Feliks-Audio EUFORIA - A Wolf in "Sheep's" Clothing...
Jan 13, 2023 at 5:02 PM Post #10,831 of 11,474
Witam,✌️

Congratulations on the Euforia and of course welcome.
Hope you will enjoy it.
The volume pot looks surprisingly good in your photos.
How does it feel, if I may ask?
Do you use your whole hand or just your finger and turn the top of the knob?

Great headphones there too welcome to the Zmf family.
Is one of the best pairing with the amp.
Have fun with the new Evo and let us know what you think.

Jan 14, 2023 at 2:30 PM Post #10,832 of 11,474
The volume pot is very nice, and I rather use one finger to manipulate it. It's very smooth, and there is nothing to complain about it. I like it more than Violectric V550 and Chord TT2 volume pots, but maybe it's a "new toy syndrome" caused by the overall beautiful aesthetics of Feliks Euforia Evo.

Now I have to dive into the tube world and find what tubes are recommended for Euforia and where I can generally get them, and what they change (I have zero knowledge about it so far, I was SS all the way :beyersmile:, but I've heard that experimenting with the tubes can be very exciting)

Jan 14, 2023 at 2:45 PM Post #10,833 of 11,474
The volume pot is very nice, and I rather use one finger to manipulate it. It's very smooth, and there is nothing to complain about it. I like it more than Violectric V550 and Chord TT2 volume pots, but maybe it's a "new toy syndrome" caused by the overall beautiful aesthetics of Feliks Euforia Evo.
Actually the TT2 volume pot is quite annoying. LOL
Now I have to dive into the tube world and find what tubes are recommended for Euforia and where I can generally get them, and what they change (I have zero knowledge about it so far, I was SS all the way :beyersmile:, but I've heard that experimenting with the tubes can be very exciting)
Wait 100-200 hours with the stock tubes, they are decent. Do not hurry, patience is the biggest virtue in the tube world. You'll learn that in time, tubes need time, burn in, and so on... :)

Jan 18, 2023 at 12:25 PM Post #10,834 of 11,474
Actually the TT2 volume pot is quite annoying. LOL

Wait 100-200 hours with the stock tubes, they are decent. Do not hurry, patience is the biggest virtue in the tube world. You'll learn that in time, tubes need time, burn in, and so on... :)
Well, to be honest, I like the TT2 pot, but to each his own :) (But Euforia’s pot is better)

I recently became quite doubtful about the burn-in effect, but I must admit that in the case of tubes or tube amps in general, it really made a difference! After around 60 hours, listening to Euforia is clearly more pleasant. Now I even started to like my Meze Elites with them, and I think I like it more than TT2 directly. It is not so “clean” and precise but somehow more pleasant. I can’t explain it clearly, but I’m happy about it!

What strikes me most and I didn’t expect is that my favorite aspect is treble. It is really, really so good. Sparkly, never fatiguing but not muted, and somehow more full, natural, and entertaining. Truly wonderful! (And it’s an opinion from someone prone to treble fatigue). Of course, mids are also great, natural, and organic. I could say the same about the bass, but I wish that it was a tad (like 5%) better in both presence and structure. But let's wait the next 100 hours :)

C0F710DE-AF63-4EEF-9DF4-EC40A65D818B.jpeg

Last edited:
Jan 19, 2023 at 4:41 PM Post #10,836 of 11,474
Hi together fellow Feliks owners, my Euforia AE is on the way and i would like to buy a SR Purple Fuse in advance to start the burnin process with. What are your experiences with after market fuses so far. I would like to improve the base if it is possible.

What kind of fuse takes the Euforia AE for 230V: 5x20 1,6A?

Jan 19, 2023 at 4:49 PM Post #10,838 of 11,474
Congrats on the incoming Euforia AE but pardon my curiousity that with a new amp, the first thing you think of is upgrading the fuse.
I agree with UT, perhaps save the cost of SR fuse and add budget to your DAC choice. Likely better "bang for buck" that way.

Jan 19, 2023 at 4:52 PM Post #10,839 of 11,474
I agree with UT, perhaps save the cost of SR fuse and add budget to your DAC choice. Likely better "bang for buck" that way.
Or just invest it into tubes for the Euforia.

Jan 19, 2023 at 5:00 PM Post #10,844 of 11,474
Thanks mate, whats the deal with this tubes?

In my opinion and with what I've rolled in Euforia and that includes the GEC 6as7g, these tubes are about as good as it gets in Euforia. Thereafter it's just choosing your headphone, source and listening to music.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back