Feliks-Audio EUFORIA - A Wolf in "Sheep's" Clothing...
Jan 11, 2023 at 4:26 PM Post #10,816 of 11,474
Hello,

Congratulations and welcome to the Euforia Club, you 2.πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»
Have fun with the Ae and Evo.πŸ‘πŸ˜‰πŸ‘πŸ˜‰

I use the Linlai every now and then and am always surprised by how profoundly they perform and I also agree with the shot of warmth and better bass definition compared to the Ps vane.

You don't have to worry about burning in.
The Ps Vane unfortunately have a bit of a tendency to be strong at times and weaken again in the burn in phase.
So far I have only had this with these tubes and no others, not even in the Nos range.

It is actually more important that the Euforia should not run for more than 8 hours at a time, and in summer make sure that there is enough air circulation.

By the way, I have a question for those who have been here for a while.
On the back of the Euforia OG it says that I should use a
1.6 A T fuse.
I used a 1.25 A T fuse as standard, and I also used the same value for the Hifi Tuning Supreme 3 fuse.
Since I will be testing another fuse from a different manufacturer, I have to ask myself whether I should use a 1.25 A or 1.6 A T fuse.
You should use a 1 6A fuse.

Using a 1.25A instead will never harm the amp, since it will blow earlier than the 1 6A would.
It's possible that the 1 25A fuse will blow even tho the amp is operating as intended, depending on how tight they measured it.

You should NEVER use a fuse higher than 1.6A since this coujd potentially harm the amp by not blowing the fuse when needed

Jan 11, 2023 at 4:51 PM Post #10,817 of 11,474
You should use a 1 6A fuse.

Using a 1.25A instead will never harm the amp, since it will blow earlier than the 1 6A would.
It's possible that the 1 25A fuse will blow even tho the amp is operating as intended, depending on how tight they measured it.

You should NEVER use a fuse higher than 1.6A since this coujd potentially harm the amp by not blowing the fuse when needed
Hey,

All right, thanks for the clarification.πŸ™
I was thinking something like that.

I didn't even notice it myself the whole time πŸ˜‡
It was only when the subject came up again that the fuse salesman said that 1.25 A was a bit tight for a tube amp and 1.6 A would be more ideal.

Luckily he hadn't sent the order yet, so we had another quick phone call and agreed on the 1.6A.
I hadn't actually intended to use more than 1.6 A, also for safety reasons.

The dealer himself was also slightly confused at first, and even advised against further consultation to clarify the matter beforehand.
I myself was not 100% sure what exactly belongs in there.
That's why I asked here again to be on the safe side.

Thank you very much again from a German colleague's point of view.
Let's have a beer sometime, I'm paying ✌️✌️✌️.

Jan 11, 2023 at 5:48 PM Post #10,818 of 11,474
Hello,

Congratulations and welcome to the Euforia Club, you 2.πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»
Have fun with the Ae and Evo.πŸ‘πŸ˜‰πŸ‘πŸ˜‰

I use the Linlai every now and then and am always surprised by how profoundly they perform and I also agree with the shot of warmth and better bass definition compared to the Ps vane.

You don't have to worry about burning in.
The Ps Vane unfortunately have a bit of a tendency to be strong at times and weaken again in the burn in phase.
So far I have only had this with these tubes and no others, not even in the Nos range.

It is actually more important that the Euforia should not run for more than 8 hours at a time, and in summer make sure that there is enough air circulation.

By the way, I have a question for those who have been here for a while.
On the back of the Euforia OG it says that I should use a
1.6 A T fuse.
I used a 1.25 A T fuse as standard, and I also used the same value for the Hifi Tuning Supreme 3 fuse.
Since I will be testing another fuse from a different manufacturer, I have to ask myself whether I should use a 1.25 A or 1.6 A T fuse.
Also thinking in changing the fuse on the Euforia Evo... i change the fuse to a SR Purple fuse on my Ferrum Hypsos and love the sound . Don't know if would bring something to the Evo also... On the Manual of the Euforia Evo it does not mention anything , for what fuse is being used .

Jan 11, 2023 at 6:15 PM Post #10,819 of 11,474
Also thinking in changing the fuse on the Euforia Evo... i change the fuse to a SR Purple fuse on my Ferrum Hypsos and love the sound . Don't know if would bring something to the Evo also... On the Manual of the Euforia Evo it does not mention anything , for what fuse is being used .
Euforia AE takes a 1.6. Envy Takes a 1.6. Probably new Euforia does too, but it should be in the manual, if that is available yet.

I like SR Purple in my Envy.

Jan 11, 2023 at 6:44 PM Post #10,820 of 11,474
Look at the back of your Evo, it should say something there, a little above the mains plug.
230 V version and somewhere it should say 1.6 A T or similar.But look at what it says on your Evo. Apparently a 1.0 A T comes in for the European version.

289328C7-C766-440A-B7DF-430B43BCC7CD.png

I currently have the Hifi Tuning Supreme 3 Silver/Gold in it, which wasn't necessarily bad.
And one from Refine Audio is supposed to come in the next few days.

Here is a description of it:
Those who know the Ra cables know how little character they have of their own, but how they allow an enormously deep insight into the musical flow of the recording situation. The Ra fuses are sonically aligned with this ideal. This is not a correction fuse with a "wow" effect. Homogeneity, timing and energy is what is very clearly enhanced here.

I have heard a lot about the SR Purpel, but I am still sceptical about the price.
Can you justify it?

According to the dealer, the Refine has the advantage that you can stack it without bending the sound.
According to the other fuses, this is the case if you use too many of them.
I can confirm this a bit because I have the Hifi tuning Supreme 3 in the Dac and DDC with the gold Cardas and in the Euforia with the silver/gold.
Sometimes it sounded boring and a bit monotonous and then it worked again.

Last edited:
Jan 11, 2023 at 7:01 PM Post #10,821 of 11,474
Look at the back of your Evo, it should say something there, a little above the mains plug.
230 V version and somewhere it should say 1.6 A T or similar.But look at what it says on your Evo. Apparently a 1.0 A T comes in for the European version.

289328C7-C766-440A-B7DF-430B43BCC7CD.png
I currently have the Hifi Tuning Supreme 3 Silver/Gold in it, which wasn't necessarily bad.
And one from Refine Audio is supposed to come in the next few days.

Here is a description of it:
Those who know the Ra cables know how little character they have of their own, but how they allow an enormously deep insight into the musical flow of the recording situation. The Ra fuses are sonically aligned with this ideal. This is not a correction fuse with a "wow" effect. Homogeneity, timing and energy is what is very clearly enhanced here.

I have heard a lot about the SR Purpel, but I am still sceptical about the price.
Can you justify it?

According to the dealer, the Refine has the advantage that you can stack it without bending the sound.
According to the other fuses, this is the case if you use too many of them.
I can confirm this a bit because I have the Hifi tuning Supreme 3 in the Dac and DDC with the gold Cardas and in the Euforia with the silver/gold.
Sometimes it sounded boring and a bit monotonous and then it worked again.
I've used the Hifi Tuning Supreme 3 (which I agree was kinda "meh"). I have Synergistic Research Purple fuses in everything that takes them. They are stacked in my Woo Audio WA6-SE/Musician Pegasus rigs. So that's 2 fuses in the DACs (each) and one in each amplifier (for a total of 6), plus another one in my Woo WA5-LE (the Denafrips Pontus II doesn't use fuses). I have no issues with sound distortion in any of my systems. I do think they help with the fine tweaking of the sound, but I wouldn't say they're earth-shattering. Worth it if you have the money to spend. If it stretches your wallet, save the money and spend it on upgrading tubes or cables first.

IMO, YMMV

Jan 11, 2023 at 7:24 PM Post #10,822 of 11,474
I've used the Hifi Tuning Supreme 3 (which I agree was kinda "meh"). I have Synergistic Research Purple fuses in everything that takes them. They are stacked in my Woo Audio WA6-SE/Musician Pegasus rigs. So that's 2 fuses in the DACs (each) and one in each amplifier (for a total of 6), plus another one in my Woo WA5-LE (the Denafrips Pontus II doesn't use fuses). I have no issues with sound distortion in any of my systems. I do think they help with the fine tweaking of the sound, but I wouldn't say they're earth-shattering. Worth it if you have the money to spend. If it stretches your wallet, save the money and spend it on upgrading tubes or cables first.

IMO, YMMV
Yes, I agree, better to invest in cables and tubes first.
The fuse may subtly round off the rest.
The icing on the cake if you like 😁.

I find the silver Hifi Tuning much livelier than the gold one.
The bass definition is also better, but the punch is a bit more lacking.
The golden one is better at that, but I have the impression that it has phases where it is sometimes a bit too thick.

edit:
Here is something for those who operate Euforia with Kt 88.
The Egg Shape tube looks really good.
https://premiumvacuumtubes.com/product-category/shop_by_tube_model/kt88_6550/

This is also a trustworthy dealer, I bought my 6SN7 Linlai there back when they were still unknown.

Last edited:
Jan 12, 2023 at 2:13 AM Post #10,823 of 11,474
Hi @Deleeh, agree the egg shaped Linlai KT88 is quite interesting appearance. have you used it in Euforia and if so, what are your impressions of it's sound characteristics?

Jan 12, 2023 at 6:17 AM Post #10,824 of 11,474
Hi @Deleeh, agree the egg shaped Linlai KT88 is quite interesting appearance. have you used it in Euforia and if so, what are your impressions of it's sound characteristics?
Hey
Unfortunately not yet.
I only saw them recently when I was surfing.
They would certainly be interesting.
I also have to see if I can use the adapters from Deyan that I have at home or if I need some more.

And I'll have to look again at the maximum ampere limit of the Euforia.

I will keep the tubes in mind.
If I should buy them, I will have them pre-recorded right away.
It's a very nice service they offer.

Jan 13, 2023 at 2:11 PM Post #10,827 of 11,474
Hi mates,wonder how is the sinergy with planars like lcdx on feliks andblow impedance like Focal Clear Mg, walking around to buy a euforia evo. Thanks

Jan 13, 2023 at 2:37 PM Post #10,828 of 11,474
Hi mates,wonder how is the sinergy with planars like lcdx on feliks andblow impedance like Focal Clear Mg, walking around to buy a euforia evo. Thanks
fully serves them in principle, the euforia Evo is not like the general OTL tube amplifiers.

feliks audio members also say everywhere that it handles everything from 32-600 ohms, whether dynamic or planar. only for planar headphones with very low sensitivity, it is not as good as the susvara or 1266 tc. the envy is made for them, but it also matches them in price.

Last edited:
Jan 13, 2023 at 4:17 PM Post #10,829 of 11,474
I've just joined the Euforia family with my new Euforia Evo! I received it today. This is my first tube amp ever. After I bought ZMF VC and Atrium, and read so many good things about ZMF + tubes in general and Feliks OTLs in particular, there was no other way but to get it! :wink:

It is working for one hour, so I think I have to wait with sound impressions for a few days... But man, Chord TT2 + Euforia Evo + ZMF Atrium is life
466F029D-61CC-4E4E-BC71-A78658FDFB7D.jpeg
9CBFA3E7-F94C-4D09-94C8-A73C231EB907.jpeg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back