Feliks-Audio EUFORIA - A Wolf in "Sheep's" Clothing...
Dec 20, 2022 at 2:21 PM Post #10,771 of 11,502
Stage opens up quite bit , the highs are not so pricing mids are foward but smooth. low end is also a lot better , but for my taste the MM500 lacks a bit in quantity... also warmer with the Euforia more lush!
With which solid-state amplifier did you specifically experience this difference?Wasn't the dynamics, impact, frequency response bad on the Euphoria?

Last edited:
Dec 20, 2022 at 3:59 PM Post #10,772 of 11,502
With which solid-state amplifier did you specifically experience this difference?Wasn't the dynamics, impact, frequency response bad on the Euphoria?
I run Euforia anniversary edition with MM-500 and I'm very very pleased. Even though they are low impedance planars they have high sensitivity and in corresponding with Lucasz of Feliks Audio he indicated that would be the key parameter. Euforia is also somewhat unique for an OTL amp. in being able to run low impedance, high sensitivity planars, but my own experience is very positive. Given the similarities between EVO and euforia I went anticipate similarly excellent results.

Last edited:
Dec 20, 2022 at 10:13 PM Post #10,773 of 11,502
I have the Ferrum oor+Hypsos as a solid state and also the TT2 to compare. And yes the only thing I could give to solid state is impact… still not by much , it’s a different presentation

Dec 21, 2022 at 4:56 PM Post #10,774 of 11,502
Does anyone use a lower impedance dynamic or higher sensitivity (around 100 db) planar driver headphones for the euforia, 20th, or Evo amplifier?

and my other question would be what kind of quality the factory lamps in Euforia Evo are considered in the current lamp market.

how many hours do the stock tubes last before they need to be replaced?

Last edited:
Dec 21, 2022 at 5:07 PM Post #10,775 of 11,502
Does anyone use a lower impedance dynamic or higher sensitivity (around 100 db) planar driver headphones for the euforia, 20th, or Evo amplifier?

and my other question would be what kind of quality the factory lamps in Euforia Evo are considered in the current lamp market.
Many use the Meze Empyrean and Elite as great pairing of high sensitivity planars.

The PSVane 6SN7s are pretty solid among current production tubes. There are a few great 6SN7 NOS tubes available though as upgrades.

The 6N13s NOS tubes are also solid BUT there are like no options left to roll. Either super expensive or just not available.

For that reason many use adapters for use with EL34/KT88 tube Familien, which works great on the Euforia and Elise models

Dec 21, 2022 at 5:13 PM Post #10,776 of 11,502
I have the Ferrum oor+Hypsos as a solid state and also the TT2 to compare. And yes the only thing I could give to solid state is impact… still not by much , it’s a different presentation
do you think the euforia Evo + TT2 dac is better in everything than the $6000 TT2 as a dac+amp used alone, except dynamic punch? this seems so incredible. Is the euforia Evo that good, or is the TT2 overpriced?

Dec 22, 2022 at 6:58 AM Post #10,777 of 11,502
do you think the euforia Evo + TT2 dac is better in everything than the $6000 TT2 as a dac+amp used alone, except dynamic punch? this seems so incredible. Is the euforia Evo that good, or is the TT2 overpriced?
They have different presentations.. the TT2 combo is more analytical linear with less sound stage . You gain more deep( 3D effect) and larger stage with a warmer and lush presentation with TT2 + Euforia Evo.

TT2 is not cheap but i can´t find any DAC/amp in the market that offers what the TT2 can do for the price.

Dec 22, 2022 at 8:29 PM Post #10,778 of 11,502
I think it's good to pair otl tube amplifiers with a dac device that can deliver a high signal level via rca (2.5V-3V) so that the tube amp is as loud as possible, with little distortion, (0.0001) and which has high crosstalk? (138db) like this the chord qutest. or is there a better one in this category, or even cheaper? I think the most important parameter for the dac device in this case is the high output power, and it is worth going towards the usual 2V. And that it should be technically the best possible, mainly on rca output, since all euphoria models only have rca input.

Last edited:
Dec 22, 2022 at 9:18 PM Post #10,779 of 11,502
I think it's good to pair otl tube amplifiers with a dac device that can deliver a high signal level via rca (2.5V-3V) so that the tube amp is as loud as possible, with little distortion, (0.0001) and which has high crosstalk? (138db) like this the chord qutest. or is there a better one in this category, or even cheaper? I think the most important parameter for the dac device in this case is the high output power, and it is worth going towards the usual 2V. And that it should be technically the best possible, mainly on rca output, since all euphoria models only have rca input.
Holo May and Spring 3, and RME ADI2 DAC FS can all output on the high side, and worked well with my Euforia AE when I had it.

Dec 24, 2022 at 2:54 AM Post #10,782 of 11,502
The PSVane tubes take >100hrs
They take a lot and the road is not linear. One day you'll love them and other day you'll want to throw them away. Patience is the key to these. Same for Philips EL3N, never judge them before at least 100 hrs.

Dec 24, 2022 at 5:24 AM Post #10,783 of 11,502
They take a lot and the road is not linear. One day you'll love them and other day you'll want to throw them away. Patience is the key to these. Same for Philips EL3N, never judge them before at least 100 hrs.
Ah OH...the same goes for a good few other tubes methinks - especially those 'alternative' ones I adapted for use in FA's circuits lol! :wink: And very possibly a factor in their benchmark testing of a lovely pair of converted EL11s I sent them alas? :frowning2:

I would add that it's not just tubes that can make tubedom a love/hate relationship...hence my eventual need for a 'quieter' life in SS land!! Luckily, this can indeed be coaxed into also enjoying the more positive attributes of tubes/vinyl, without so much 'angst' lol...but it ain't easy!!...

ps. Hi, by the way...CJ

Dec 26, 2022 at 9:43 PM Post #10,784 of 11,502
Having had the Euforia Mk2 in the past and absolutely loving it, would the AE version be a clear upgrade?

I'm back on the market after regrettably selling my MK2 but I'm curious as to the AE version is the way to go. Is there a trade off with the AE? From what I gather here is that the AE is a bit more smooth/warm than the MK2. I'm trying to snag either one since it's on sale and seem to be discontinued.

Any insight will help, thank you 🙏

Dec 27, 2022 at 6:02 AM Post #10,785 of 11,502
Having had the Euforia Mk2 in the past and absolutely loving it, would the AE version be a clear upgrade?

I'm back on the market after regrettably selling my MK2 but I'm curious as to the AE version is the way to go. Is there a trade off with the AE? From what I gather here is that the AE is a bit more smooth/warm than the MK2. I'm trying to snag either one since it's on sale and seem to be discontinued.

Any insight will help, thank you 🙏
The Evo has been released since then, it's worth buying.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back