Feliks-Audio EUFORIA - A Wolf in "Sheep's" Clothing...
Jul 11, 2021 at 11:45 AM Post #9,331 of 11,472
The previous project that they were working on that I was waiting for was a 2A3 amplifier. This is from Lukasz's email to me recently. "
The project evolved a bit into a different concept, with the power tubes changed to 300B and removing the stax amplification part, so that the amplifier should be significantly more affordable (and smaller too!). We're finalzing prototype work and will be sharing first units with some reviewers in 2-3 months time, launch planned for 2021. It will be also fully balanced xlr input/outputs and with 3 selectable audio sources. Chassis will be finished in beautiful oil-treated real wood."
So this is starting to sound very good to me also. I really wanted a 2A3 amp, and their design was beautiful, but they changed it to 300B power and a redesign of the case of course. 300B is another classic design and will be a great addition, knowing Feliks quality and attention to detail. They have a wonderful family business, and pops makes sure everything is just right before he approves things. Would have loved to be a beta tester on this one.

Jul 11, 2021 at 2:14 PM Post #9,332 of 11,472
The previous project that they were working on that I was waiting for was a 2A3 amplifier. This is from Lukasz's email to me recently. "
The project evolved a bit into a different concept, with the power tubes changed to 300B and removing the stax amplification part, so that the amplifier should be significantly more affordable (and smaller too!). We're finalzing prototype work and will be sharing first units with some reviewers in 2-3 months time, launch planned for 2021. It will be also fully balanced xlr input/outputs and with 3 selectable audio sources. Chassis will be finished in beautiful oil-treated real wood."
So this is starting to sound very good to me also. I really wanted a 2A3 amp, and their design was beautiful, but they changed it to 300B power and a redesign of the case of course. 300B is another classic design and will be a great addition, knowing Feliks quality and attention to detail. They have a wonderful family business, and pops makes sure everything is just right before he approves things. Would have loved to be a beta tester on this one.
Now that I read about the Stax functionality I am Torn between what I would have preferred.
A "all in one amp" from Feliks would have been great imo. However the cheaper price without Stax functionality is also nice

Also curious about the design, at first I thought about something like the Arioso but this sounds like a significantly different design.

Jul 11, 2021 at 2:31 PM Post #9,334 of 11,472
Seems like you are heading
Audiovalve Luminare or Solaris.
Or is it a pure stereo amplifier
Neither of those use 6SN7 and 300Bs tho.

Jul 11, 2021 at 4:13 PM Post #9,335 of 11,472
There is a review of Feliks Arioso 300 B SET amp (US$6466) in August 2021 Stereophile magazine. The reviewer Herb Reichert quite likes it. It is an integrate speaker amp. No headphone function.
ahh I did actually see his review, didn’t realise people were talking about the speaker amp.

Deleeh, I bought it with the Psvane tubes, but I’m keen to roll them and try different tubes out. Thanks for the recommendation! :)

Jul 11, 2021 at 4:26 PM Post #9,336 of 11,472
ahh I did actually see his review, didn’t realise people were talking about the speaker amp.

Deleeh, I bought it with the Psvane tubes, but I’m keen to roll them and try different tubes out. Thanks for the recommendation! :)
Actually discussions are mixed.
Most of us talked about a new 300B headphone amp, which will be released later this year.

Jul 12, 2021 at 7:29 AM Post #9,337 of 11,472
I ended up ordering some Gold Lion KT88’s and adapters from Deyan. Very excited to see how this goes 😁

Jul 12, 2021 at 7:35 AM Post #9,338 of 11,472
I ended up ordering some Gold Lion KT88’s and adapters from Deyan. Very excited to see how this goes 😁
For your Euforia?
Does that even work electrically?

Did you ask them if that is save to use?

Jul 12, 2021 at 8:05 AM Post #9,339 of 11,472
For your Euforia?
Does that even work electrically?

Did you ask them if that is save to use?

I thought they are a common choice for the Euforia, see https://www.head-fi.org/threads/feliks-audio-euforia-a-wolf-in-sheeps-clothing.831743/post-15343710

But yeah, I'm totally new to tube rolling and have no clue how to safely select tubes, (other than what FA quoted themselves and what others say have worked!) - more than happy to hear your 2 cents on the right approach.

edit: spelling

Last edited:
Jul 12, 2021 at 8:32 AM Post #9,340 of 11,472
I thought they are a common choice for the Euforia, see https://www.head-fi.org/threads/feliks-audio-euforia-a-wolf-in-sheeps-clothing.831743/post-15343710

But yeah, I'm totally new to tube rolling and have no clue how to safely select tubes, (other than what FA quoted themselves and what otherwise say have worked!) - more than happy to hear your 2 cents on the right approach.
I just found out about it through your post.
Seems to be 'ok'

Honestly if I had known about that last year my amp journey would have been different.

Important is to keep the total current consumption below 6.6A as far as I read.
Also probably best to double check if it is the same for Euforia and the AE.

So I throw my questions in here as well.
1. Where can I get the KT88 to 6N13S adapters?
2. This should also work with EL34/KT77 right?
3. Does 6SN7 in the driver + KT88 in power slot work (anyone with experience here?)

The Euforia isn't crazy expensive, I now really consider it as well.
Should sound noteably warmer and Tubey-er as my Octave.

Jul 12, 2021 at 8:51 AM Post #9,341 of 11,472
I just found out about it through your post.
Seems to be 'ok'

Honestly if I had known about that last year my amp journey would have been different.

Important is to keep the total current consumption below 6.6A as far as I read.
Also probably best to double check if it is the same for Euforia and the AE.

So I throw my questions in here as well.
1. Where can I get the KT88 to 6N13S adapters?
2. This should also work with EL34/KT77 right?
3. Does 6SN7 in the driver + KT88 in power slot work (anyone with experience here?)

The Euforia isn't crazy expensive, I now really consider it as well.
Should sound noteably warmer and Tubey-er as my Octave.
I have a set of GL KT88s + adapters from ebay as I was curious about this roll as well. Unfortunately too much power output is lost when running quad KT88 for my Empyrean to be driven adequately. I do regularly listen at 80-85 dB SPL though, so if you're a quiet listener this might not be as much of an issue for you.

The quad KT88s pair spectacularly well with my HD580, though.

Last edited:
Jul 12, 2021 at 9:02 AM Post #9,342 of 11,472
To answer question #3; No, that won't work. 6sn7s will draw too much current.

I have a set of GL KT88s + adapters from ebay as I was curious about this roll as well. Unfortunately too much power output is lost when running quad KT88 for my Empyrean to be driven adequately. I do regularly listen at 80-85 dB SPL though, so if you're a quiet listener this might not be as much of an issue for you.

The quad KT88s pair spectacularly well with my HD580, though.
Too Bad 6SN7 + KT88 would have been interesting.

On the other hand my wallet is relieved 😆

Thx for answering my questions

Jul 12, 2021 at 9:06 AM Post #9,343 of 11,472
Too Bad 6SN7 + KT88 would have been interesting.

On the other hand my wallet is relieved 😆

Thx for answering my questions

6SN7 works as a driver with the other stock tube, so it surprised me that it wouldn’t work as a driver with the KT88 (again, newbie here!)

Tube rolling is trickier than I thought, how am I supposed to know which combination of tubes are safe? 😂

edit: haha figuring out quotes.

Last edited:
Jul 12, 2021 at 9:11 AM Post #9,344 of 11,472
Tube rolling is trickier than I thought, how am I supposed to know which combination of tubes are safe? 😂
You have to research the specs of each tube type. To know which voltage and current needs they have. (Generally possible to Google it)

Then you have to know what max current etc is save to use in your amp. For this info you have to ask the manufacturer.

When using different sockets you also have to use the right adapters with correct pin out.

So yeah it can be rather complicated at first
Maybe I also forgot about Important aspects, I never rolled with adapters myself

Jul 12, 2021 at 9:29 AM Post #9,345 of 11,472
6SN7 works as a driver with the other stock tube, so it surprised me that it wouldn’t work as a driver with the KT88 (again, newbie here!)

edit: haha figuring out quotes.

Attachments

• elspecs (1)(1).jpg
    elspecs (1)(1).jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back