Fender IEM (Aurisonics) Impressions, Reviews & Discussions Thread
Dec 6, 2012 at 12:55 PM Post #2,282 of 6,413
C'mon, guys, Dale, anybody?

I'm really considering the bass port, but I simply don't know, if it's worth the extra money.

i dont think many people have the as-2 so thats why you may not be getting any response
i recall someone (kenman?) having a bass port on their as-2 but didnt want to play around with it as the SQ was perfect for them

Dec 6, 2012 at 1:03 PM Post #2,283 of 6,413
Quote:
i dont think many people have the as-2 so thats why you may not be getting any response
i recall someone (kenman?) having a bass port on their as-2 but didnt want to play around with it as the SQ was perfect for them

Many in the musician world have the AS-2 and are getting them just not a lot of the head-fi community yet. We look forward to everyones thoughts and reviews though.

Dec 6, 2012 at 1:13 PM Post #2,284 of 6,413
Quote:
Someone already asked about the bass port on the ASG-2, but there was no answer.
So I would like to repeat it - how much bass does it "let in"? Which frequencies are affected (subbass?, midbass?).

[size=medium]Having an adjustable bass port allows you a lot of control whereas with the port closed you get a really tight neutral overall sound. Open the bass port and the sub-lows are really more pronounced and the bottom is much fuller from the sub-lows up to the low mids. It can be adjusted so anywhere between those two points is possible. Valve adjustment is done with a supplied tool. Really what you are doing is two things matching the dynamic performance to the air volume from the tip of the IEM to your eardrum and porting the dynamic driver to allow it to move more freely in air.[/size]

Dec 6, 2012 at 2:15 PM Post #2,285 of 6,413
So without the added port, ie stock, the sound would be the same as a closed bass port?

Dec 6, 2012 at 2:54 PM Post #2,286 of 6,413
I have to say the polished chrome and black rhodium look amazingly sick.  I know that you haven't finalized the details for the upgrades yet and that's totally cool.  I just wanted to check if the customization options will be available for those as well?  

I think someone else may have asked: do you happen to have a picture of the stealth body from another angle?  Just curious to see the body side of it though I'm way more drawn to the polished body.

Dec 6, 2012 at 2:59 PM Post #2,287 of 6,413
I don't see why they wouldn't allow upgrades of aesthetic options. Except to those aesthetics that are exclusive to the 'S' series. They are a business, they do want your money.

EDIT: Of course, this would add to your wait time for getting them back. But still not 100% sure about upgraded aesthetics with the upgrade promotion yet to fully be announced.

Quote:
I have to say the polished chrome and black rhodium look amazingly sick.  I know that you haven't finalized the details for the upgrades yet and that's totally cool.  I just wanted to check if the customization options will be available for those as well?  

Dec 6, 2012 at 3:04 PM Post #2,288 of 6,413
Quote:
I don't see why they wouldn't allow upgrades of aesthetic options. Except to those aesthetics that are exclusive to the 'S' series. They are a business, they do want your money.

EDIT: Of course, this would add to your wait time for getting them back. But still not 100% sure about upgraded aesthetics with the upgrade promotion yet to fully be announced.

Oh I agree - I'm just the type of person who likes to know as much info as I can ahead of time. 

Dec 6, 2012 at 3:28 PM Post #2,289 of 6,413
I just responded to your PM to me, I hope that helps with your decision. I am definitely the same way about my gear, that's why I originally made my order for the AS-1 when I knew i would have the potential to upgrade and it was always my feeling that the dynamic driver is one that sounded best to me. I don't regret my decision at all, even ordered the AS-1 again since I never got it the first time around. (Secretly praying I get some next generation CIEM again this time)
Quote:
Oh I agree - I'm just the type of person who likes to know as much info as I can ahead of time. 

Dec 6, 2012 at 4:18 PM Post #2,290 of 6,413
Quote:

I think someone else may have asked: do you happen to have a picture of the stealth body from another angle?  Just curious to see the body side of it though I'm way more drawn to the polished body.

We did not post the prices for aesthetic upgrades for the ASG-2 on the forum (did not want to break any rules) but they are on our facebook page. They are included in the promotion tomorrow. All aesthetic upgrades on both the AS-1 and AS-2 are also included tomorrow only.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Aurisonics/209300975753348

Dec 6, 2012 at 4:43 PM Post #2,292 of 6,413
Quote:

I've seen both up close and personal. Both are amazing, but I really love the black rhodium.

Dec 6, 2012 at 6:12 PM Post #2,293 of 6,413
Non adjustable bass port ASG-2 will have a fixed port tuned about half way open if we were to make a comparison to the adjustable bass port version.

So the ASG-2 with the bass port option could have less bass than a stock ASG-2 if the port is less than half way closed? Just trying to see if it want the port or not. Usually I end up fiddling with stuff like that too much.

Dec 6, 2012 at 6:54 PM Post #2,294 of 6,413
Quote:
So the ASG-2 with the bass port option could have less bass than a stock ASG-2 if the port is less than half way closed? Just trying to see if it want the port or not. Usually I end up fiddling with stuff like that too much.

The balance of bass will be pretty much in line with what others have heard from the AS-2 demo set on the stock ASG-2 with no bass port. (plenty yet not too much...)

Dec 6, 2012 at 7:30 PM Post #2,295 of 6,413
Since we don't seem to have any sort of moratorium or embargo on AS(G)-2 discussion, can you describe the bass as compared to the ASG-1(.2) quantity wise? I assume the bass is even cleaner and more controlled than that found in the 1.2

Users who are viewing this thread

Back