Fender IEM (Aurisonics) Impressions, Reviews & Discussions Thread
Nov 10, 2012 at 7:41 PM Post #1,951 of 6,413
Quote:
i was basing my thoughts from this picture:
http://cdn.head-fi.org/4/42/800x600px-LL-424c1777_1238784631_as-1b5.jpeg
and also that nub section worried me
that would be great if they had a more "universal" shape like the heir audio
but still i much rather prefer to have some sort of test mold to ease my concerns if i do decide to get it

I don't think that's a universal fit...  The shape on the top is more square than my ASG-1.2.  Additionally, it has 2 screws and not 2.

That's my universal fit.  Sorry about the noise, poor lighting.

Nov 10, 2012 at 7:51 PM Post #1,953 of 6,413
oops
here is a picture of the asg 1.2
http://i.imgur.com/BiamR.jpg
seem pretty big

im interested in what the price will be as the custom version starts at $800
$100 less for the generics like the asg 1 perhaps?

Nov 11, 2012 at 5:56 AM Post #1,956 of 6,413
I don't experience that with mine. Either way I haven't heard of drivers failing due to driver flex. It is a common thing with dynamic driver IEMs that are not vented.

more info here:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/536612/would-driver-flex-finally-kill-a-pair-of-iem

Nov 11, 2012 at 7:44 PM Post #1,957 of 6,413
Quote:
Help, my ASG 1 suffers from driver flex...

I just sent in a pair of ASG-1s to Aurisonics, for the 1.2 upgrade, and they have some very very bad driver flex to them, ugh, sounds aweful like they are being ruined? but I know there fine? the flex won't hurt them, but Andy says he will take a look at them, and see what if anything he can do about it while also doing the 1.2 upgrade?

I will give an update after I get them back from Aurisonics, they've had them for about a week so it shouldn't be long? I'm hoping,

I am loving the pair of ASG-1.2s that I have atm, so much so that I sold off my W4rs? wish I had tried the tip mod on them before hand though? oh well, almost got another set when Earphone Solutions had them for 25% off again, but talked myself out of it? at least my wallet is happy, lol 

Nov 11, 2012 at 7:56 PM Post #1,959 of 6,413
Quote:

er uh, dur duh, que, que, ? ?,
cool.gif

Nov 12, 2012 at 3:29 AM Post #1,960 of 6,413
Quote:
I just sent in a pair of ASG-1s to Aurisonics, for the 1.2 upgrade, and they have some very very bad driver flex to them, ugh, sounds aweful like they are being ruined? but I know there fine? the flex won't hurt them, but Andy says he will take a look at them, and see what if anything he can do about it while also doing the 1.2 upgrade?

I will give an update after I get them back from Aurisonics, they've had them for about a week so it shouldn't be long? I'm hoping,

I am loving the pair of ASG-1.2s that I have atm, so much so that I sold off my W4rs? wish I had tried the tip mod on them before hand though? oh well, almost got another set when Earphone Solutions had them for 25% off again, but talked myself out of it? at least my wallet is happy, lol 

Never heard the W4R? But my W3 outperforms my ASG 1? So I'm selling it? I now need to try the W4R? lol

Nov 12, 2012 at 3:43 AM Post #1,962 of 6,413
Quote:
Never heard the W4R? But my W3 outperforms my ASG 1? So I'm selling it? I now need to try the W4R? lol

W4R, perhaps you have missed the Heir 4.Ai :wink: Also the ASG-2 seems likely to cause a bit of a stur :wink:

Nov 12, 2012 at 4:24 AM Post #1,964 of 6,413
Quote:
Yeah I really need to try the 4Ai and the ASG 2. Its just both are out of my budget, I cant wait for reviews on the ASG 2 and if they're making a universal fit version of the ASG 2. Hopefully $100 cheaper than a custom.

I said 4.Ai as it is the same price as W4R. ASG 2 is the universal fit of the custom AS 2. The ASG 2 will be released soon and there is a competition to win one in the sponsors announcement section. The ASG 2 is yet to have a price announced.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back