Fender IEM (Aurisonics) Impressions, Reviews & Discussions Thread
Dec 5, 2012 at 4:42 PM Post #2,221 of 6,413
Interesting question and I hope it hasn't already been asked:  is there anyone who had the chance to hear the AS-2 (or who has it) that has also heard the PFE 232 and could potentially give a comparison or the differences?  Thank you 
beerchug.gif

Dec 5, 2012 at 5:12 PM Post #2,222 of 6,413
Quote:
Interesting question and I hope it hasn't already been asked:  is there anyone who had the chance to hear the AS-2 (or who has it) that has also heard the PFE 232 and could potentially give a comparison or the differences?  Thank you 
beerchug.gif

If I get my hands on the ASG-2 I'll do a comparison.  If is the key word though.

Dec 5, 2012 at 5:28 PM Post #2,223 of 6,413
Quote:

If I get my hands on the ASG-2 I'll do a comparison.  If is the key word though.

That would be awesome.  I was hoping someone might know now as I was pondering the custom AS-2 but I don't think timing will be on my side.  I'm incredibly excited to upgrade my 1.2, regardless, though!

Dec 5, 2012 at 7:21 PM Post #2,225 of 6,413
Quote:
Upgrade options for the ASG-2 posted to our facebook page. Don't forget to enter the "Get you BASS on" contest.

Those options look very promising :)  I should try to enter the contest...  It'd be fun :wink:

Dec 5, 2012 at 7:56 PM Post #2,230 of 6,413
So will the ASG-2S be an upgrade or side-grade in technical ability and sound over the ASG-2 and AS-2? What is the incentive to wait for that over the ASG-2?

Dec 5, 2012 at 8:04 PM Post #2,231 of 6,413
Quote:
So will the ASG-2S be an upgrade or side-grade in technical ability and sound over the ASG-2 and AS-2? What is the incentive to wait for that over the ASG-2?

I personally hand build and tune every Signature Series unit. They use our finest drivers hand picked and matched out of hundreds tested that stand out with specs higher than the average. They will only look one way and will be packaged differently.

Dec 5, 2012 at 8:11 PM Post #2,232 of 6,413
No offense, but that reminds me of Apple and their 'S' devices....slightly annoying for ASG-2 upgraders like me who might feel like they are getting duped by not getting the 'finest drivers' with 'specs higher than average.' Instead we're only getting the mediocre or average quality components. Why not just make all of them like ASG-2S instead?

Dec 5, 2012 at 8:11 PM Post #2,233 of 6,413
Quote:
I personally hand build and tune every Signature Series unit. They use our finest drivers hand picked and matched out of hundreds tested that stand out with specs higher than the average. They will only look one way and will be packaged differently.

Sounds like a real premium product. If I had the funds I would definitely spring for it but that's highly unlikely. I'm just hoping now for the upgrade option as I already have the ASG-1.2.

Dec 5, 2012 at 8:26 PM Post #2,234 of 6,413
Quote:
No offense, but that reminds me of Apple and their 'S' devices....slightly annoying for ASG-2 upgraders like me who might feel like they are getting duped by not getting the 'finest drivers' with 'specs higher than average.' Instead we're only getting the mediocre or average quality components. Why not just make all of them like ASG-2S instead?

None taken. If you had ever worked around speakers you would have a better sense of what this means. The average specs are within the norm which is what we want. On occasion one or two out of every hundred or so have specs above norm which are then out of spec. We then take those and pair them and they will be used in the S series. I then tune the S series. If we only made everything the S series the cost would not be very affordable. I do not call any of our components mediocre or average as they are the best we can get our hands on far far above any typical component so I really do not see how your comparison is valid in that regards.

Dec 5, 2012 at 8:33 PM Post #2,235 of 6,413
None taken. If you had ever worked around speakers you would have a better sense of what this means. The average specs are within the norm which is what we want. On occasion one or two out of every hundred or so have specs above norm which are then out of spec. We then take those and pair them and they will be used in the S series. I then tune the S series. If we only made everything the S series the cost would not be very affordable. I do not call any of our components mediocre or average as they are the best we can get our hands on far far above any typical component so I really do not see how your comparison is valid in that regards.

could you shed some light as how some parts would be "better"?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back