Feliks-Audio EUFORIA - A Wolf in "Sheep's" Clothing...
Jul 3, 2021 at 4:28 PM Post #9,317 of 11,460
This is not what i need to hear. Lubing up the wallet now…
Yes prepare the wallet!

For my wallet this might even be the better situation, the Woo probably will have the higher price tag...

I'm seriously hyped for the Feliks 300B, still hope that it is at the end of the year. My wallet needs some rest after the january purchases as well.

Jul 3, 2021 at 5:20 PM Post #9,319 of 11,460
I hope they built it to the exceptional standards of the Euforia AE.
They want it to be their new flagship, surpassing the Euforia AE.

Pretty sure they will have their highest Standards for this amp.

Jul 5, 2021 at 4:02 PM Post #9,320 of 11,460
If it comes from Feliks Audio, it will be top tier, regardless. They do not sell inferior products, they all have to measure up to their father's approval. Great family to deal with, I have been in touch with them for several years. The Elise was the first amp of theirs I bought and never had a problem with it, but upgraded to the Euphoria when it came out. Now have the AE and have been very satisfied with it and the family of course. Just emailed them about another amp they had been working on before covid hit. It was spectacular, hope it makes it to production. They are a design house and this is where the Elise came to fruition, with one of our founding forum writers HPNOS1.

Jul 5, 2021 at 7:32 PM Post #9,321 of 11,460
Me too, I was thinking about getting a Woo Wa33 but now I will definitely wait for the Feliks 300B amp.

Did he give you any more Info like which preamp and rectifier tubes will be used?
I do want to point out that all manufacturers are bound to use tubes that are in plentiful supply which usually means new production. And the experience of most tube rollers has been that old NOS tubes perform better than new production tubes, although there seems to be more solid contenders now among the new production tubes.
As an individual you only need a couple of tubes, but a manufacturer has to know that he can get as many as he needs.

Jul 6, 2021 at 3:12 AM Post #9,322 of 11,460
I do want to point out that all manufacturers are bound to use tubes that are in plentiful supply which usually means new production. And the experience of most tube rollers has been that old NOS tubes perform better than new production tubes, although there seems to be more solid contenders now among the new production tubes.
As an individual you only need a couple of tubes, but a manufacturer has to know that he can get as many as he needs.
You're correct there.
What I meant were tube types not the exact tubes used.

By now I know it will be 6SN7 in the preamp section.

Jul 7, 2021 at 7:04 AM Post #9,323 of 11,460
Contact with Lukasz yesterday, he said should be in demo hands in a few months and release is slated for this year. Also the other project, that was dear to my heart was changed to the 300B project. The other was a beautiful amp.

Jul 7, 2021 at 7:11 AM Post #9,324 of 11,460
Contact with Lukasz yesterday, he said should be in demo hands in a few months and release is slated for this year. Also the other project, that was dear to my heart was changed to the 300B project. The other was a beautiful amp.
Pretty sure the 300B Project will mske up for it.
And maybe they return to those other plans after the 300B Release.

I wonder how it will look and what the final price will be, but I never anticipated a new amp as much as this one before.

Jul 7, 2021 at 2:12 PM Post #9,325 of 11,460
From what he says it should be a beautiful amplifier do some nice polish wood as well. I said as soon as he has photos available for distribution he'll send them to me I will post them here

Jul 11, 2021 at 4:01 AM Post #9,326 of 11,460
Me too, I was thinking about getting a Woo Wa33 but now I will definitely wait for the Feliks 300B amp.

Did he give you any more Info like which preamp and rectifier tubes will be used?
Have you heard anything about the price point of this new amp? I'm assuming it'll be twice that on a standard Euforia, being a fully balanced 300B.

Jul 11, 2021 at 5:55 AM Post #9,327 of 11,460
Have you heard anything about the price point of this new amp? I'm assuming it'll be twice that on a standard Euforia, being a fully balanced 300B.
No not yet. Only know that it will be more expensive than Euforia, but that was obvious even without him mentioning it.

Jul 11, 2021 at 7:43 AM Post #9,328 of 11,460
No not yet. Only know that it will be more expensive than Euforia, but that was obvious even without him mentioning it.
Yeah okay.

I just pulled the trigger on a Euforia, can't wait!

Are there any links to people's thoughts on various tubes with it? What are some of the best / most synergistic? I'm using Utopias and love a clean & detailed sound, but I'd also be interested in tubes good for natural tambre, or punch, soudstage, or anything that is a good pairing.

Jul 11, 2021 at 8:59 AM Post #9,329 of 11,460
Congratulations,
Did you buy it with standard tubes or without and still need some?

If you go back a few pages, you will certainly find some suggestions.
But be careful that you are also talking about the conversions.
6080 6as7g and 6sn7 are the standard tubes.
Kt,El 6v6c tubes are then the conversions.

Lin lai as 6sn7 with the 6080 Mullard or Sylvania I find a very good combination.
If you want something more forward then the Lin Lai's with the 6080 General Electric tube.

Jul 11, 2021 at 9:23 AM Post #9,330 of 11,460
There is a review of Feliks Arioso 300 B SET amp (US$6466) in August 2021 Stereophile magazine. The reviewer Herb Reichert quite likes it. It is an integrate speaker amp. No headphone function.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back