15 minute brake from sound every 5 hours (not safe for the ears I know) but that's just me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back