Fender IEM (Aurisonics) Impressions, Reviews & Discussions Thread
Nov 25, 2012 at 5:25 PM Post #2,056 of 6,413
Your welcome, glad i can be of service. The community as a whole has always provided me with so much and I am always looking for ways to give back. That's why i list all my gear (past and present) that I own so people can ask questions and also I keep the Aftermarket IEM cable list up to date as well for those that can benefit from my hard work.
Quote:
yes that's how I've been reading your posts, I've been there and done that, with the ZOv1, I still swear by it, yes there is something grand about sharing audio joy! nothing wrong in any of that, especially when the gear is VERY well deserving of the enthusiasm,

which the Aurisonics most definately are, although you are responsible for 80% of the posts here!
wink_face.gif
, jk, more like just 55%, lol that has to be a record, I am kind of jealous, all of your posts are just proof of how much your loving your AS gear, as I am very very much enthralled with my ASG-1.2s! I only wish I was on the AS-2 bandwagon along with you! never have been down the CIEM road, although I am on the brink of it?

anyways your a happy camper, which is what is most important, and your sharing the truth about your audio adventures, which has been super helpful to me, not only here but on other threads where I see you, a great contributor to our Head-Fi community! so Thanks from me for all of your hard work, keep it up, a little obnoxious, but only a little, a small price for all that you do, this rhodiums for you! 
beerchug.gif

Happy Trails, and Happy Listening to all of us Head-Fi campers, now get back in there and eat a turkey sandwhich,
atsmile.gif
gobble gobble!

Kangcore has in his signature given full acknowledgement of his status in relation to Aurisonics. If you are a part of a company that is not a sponsor on Head-Fi, you get the title under your name of "Member of the Trade". Their are some other roles as well, I think i've seen "Industry Insider" and others, as well as "Sponsor" for those official accounts for Head-Fi.org sponsors. There are special rules that apply to each of those roles
Quote:

On other forums I visit you're required to identify in your signature that you're a manufacturer, a vendor or in some way affiliated with a company selling product. Is that not the case on Head-fi?

Terry.

Nov 26, 2012 at 5:24 PM Post #2,058 of 6,413
edit: nothing. That's why people have been upset in this thread. They charge you $250 for something that other ciem manufacturers offer free.

edit: jk they don't even offer polished body unless you get the chrome plate as well, which is 400 bones. yikes.

Nov 26, 2012 at 5:27 PM Post #2,059 of 6,413
from Dale:

Our normal finish is frosted clear that is semi-transparent and not polished. The polished body option gives you a polished glass like finish on the surface and allows you to see through into the shell. Our shells are not made like any other IEM and thus there are differences in processes and cost associated with upgrades.

ASG-2 will have the size of the nub area reduced considerably. Eke hit us up about the sending out a "fit tester " . The problem is you don't truly know without the wire and the tips you will use how well it fits. Still considering that but have a few things to work out on our end before we know if that will be workable. I know it seems easy but there are a lot of other factors we as a company have to consider when doing something like that.

Nov 26, 2012 at 5:30 PM Post #2,060 of 6,413
Quote:
edit: nothing. That's why people have been upset in this thread. They charge you $250 for something that other ciem manufacturers offer free.

edit: jk they don't even offer polished body unless you get the chrome plate as well, which is 400 bones. yikes.

You have to remember, Aurisonics uses 3D printing to make their shells.  The result is a body that won't be polished.  To polish it, they have to do additional work and maybe even use additional materials (their housings are not acrylic or silicone, I can't say what it is though).  Other CIEM companies use acrylic which comes out polished.  So they don't have to do anything to make it polished...  IDK what the process is to polish the materials they use, but if it is complex enough (and I can see reason why it is), it would cost 250 bucks. 

If you asked a CIEM company to add an unsmooth texture, a light, microscopic fingerprint texture on their shells (this is what Aurisonics has if I'm not mistaken), they will charge you for it.  However, that's the default that Aurisonics does...  for free... 

EDIT: I got ninja'd :p  Read the post above me, it's an official word from Dale :)

Nov 26, 2012 at 5:33 PM Post #2,061 of 6,413
I know this. I've already talked to Dale about it via PM. He just asked what the difference was, and there isn't one. He didn't ask what the difference between manufacturing techniques was :wink:

Nov 26, 2012 at 5:33 PM Post #2,062 of 6,413
You have to remember, Aurisonics uses 3D printing to make their shells.  The result is a body that won't be polished.  To polish it, they have to do additional work and maybe even use additional materials (their housings are not acrylic or silicone, I can't say what it is though).  Other CIEM companies use acrylic which comes out polished.  So they don't have to do anything to make it polished...  IDK what the process is to polish the materials they use, but if it is complex enough (and I can see reason why it is), it would cost 250 bucks. 

If you asked a CIEM company to add an unsmooth texture, a light, microscopic fingerprint texture on their shells (this is what Aurisonics has if I'm not mistaken), they will charge you for it.  However, that's the default that Aurisonics does...  for free... 

ok i didnt know about the 3D printing
interesting

Nov 26, 2012 at 5:35 PM Post #2,063 of 6,413
Quote:
I know this. I've already talked to Dale about it via PM. He just asked what the difference was, and there isn't one. He didn't ask what the difference between manufacturing techniques was :wink:

It was partially in response to your comment about what other CIEM companies do for free...  The fact of the matter is, if you ask any CIEM company to do anything that isn't their default, you will get charged for it. 

Nov 26, 2012 at 5:37 PM Post #2,064 of 6,413
I know, but most people don't know or care about the difference between Acryllic and Aurisonics' 'secret material'. Most people will say "ok so this company has a clear shell and this company charges 250 bucks for a clear shell.....well that sucks, maybe i'll take my money elsewhere so I can get what I want for less"

Obviously that doesn't take into account sound signature and quality but you get the point.

Nov 26, 2012 at 5:39 PM Post #2,065 of 6,413
I know, but most people don't know or care about the difference between Acryllic and Aurisonics' 'secret material'. Most people will say "ok so this company has a clear shell and this company charges 250 bucks for a clear shell.....well that sucks, maybe i'll take my money elsewhere so I can get what I want for less"

Obviously that doesn't take into account sound signature and quality but you get the point.

true
but one advantage about the 3d printing is that the iems will have more consistent build quality

Nov 26, 2012 at 5:39 PM Post #2,066 of 6,413
Quote:
true
but one advantage about the 3d printing is that the iems will have more consistent build quality

And that you don't have to send them impressions again for a while as they should be able to be stored digitally :p 

Nov 26, 2012 at 5:42 PM Post #2,067 of 6,413
Indeed. Doesn't Westone use this as well? The audiologist I went to was a Westone rep and told me he could just put my impressions in his 3D printer and send them straight to Westone.

Nov 26, 2012 at 5:49 PM Post #2,068 of 6,413
Quote:
Indeed. Doesn't Westone use this as well? The audiologist I went to was a Westone rep and told me he could just put my impressions in his 3D printer and send them straight to Westone.

They might, I'm not sure what they do today. Might be something you want to ask a Westone rep, I would be interested in knowing the answer :wink:

Nov 26, 2012 at 5:56 PM Post #2,069 of 6,413
Quote:

That sounds like a 3D scanner. Westone uses acrylic for their shells

Users who are viewing this thread

Back