Feliks-Audio EUFORIA - A Wolf in "Sheep's" Clothing...
Jan 2, 2023 at 4:42 PM Post #10,801 of 11,472
Jan 3, 2023 at 3:20 AM Post #10,803 of 11,472
who uses euforia with which type of headphones?
Euforia AE w/ZMF Auteur Classic, Focal Clear MG and latest addition, Audeze MM-500 currently getting most head time. Euforia AE is a unique OTL and wonderful in being able to drive high sensitivity planars like the MM-500 so nicely. Pairs very well!

Jan 7, 2023 at 3:20 AM Post #10,804 of 11,472
Could someone please confirm if Evo has replaced both standard and AE because I still see AE on Feliks website, but just sold out? Assume they are working to finish Evo orders and will continue selling AE which doesn’t make much sense if Evo has almost same internals and also has XLR plus is cheaper.

Jan 7, 2023 at 3:51 AM Post #10,805 of 11,472
Could someone please confirm if Evo has replaced both standard and AE because I still see AE on Feliks website, but just sold out? Assume they are working to finish Evo orders and will continue selling AE which doesn’t make much sense if Evo has almost same internals and also has XLR plus is cheaper.
From what the guys @ Zepp told me, the Evo will replace the Euforia OG. It (Evo) has similar parts to the AE, but with more upgrades. The XLR output on the front is also for convenience; the amp is still single-ended interally. Not sure about the AE stuff, since i didn't ask but it seems to have been discontinued with the release of Evo, probably due to how similar both Euforias' are

Jan 8, 2023 at 10:11 AM Post #10,808 of 11,472
How many hours does it take for a NEW Euforia device and the lights to break in? What specifically changes in the sound during the break-in period?
It shouldn't matter that much in the scheme of things. The key thing to note is your own listening experiences changes as your ears acclimate to your new gear. Just use it as you were with your older equipment and you might hear something that surprise you as log more hours. Whether that is due to the device burning in or the tubes or your own hearing it doesn't matter as long as it enhances your enjoyment so don't place too much emphasis on a particular number. It's a new amp and few people have heard it let alone own one. Note your own experiences and share it if you wish.

Jan 8, 2023 at 9:07 PM Post #10,810 of 11,472
OK everyone...I just pulled the trigger on a Euforia AE... I have a ZMF Verite Closed... Am I in fact in for a treat...? :)
A) yes indeed!
B) it’s not Halloween and it’s not a trick! 🤣

Jan 9, 2023 at 8:07 AM Post #10,813 of 11,472
I did not expect that such cheap headphones, play so well with Euforia
Great synergy.
:)

Attachments

• IMG20230109140348.jpg
    IMG20230109140348.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Jan 10, 2023 at 7:20 PM Post #10,814 of 11,472
100h is a good mark, for both amp and tubes . But as said it's subjective... it will depend on many factors. Just change now the Psvane Cv181 T MII for a pair of Lin lai E6SN7 and I'm loving it!! I was missing a little warm and body in the Bass.. it's perfect now! The Euforia Evo is perfect for me, paired with both my ZMF VC and VO! The Lavricables on the ZMF is the cherry on top, super happy!!

Last edited:
Jan 11, 2023 at 4:07 PM Post #10,815 of 11,472
Hello,

Congratulations and welcome to the Euforia Club, you 2.👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻
Have fun with the Ae and Evo.👍😉👍😉

I use the Linlai every now and then and am always surprised by how profoundly they perform and I also agree with the shot of warmth and better bass definition compared to the Ps vane.

You don't have to worry about burning in.
The Ps Vane unfortunately have a bit of a tendency to be strong at times and weaken again in the burn in phase.
So far I have only had this with these tubes and no others, not even in the Nos range.

It is actually more important that the Euforia should not run for more than 8 hours at a time, and in summer make sure that there is enough air circulation.

By the way, I have a question for those who have been here for a while.
On the back of the Euforia OG it says that I should use a
1.6 A T fuse.
I used a 1.25 A T fuse as standard, and I also used the same value for the Hifi Tuning Supreme 3 fuse.
Since I will be testing another fuse from a different manufacturer, I have to ask myself whether I should use a 1.25 A or 1.6 A T fuse.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back