Fender IEM (Aurisonics) Impressions, Reviews & Discussions Thread
Nov 24, 2012 at 3:01 PM Post #2,041 of 6,413
Quote:
That one was probably directed at me- alrighty so I agree- not having custom artwork isn't a deal breaker at all- what rubs me the wrong way is that the options are no artwork or its the most expensive customizations of any IEMs by any manufacturer (even just stealth- the aforementioned black- is an additional $250).  On top of that, they want to charge you 10 bucks more just to get the screws black 
blink.gif
.  Have you ever gone to a hardware store and paid a ten thousand percent mark up to get black screws instead of silver? I've NEVER seen a price difference! I get that aurisonics has its freewill to charge what it wants and I have mine to buy or not buy their product, so I''l stop here as at this point its not productive and I'm just riling up the fanboys.

My apologies if I'm pissing people off- if I'm grouchy its because I'm hungover 
beerchug.gif

It was not directed at anyone.  The statement that I don't understand is just that.  In my mind "I don't understand" is not "your opinion is of less value".  I'm sorry that that is how it came off.  I was trying to express that I intellectually understand why you would feel that way, but that I intrinsically don't feel that way and can't innately understand that opinion.  That doesn't mean that I don't value or respect your opinion.  The last thing that I wanted was to cause people to feel defensive about their opinions.  Therefore, I am going to excuse myself from this conversation.

Nov 24, 2012 at 3:11 PM Post #2,042 of 6,413
@ jpmmilner:

No need to excuse yourself!

I took no offense at all, and just saw it as a discussion point.  Opinions are always valued as long as they're grounded in fact, and I prefer those that disagree with me because that leads to the far more interesting conversations that show all sides of the argument.  I tend to speak my mind, and encourage everyone else to.  So long as its all respectful, its all love, and stick around!

o2smile.gif

Nov 24, 2012 at 5:41 PM Post #2,043 of 6,413
kenman345, sorry if this has already been covered, but what exactly is your relationship to Aurisonics? Is it purely super-eager fanboy (non-pejorative usage), or do you work for them, or have some sort of standing discount for referrals and your posts on head-fi, or something?

I ask because I've read enough of this thread to notice that so many of your posts are "Dale this" and "Dale that" and "Aurisonics would never...", etc. and it's honestly all a bit off-putting. I can't think of another appreciation thread that has one person always acting as an intermediary, not to mention policing all criticism, for one manufacturer.

This isn't so much a personal attack than a question of style. I thought you should know it comes off a bit cultish, and could make someone less interested in Aurisonics.

Nov 24, 2012 at 5:48 PM Post #2,044 of 6,413
Quote:
kenman345, sorry if this has already been covered, but what exactly is your relationship to Aurisonics? Is it purely super-eager fanboy (non-pejorative usage), or do you work for them, or have some sort of standing discount for referrals and your posts on head-fi, or something?

I ask because I've read enough of this thread to notice that so many of your posts are "Dale this" and "Dale that" and "Aurisonics would never...", etc. and it's honestly all a bit off-putting. I can't think of another appreciation thread that has one person always acting as an intermediary, not to mention policing all criticism, for one manufacturer.

This isn't so much a personal attack than a question of style. I thought you should know it comes off a bit cultish, and could make someone less interested in Aurisonics.

Exactly! This has been driving me crazy. I think Aurisonics would actually be benefited by more objective approaches to describing the iems.

To tell the truth, I have no concrete picture of what the AS2 sounds like, other than that it's amazing, etc. according to kenman.

I'm a huge fan of Aurisonics and I'll continue to support them, but kenman needs to chill out a bit.

Nov 24, 2012 at 6:06 PM Post #2,045 of 6,413
I would love to work for Aurisonics. I merely have an ongoing relationship talking to Dale that started from a bit before I got my AS-2's. I am only a super-eager fanboy that has 100% loved his decision in buying a set of customs from Aurisonics. The AS-2's have been more than I could have ever imagined I wanted from a set of CIEM's. I remarked to friends yesterday how each time I listen to something new it is completely unexpected how well it performs. I am always impressed by them and wish others could share in the feeling. 

Quote:

Okay, Sorry about that. Look, Kangcore has it right. I've talked to him and we both are hearing the same type of things. They are well balanced and amazing fun. Take a look at his post for a bit better descriptions. I'll take a seat now for a bit. Sorry if I pissed anyone off.

Exactly! This has been driving me crazy. I think Aurisonics would actually be benefited by more objective approaches to describing the iems.

To tell the truth, I have no concrete picture of what the AS2 sounds like, other than that it's amazing, etc. according to kenman.

I'm a huge fan of Aurisonics and I'll continue to support them, but kenman needs to chill out a bit.

Nov 25, 2012 at 12:22 AM Post #2,046 of 6,413
Quote:

Glad to know I'm not alone on that :p 

Nov 25, 2012 at 12:24 AM Post #2,047 of 6,413
Quote:
I would love to work for Aurisonics. I merely have an ongoing relationship talking to Dale that started from a bit before I got my AS-2's. I am only a super-eager fanboy that has 100% loved his decision in buying a set of customs from Aurisonics. The AS-2's have been more than I could have ever imagined I wanted from a set of CIEM's. I remarked to friends yesterday how each time I listen to something new it is completely unexpected how well it performs. I am always impressed by them and wish others could share in the feeling. 

Okay, Sorry about that. Look, Kangcore has it right. I've talked to him and we both are hearing the same type of things. They are well balanced and amazing fun. Take a look at his post for a bit better descriptions. I'll take a seat now for a bit. Sorry if I pissed anyone off.

If I'm not mistaken, Kangcore sells the product too...  Yes, he can give you impressions... 

Nov 25, 2012 at 12:40 AM Post #2,048 of 6,413
I don't sell AS-2's. At least not directly. I hope my impressions have given some people the confidence to purchase the AS-2's. But I don't sell them. 
Quote:

If I'm not mistaken, Kangcore sells the product too...  Yes, he can give you impressions... 

Yea, I think you may be right about that. Not 100% sure what his business relation is with Aurisonics but still, what he has made public about his AS-2's is exactly what I am hearing as well. I understand the feeling that if he's an employee or anything like that he is biased, but in this case I am saying that specifically the impressions he made public a few days ago are in fact how I am hearing my set, which should add some validity to his statements. 

Nov 25, 2012 at 12:45 AM Post #2,049 of 6,413
Quote:
I don't sell AS-2's. At least not directly. I hope my impressions have given some people the confidence to purchase the AS-2's. But I don't sell them. 
Yea, I think you may be right about that. Not 100% sure what his business relation is with Aurisonics but still, what he has made public about his AS-2's is exactly what I am hearing as well. I understand the feeling that if he's an employee or anything like that he is biased, but in this case I am saying that specifically the impressions he made public a few days ago are in fact how I am hearing my set, which should add some validity to his statements. 

I never said you sell them...  We know you have no affiliation with Aurisonics... 

Nov 25, 2012 at 1:05 AM Post #2,052 of 6,413
No worries. It seems like lots of views have been shared recently and I am trying to clear the air. Just making sure people are not confused about what is going on. People won't value my opinion as much if they think I am trying to sell them a product out of personal gain. No, I just get the joy of knowing someone else will get to enjoy the AS-2's like me. That's about it. 
Quote:
LOL, my bad.  Just just meant that he stills the product as well as being one that gave impressions :p  I probably should have omitted the word entirely. 

Nov 25, 2012 at 10:35 AM Post #2,054 of 6,413
Quote:
No worries. It seems like lots of views have been shared recently and I am trying to clear the air. Just making sure people are not confused about what is going on. People won't value my opinion as much if they think I am trying to sell them a product out of personal gain. No, I just get the joy of knowing someone else will get to enjoy the AS-2's like me. That's about it. 

yes that's how I've been reading your posts, I've been there and done that, with the ZOv1, I still swear by it, yes there is something grand about sharing audio joy! nothing wrong in any of that, especially when the gear is VERY well deserving of the enthusiasm,

which the Aurisonics most definately are, although you are responsible for 80% of the posts here!
wink_face.gif
, jk, more like just 55%, lol that has to be a record, I am kind of jealous, all of your posts are just proof of how much your loving your AS gear, as I am very very much enthralled with my ASG-1.2s! I only wish I was on the AS-2 bandwagon along with you! never have been down the CIEM road, although I am on the brink of it?

anyways your a happy camper, which is what is most important, and your sharing the truth about your audio adventures, which has been super helpful to me, not only here but on other threads where I see you, a great contributor to our Head-Fi community! so Thanks from me for all of your hard work, keep it up, a little obnoxious, but only a little, a small price for all that you do, this rhodiums for you! 
beerchug.gif

Happy Trails, and Happy Listening to all of us Head-Fi campers, now get back in there and eat a turkey sandwhich,
atsmile.gif
gobble gobble!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back